Das Reboot and the Road to UEFA Nations League & EC2020

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Ger90, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The under 21 last year won handsomely, they should be next in line and I would go for jup for a tournament cycle to bring the chemistry through

Rosebud and Ger90 repped this.
  2. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Everyone would take Jupp, but I don’t think he will even be considered unfortunately.

3. saj7866

saj7866 Member+

Dortmund
    Germany
    May 10, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I've got a feeling he won't go, like u state dfb are scared shitless of him,

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Me & Ger90 have butted heads about that exact point in the youth thread many times lol. I agree with you, the recent influx of foreign talents was a result of the failure by the 97ers & 98ers...which is why I expect to see it slow down over the next 2-3 summers.

But part of it also a reflection of foreign talents recognizing our clubs & academies' quality.

Another interesting aside on this larger topic is how that influx of foreign talent has also forced some german kids to establish new avenues into first team football for german kids ready to make that jump...like Ludewig going to RB's B-team in austria or Kühn leaving for first-team football next season with Ajax...

5. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I know that the away green shirt is popular amongst many here, but personally I have hated that kit my entire life, and hope this is the last time EVER we see Germany wear those horrendous kits. As an aesthetic part of das Reboot 2018 the away kit should always be a mix of black and red from now on.

Minttunator and Ger90 repped this.
  6. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

In a way this embarrassment could be good for us in the long term. Had we lucked our way into the quarters/semis again, I don't think there would've been a huge outcry for change and we could've been stuck with Löw and his favourites for another 2-4 years. That huge outcry for change is sure to come now, though, and it will hopefully light a fire under everyone's arses.

Jogi will have to be sacked or resign (my guess is he resigns within the next few days) and many of the old guard who showed that their best performances are behind them will also probably retire. This means Khedira, Özil, Gomez, maybe even Müller and (as much as I love him) probably Hummels as well. Draxler should never be called up again.

As I said in the other thread, I'm actually not super angry right now. Once we get a new coach with some new ideas and a fresh approach and start integrating the young talent better (Sane being the prime example), I think we can come out of this as a much stronger team by 2020! :thumbsup:

GermanJacket, dips82, Rosebud and 4 others repped this.
  7. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hate the green too. I prefer black and white, the rest seem like a sore on the eyes.

BVBFNM repped this.
  8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Your youth is part of why I hate that hiring so much. You guys are loaded in the 2000ers & younger age groups. Evina & Batista Meier are some of our biggest attacking talents of any jahrgang, Mai looks like an absolutely amazing CB in the making, and there are a number of other legit talents there...even if I'm not their biggest fan. Plus there's Arp, who could challenge Werner as Klose's successor...if Eggestein, Makanda or Moukoko can't beat him to it...

At least Leipzig is getting Nagelsmann next summer to utilize all of the talent in their academy...but no Hoeneß had to get his old friend instead of the brilliant kid who's an amazing teacher & tactician, and who trusts youth...

#NotStillBitterAboutTheKovacHire

Ger90 and nekkibasara repped this.
  9. Minttunator

Minttunator Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Estonia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    100% agree. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy the 2010 away jersey when it was available. Now that was a classy kit!

[​IMG]

BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  10. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our youth is a big reason I was so pissed we couldnt get pep to stay. He gave players like Kimmich a real chance.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the irony is that Boa's brother taking Ballack out meant he didn't even play in 2010.:D

Minttunator repped this.
  12. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Werner has to become more clinical
    Sane has to get integrated

old core must go although I don’t think Hummels and Boa are done yet

Fussballer, Minttunator, Alex C and 2 others repped this.
  13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm no bayern fan so I don't love him as a coach quite to that extent, but I do think he'd be a great fit to lead the next generation into the Euros if most of our older midfielders & attackers retired and we turned to the confed cup & U21 champions from last summer...as I'm 50/50 about Neuer & Boa/Mats sticking around for one last cycle.

Plus being a NT coach is so much less energy-intensive than being a club coach, so maybe there's a chance of it actually happening? Jupp for the next cycle or two, and then when Klopp is ready to leave Liverpool he can take over...please...

14. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    they might not be done but both might want to leave the NT soon,

on the other hand, this could be the right time to move on from them both. They will be old in 2022 almost 34.

would rather see Germany use inexperienced CBs in 2020 so that they will have experience in 2022.

15. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Slightly OT, but what hurts me the most is the fact that Reus missed out on what will probably be his only shot at World Cup glory. I seriously doubt he'll be around for 2022, as he will be 33 by that time and with his injury record... meanwhile the 23 motherf uckers from Spain have a World Cup title they don't deserve.

Football can be so cruel sometimes.

Minttunator and nekkibasara repped this.
  16. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Jupp for 2 tournaments leading into klopp would be my dream scenario for the nt.

Rosebud, Minttunator and Ger90 repped this.
  17. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can’t agree more. Spain 2010 is probably the worst team ever to win a WC.

Minttunator, BVBFNM and Ger90 repped this.
  18. Karl-Heinz Riedle

Aug 27, 2009
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Cork City
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why not ?

19. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  20. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    His tactics and team selection make Löw look like a genius. That’s the problem.

21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  22. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    he's been involved in behind the scenes after that though. Whether as technical director, sporting director etc. Worked for the dfb, Bayern, Dortmund. Including working on the youth levels for Germany.

not sure what to think about it, but the connections is there. Not like he left football for 20 years, he's still involved.

23. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What are his preferred tactics? Is he flexible with those tactics? Can he intergrate youth and develop a more dynamic style?

These are the key requirements for any new NT coach.

Ger90 repped this.
  24. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    No to Sammer until he has proven himself as a coach. He got his first coaching jobs because of his name and realized he wasn't ready for it. He didn't coach after that. On the other side, it apparently worked for Kuntz when you provide competent assistants.

Ger90 repped this.
  25. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Problem is Sammer's recent health issues, which are very likely to prevent him from taking over.

Ger90 repped this.