Dark Knight Please Explain

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Dirt McGirt, Mar 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a terrific thread, and the attention to it is great, but poor Don LeonarDo still wants to change his name just a few threads down. Somebody besides Dark Knight (who, after reading this thread, I now really wonder about ;) , please help the Don!

2. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    So they get safety from feeling the wrath of the real supporters? Rooting for individual players doesn't give a person the right to bash the team as what was going on in the YA thread. Just because they are in the hallowed halls of YA shouldn't exclude them from having to feel the heat from the fans of the team they are rightfully or wrongfully bashing.

3. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cuz I haven't broken any rules.
    No, of course they'd get crap scores because they suck so badly.

4. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D I fully support Don LeonarDo in his quest for happiness and a new name.

5. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    And until the moderation improves the same scenario will play out again and again. Earlier this season it was the turn of several Everton fans, who simply gave up posting opinions in YA because of the hassle they received. Now it's the turn of Newcastle fans... pretty sad, imo, that people who actually see YAs play simply end up staying away.

6. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Actually, I think you'll find it's because the moderators prefer reading your hilariously inept contributions.

7. Serge

Serge New Member

Aug 2, 2005
    why do i keep getting banned from forums and keep getting infractions i do not do anything bad explain dark knight or i take this to congress

8. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The funny thing, we were right and they were wrong. They thought, for some Godforsaken reason, that Everton, not exactly swimming in cash, would spend a few million to bring in a backup keeper. Those of us residing in the reality based world pointed out how silly was that notion. We knew that Howard was brought in as the presumptive #1.

You have your interpretation as to why the Toffees left. Me, I think it's more likely that they didn't want to have to face about a million "we told you so" posts. :p

9. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Then what's your opinion of the Newcastle situation as you dodged my post?

10. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Why don't you ask Sarabella why she rarely posts on YA any more?

11. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take it to the streets. Power to the people! Seriously though Yanks Abroad is run like a High School cafeteria either you sit with the cool kids(Yank Fanboys) everyday or you get picked on (European team supporters) and get your lunch money stolen.

12. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um, I thought I'd made that clear. Newcastle will continue to underachieve under the current financial situation, unless their fans dial back their expectations.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I'm not your goddamn research assistant. Why don't YOU ask her?

Besides, what did you think :p meant?

14. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    That doesn't make any sense. Unless of course you are saying Newcastle fans are at fault for the financial situation which they certainly aren't.

15. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Because I already know the answer whereas judging from your post you don't.

That you were talking through your ass.

16. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I'm saying Newcastle fans have expectations that make it difficult for management to plan their work and work their plan, as the cliche goes.

I'm sure somewhere near you, there's a college that has unrealistic expectations for its football or basketball teams. Just think about the concomitant distortions that ensue.

17. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Our management doesn't give 2 shits about the fans. It's pretty apparent when they charege the same amount for a midweek Euro game against Lillestrom as they do for Spurs on a Saturday afternoon. So your argument is weak that the fans are the clubs problem. It's a dumbass chairman who refuses to stand down and allow someone with a good vision for the club to take over. So no, us making comments in the YA thread isn't keeping us from the CL spot. Nice try though.

18. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    That's asking quite a lot from Pern. That's all he does is neg rep Americans, never actually reading their posts and never quite understanding what "troll" means. His own mods tell him that others are not trolling, and he still won't listen.

If it's any consolation, he is so goddamn dense... that he gets all of his pos-rep from bragging and/or flaunting about neg-rep'ing US and MLS fans, and for telling us that we're "trolling" b/c we post in the Mexico boards.

And he's got one nipple.

Pern never has anything intelligent to contribute to a conversation. Just cheap, tawdry smack.

And then he whines that Americans ruin threads.

No. He is nothing BUT a troll on his own boards.

Sadly, he's not alone over there. There's a good 4-5 other posters who do the exact same thing.

19. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

so you wanna carry over your feeble squabble from this thread were you met absolute rapage huh.. DK told u to stop it.. so ill let u carry on by yourself

20. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :eek: :eek:

And YOU!!!

So if DK told YOU to stop it... why are you coming here bringing up an old thread in which you got shown to be a liar and where you got shown to derail threads w/ warped interpretations of what constitutes a troll.

Here's the thing, and it's entirely relevant to this thread: that "trolling" is not just the domain of outsiders. Insiders have their own ways of trolling, and they're just as counterproductive to discourse as a "traditional" troll.

21. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    He doesnt understand that he is one of the biggest trolls here.

22. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    Because everyone is smart enough to realise that Dave wants to get banned from WR in order to justify his views?

Dave continues to be frustrtaed by their reluctance to give him what he wants despite his numerous attempts.

23. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    M just proved himself right here. I suppose there are no other 'treasure troves' of dumbness for you to show your high and mightiness in?

24. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS General might be worth a look.

25. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    Judging from what others have posted on the DPT, the US Men's forums might qualify. I suggest you check them out.