Danny Szetela thinks he's a thug...

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by kikkoman1231, Apr 16, 2006.

1. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Something about fans flipping out over a myspace account?

Sadly, I think you are outside Garber's jurisdiction.

2. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8

doubtful

i would imagine for a public persona there are items written into contracts for maintaining a decent image (in the league's eyes or whoever wrote the contract)

adding to that is the agreement between the players union and the league

you can say he's an 18 year old kid... but he's not just that

i do think the league and mlspu should take a look and develop a policy on this sort of thing

3. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    And how would it be legal to censor anything beyond bad mouthing the league, players, refs, coaches etc? Anything else legal couldn't possibly be prohibited. Think about all the things you see other leagues athletes doing and ask yourself how Danny is doing something wrong. This is a first amendment issue.

4. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol. I saw this thread and I checked out his and Vazquez pages. I added Szetela because I met him before at a soccer tournament I was playing at. And, I met Vazquez and talked to him at Crew stadium before. Took a picture with him. Vazquez gave me a comment to.

A day after I added Szetela he added my girlfriend. lol. so maybe your right.

5. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    I see this thread was worth checking back on. :)
    I don't see no harm in the internets for jocks...at least no more harm than semi-discriminately picking up broads in foreign ports.
    Hell, if there's a "Hottest USMNT Players pt.19786" thread here on BigSoccer, they should get their own "Horizontal Hollabacks" forum... It's only fair.
    Speaking of which, Danny Szetela is one unattractive dude. I suppose surrounding yourself with a webpage all about yourself seems like a good idea when you can't even pull one off the CrewHerd, and every morning you're faced with decisions such as 'Perm, ponytail or mullet...which one makes it look less like Cobi Jones and Chris Albright have an embarrassing secret?'

6. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So the thread title isn't based on prejudice then?

Saying my **********, a two-finger salute, wearing your hat sideways, and saying you haters if you are white makes you a thug and a wigger?

Sounds to me like you have some racial issues to come to terms with.

[​IMG]
    kikkoman1231

7. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah yeah..stop sucking me off its embarasing.

8. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

May 23, 2002
    Everywhere
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Theo walcotts got a myspace site, my best mate is friends with his bro at stoke and met theo and then hooked him up to myspace. from theos site i saw that carra has a site and stevie g, although it looks like both are maintained by stevies bird.
    also a few other liverpool players and some of the usual fan startup myspace sites are on there like becks and others.

oh, i dislike szetela but i think the only person who is a bigger tool and thinks he is cool sh*t is capano. absolute wank.
    or i guess i should say wanksta.

9. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8

uh, because they signed the contract

think dude, they are free people in this country

and they signed a contract and gave away some of their freedoms in order to receive a check

think, please

this is not a first amendment issue... if you think it is, have your head examined

no one is talking about the right for myspace to be about or people to be on it

what is being discussed is a private group having it's members not be allowed to join it (or limited in how they use it)... its members can work elsewhere, they aren't subject to simply the whims of this league...

10. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    If you're a white boy living in the Midwest, yes, Virginia, yes it does.

Well, it makes you a poseur and a wigger. Lack of mad skillz makes you a thug, yo.

11. Ron Keller

Ron Keller New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Shampoo-Banana
    Fire fans, there is a shortage of capital letters in London. The rationing has grown so severe that this young man is restricted to one use of the shift key per post. Please give generously.

12. Onionsack

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah i know...i am just ********ing with him.

13. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    Generally speaking, I think it's just better if white folks don't use n_____. Obviously, saying "Freddy's my n______" doesn't have any racist intent, but it doesn't show good racial judgment.

Because he's so young, though, I just chalk it up to that. Hopefully he's not talking like that when he's 30.

14. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    To be fair YOU associated 'thug' and 'rap music' to ethnicity. All kikkoman did was put a title up and a link to the page. You drew your own conclusions which means that perhaps YOU are the one that has some racial issues to come to terms with.

You also have serious trouble identifying sarcasm appearently.

Don't worry. I'm just **cking with ya.

15. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WMR. Your a weapon of mass retardation.

Btw, whigger is a societal definition. And not a racist phrase. Just as prep or redneck or whatever a young person decides is the right style for them to be isn't racist. It's just a way to classify these people who obviously decided on their own to be this way. You can't change your race but you can change your clothes. The phrase might deal with class or intelligence. But, has nothing to do with race.

Kikkoman is just stating the obvious. You know what I'm sayin?

16. kpaulson

kpaulson New Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Washington DC
    And you can't have societal definitions that are racist phrases?

That sounds remarkably like the supposed difference between women and bitches or black folks and n_______. Yeah, to a certain extent, it's not "racial" but that doesn't mean (a) it's not racial at all and (b) that even if it isn't, it's not offensive.

Whigger's not really acceptable except, apparently, in your peer group. Some people will definitely feel that a conjugation of white and n_____ is deeply offensive and racist.

17. snowblind

snowblind Member

Mar 31, 2002
    n side chicago
    Let me interject the comparatively shallow observation that it's funny to read, via these myspace pages, assorted junk like Chad is "sober...and hating it"?

Kids will be kids.

18. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gooch's favorite movie is the Little Mermaid.

19. ugaaccountant

ugaaccountant New Member

Oct 26, 2003
    Sorry didn't know we were on a hypothetical of them having an agreement.

For this to be legal it has to be a bargined for exchange as you were saying. It has to be in the contract. Highly doubtful for something as trivial as joining myspace. I can just imagine the MLS executives meeting and someone bringing up banning myspace. After the initial puzzled looks and this person explaining what it is they'd laugh and tell that person to go get them some coffee and they'd proceed to get back to real business.

Or if they brought this up during collective barganing I doubt the players association would give them this without some concession in return. I'm sure the league is going to pay their players more just to get rid of myspace.

20. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Every time I come back to bigsoccer, I end up regretting it.

21. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah you can, your right.
    I feel for some reason that if you decide to dress some way you cannot get really offended when people define you that way.

I myself fell into a white gangster phase when I was like in eigth grade. And, then I realized that was ridicoulous after about a couple of months. I guess it just takes some others like Szetela longer to realize. I bet when he is thirty he will shake his head at his former self. I can't remember eigth grade since I'm in my 20's now. So I will be alright.

Here's me being politically correct. I will refer to the style as "white gangsters" or "suburban gangsters" from now on instead of the W word I suggest you all do the same.

Peace out.

22. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, the only thing I can say is that he is neither a badass nor really Polish. He's a spoiled American kid who thinks if he dresses like a duck, talks like a duck, and walks like a duck, that he can fly south for the winter. If he wants to meet some REAL Polish badasses, I invite him to come stand with S8C next time Cbus comes to Chicago.

23. Frat Alien

Frat Alien New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Space
    REAL Polish badasses?

24. Kozy

Kozy tHE pOPULAR fRONT

Oct 13, 2004
    check.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oh, alright...let's see...I got a T, K, L, another T and an F, use them wisely friend.

25. The Blind Pig

The Blind Pig Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Section 8
    again

it would not have to be listed as just myspace

it could simply be something in there (their contracts) about public behavior... it is a professional league with public personas

so i would imagine that the league could crack down on this if they do see anything that they find is a problem