Daniel de Ridder

Discussion in 'Israel: National Teams' started by MHaifa1913, Apr 3, 2005.

1. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why isn't Avraham Grant trying to get Daniel de Ridder to play for Israel? Lately, he has been playing for the Dutch U-21 side and has played a bit this season for Ajax. He is a striker and definently would be nothing but beneficial to Israel at such a clutch situation during qualification.

2. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Based on new FIFA rules (~2002) I think that once to played for a country in a official game you cannot play for another.

3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FIFA Rules

I thought that it was if you played for a country in an official FIFA tournament, then you are tied to that country. Friendlies and youth internationals don't count though?

4. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The case I remembered was Murad Megamadov, he was ruled ineligible because he represented Russia's youth team in the early 1990s.

However, it looks like you were right regarding Daniel de Ridder:D.
    "A player can represent a second country at senior level, only if he was holding two citizenships while making his original appearance as an under-age player."

Here is the reference.

Maybe someone should call Grant...

5. Zealot

Zealot New Member

Apr 7, 2000
    This guy is in line to play for Holland some day. He won't play for Israel until he is certain that he has no shot to wear the orange.

6. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    ........truth hurts

7. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good News

According to "Sport News" on Sport5+ this evening, the Israel Football Association has sent a letter asking if de Ridder is still eligible for the Israel national team as he has not played an official match for any of the Dutch youth sides in a FIFA designated event. If all goes well, de Ridder and the IFA would like to include him to start training with the national team as soon as possible. de Ridder is currently in Eilat at the Hilton Queen of Sheba resort and spa for his vacation. Glad to see that he has come around!

8. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Re: Good News

I was always under the impression that he was born in Holland but it seems that he was born in Haifa. I'm happy to hear he's intrested and I hope that FIFA will allow this. Is anyone familiar witht he rules about this and can maybe tell me what his odds are of playing for Israel's NT

9. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004

See post #4 above.

10. excellent. good job kyhs, perhaps someone at the ifa learned a little english and read our boards!~

11. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Woah! A little bit more info than expected. Isnt that the new Hotel that is after the bridge..the gigantic hotel w/ plaza below?

In any case, for those who think De Ridder might have a chance in the dutch team, i think this is the same case as someone like Rosso having a chance in the Croatian team. And the chances are slim and in the end of De Ridder's career he will probably have no more than 17 caps. Whereas in Israel, who is not at Hollands level, i think he will be given 1st priority and he will probably not only get more enough starts, but will also be a crucial player for Israel for the next few years!

One must remember, that De Ridder has problems in Ajax currently and is not given the chance. How possibly can a player who is benched be able to start in the NT.

I saw an Interview in Sport 5+ when Ajax was there. The boy wants to play for Beitar! :)
    Get him some kurdi food, bring him a jersey and lets get the circus started :D

12. Re: Good News

if you consider 7 years old as new than yes...

de ridder actually played very well for jong ajax and ajax 2. he did also get some good playing time this season for someone who only turned 21 three months ago. this now is the problem. israel was supposed to petition for him to play for israel before his 21st birthday. because they didn't, fifa isn't likely to allow him to play for israel. this according to yediot aharonot today.

13. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

[​IMG]

I thought you were reffering to this hotel! Its after the bridge in the east side of Eilat!

Bait! :(
    but i dont think Koeman is giving him a chance. I think he is having a hard time. Pinear (sp?) is intrested in him.

14. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005

so de ridder isn 't likely to play??.......thats sucks we could really use him. Kappa forget about it.......De Ridder won't be coming to Beitar or any other Israeli club anytime soon.....he's too good, the only way i can see him coming is if the league heads in the direction i assume it will which is a very good one with lots of money and high level of playing or he will play wen he gets too old and decides to end his career in a place like Israel which he loves very much.

15. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba

That is the Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba which was rebuilt around 1998 after the first Hilton Eilat was burned down. Best part about that hotel is that if you take a suite, you get a private jacuzzi on the balcony. If you are part of the Hilton Honors program and reach the Gold VIP level, they treat you like royalty. Three years I have been Hilton Gold VIP. It really kicks butt at the Hilton Eilat though.

It was a shame that nobody at the IFA had read these boards when I originally posted this thread. They might have been able to petition for de Ridder before his 21st birthday.

16. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Hilton Eilat Queen of Sheba

Very nice!
    Is this where they reward workers to go in Eilat for the weekend and stuff? I just dont understand why people bother to cross into the sinai when theres a terror warning and not go there? What does Taba have that Hilton doesn't? Bedouins? Hashish?

but very nice. It has alot of French jewish customers. You can pick up a chick there.

its a complicated issue.
    He wasnt willing to play for Israel before he was 21. Ironically, Israel is riding on the wind in the WCQ and he has taken notes. With luck has it, he turned 21 and is eligible for senior NT.

The only problem is, is that its clear and simple, if he goes to play in the NT of Holland, he will be swiming with the sharks and is going to be a nobody in the 4th top team in the world, according to FIFA.

If he comes to Israel, he is gonna be the leader.

In other words. In 16 years from now De Ridder's career international will either be:

Holland - 17 Caps (MAX)
    Israel - 92 Caps (min) :)

17. Sagy

Sagy Member

Aug 6, 2004
    Daniel de Ridder citizenship

According to FIFA (see Megamadov's case) the rule is:
    "A player can represent a second country at senior level, only if he was holding two citizenships while making his original appearance as an under-age player."

It is not a question of when the IFA petitioned. I know that he was eligible for an Israeli citizenship since his Mother is an Israeli citizen.

The question is: Did Daniel de Ridder had an Israeli citizenship when he first played for a U-x Holland team?

If the answer is yes, FIFA will have a hard time rejecting the IFA petition. If the answer is no (he was only eligible for one), FIFA will reject the petition regardless of his age at the time of the petition application. :(.

18. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Re: Daniel de Ridder citizenship

so thats what it all comes down to?

19. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

why is the media making us shreek?
    Does he or does he not have an Israeli Darkon?

I got one :D, and his mother is israeli, so she probably has one too, no?

20. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005

see i assumed that since his mum has one then he must of had one since he was a little boy.

21. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

True. Having had friends whos both parents are Israelis. It would feel very 'stupid' IMO that the kid does not have an Israeli citizenship. Alot of my friends received the Canadian and the Israeli citizenship while be here. It was a benefit, because theres some places that you can and cant travel to, for example Indonesia and Malaysia forbid jews...oops sorry ;) Israeli's from traveling...same with most of the arab countries.

So a Canadian passport is to go to the rest of the world and Israeli is strickly for israeli use.

Except by accident i got my CDN passport stamped :( now i can never go (until i get a new CDN passport) the United Arab Emirates.

No alla hum dullela to that :(

22. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canadian Passport

How is that possible? One of my close friends works for the border control to Taba, Egypt and the minute someone who holds Israeli citizenship tries to enter or leave the country with a foreign passport they immediately know that the person is Israeli because on the form that tourists fill out they must put their name, birthdate, and fathers name. The system checks the foreignors birthdate with Israelis with the same fathers name and then the tourist is caught. They caught many that way. It is illegal to enter/leave Israel on any other passport if you hold an Israeli one. The same goes for the US and Canada as I understand. Americans and Canadians must use their respective passports to leave/enter their respective countries. It is illegal to use any other passport.

Though I must say, having a Canadian passport is probably one of the safest passports to carry aside from a Swiss passport.

23. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Re: Canadian Passport

People have dual citizenships. Im not sure about the whole fiasco with having giving personal information.

What i have is that by getting an Israeli passport, i can get into Israel without a problem. The only thing is, is that i never been into the new terminal yet and the old terminal is a f0cking hassle! I remember how people run like crazy to get into the front of the line. Its like these jews never seen a customs office before...

But the last time i was there the lineups were very long and in the front were old people asking old questions...so i went into the short line up and that is foreign passes and i got it stamped :(

I have been meaning to take my Country of Birth off my Canadian Passport, since it might pose a few problems, especially in places like Artzot Haarav. But then again, i'll make up a story and told them my country disbaned already :D

24. yarok-ole!

yarok-ole! New Member

Mar 20, 2005

yea i haven't been to the new terminal, last year i just cut the line because after that long ass flight i couldn't wait!!! i hope the new terminal is quicker and more organized

25. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

you know the Israelis. Always trashing what good they get...

I dont understand reality and fantasy re: terminals. IN the duty free people buy everything. I see Israelis buying treadmills, computers, plasama, 500 dollars worth of cosmetics and perfume..

yet..i see people not putting food in there stomach in askelon, beer sheva and beyond.

efo tzedek :(