Dan Borislow - magicJackass

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by REVS FAN 1, May 1, 2011.

1. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nope, he gets a new stadium and to keep his team. You have to agree this has been a world-wind season. He had the show going before the WC and printing presses rolling. Long live MagicDan, 1/2 the savior of the WPS with Silent Sahlen!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop playing around folks and pick the correct R of Y.

2. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Your recent posts are making even less sense than usual.

No stadium is enough to save him. No matter what the venue, Dan is a liability to the WPS, scaring away investors, scaring away sponsors, and scaring away players.

Do you really choose Dan over Christen Press? He's been sending her nasty emails, calling her vile names, leaving her ankles untaped and unprotected. I'm surprised that you would take sides against her. Poor Press! Abandoned by the person who was once her biggest fan.

3. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Ah, I see BJB has been reading "Dan Borislow's 10 Easy Steps to Manipulate and Belittle your Opponent" book. :D Wait till you get to the chapter entitled "I'm Ok, You're a pathetic loser who will never work in this town again." Or "I moved your cheese because you lost the damn game."

Seriously, though, newsouth, I understand supporting mJ the team because they are a pretty imPRESSive group of players, but can you really stand behind this dirtbag (ooh, something else DB can stand for) after the way he's treated his players?

4. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, I stand behind the team, so lets get that right. How do you support the team without acknowledging him? What do you want me to do? He's a d##n fool, but he pays the bills. Now, if Abby and Press leave, of course I'll support their new teams. I think he will be back next season, and I'm not sure he will lose the players people are talking about. I wouldnt be surprise if 80-85% of the team are back in S FL, esp the nationals.

What do the players say about him when they are together? We have a crazy a## owner, but i think they are professional enough to toss his stuff to the side. Yeah, they filed a grievance, because it probably had more to do with him becoming the coach at practice and game-time. I think that's where they got fed up and said no more, not the mails so much and beer talk.

5. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Haha, okay, just checking. Sometimes it's hard to figure out if you're standing behind your team or the creep. I disagree on your theory about when the players got fed up as I definitely think it was due to the emails/treatment, but everything else you said makes sense.

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    they have the option to comeback to magicjack next season or move on. if the girls comeback, then what will you say, esp if there are other franchises for them to go to, but still resign with magicjack? i guess the monster theory goes out the window about him. i say he is crazy and corrupted from the wealth.

7. StevieBeat

StevieBeat Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Well, as I said in another thread, I think he's playing the sugar daddy with the WNT'ers and a few others while being the magicJerk to the rest, so I would still stand by my "monster theory". Just because he's chummy with Abby and Hope doesn't mean he wasn't telling DaCosta, Klingenberg, Schnur, White, Moros, or Myers "you... will not be playing professional soccer ever again in your life. That chapter in your life is about to be closed."

Yes sir, you are correct.

8. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If this league fails look no further than the comment above...

9. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I root for two teams, I go to Sky Blue games when Philly is not playing or if they are out of town. I will go to Cheer loudly, but when they play Philly..... I only root for Philly but I do wish some of the SB players good luck and have a good game when they come in. I do the same for other teams who make the walk into the stadium.

10. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :confused:

i purchased championship tickets 2 in 2009 and 2010 and gave them away. i will do the same this year. i have to drive almost 900 miles to kennesaw to see games, have seen 5 games over the last 2 season. it costs me at $400 per game because my niece is usually with me and another person. how is that not support? if two players leave one team, then i'll be on a message board posting their photos and being their fan. so, it becomes Go Vancouver instead of Go MagicDan!. But if MagicDan is in the champion ship game, then I still will buy tickets and give them away. if i could afford it, i would purchase 6 tickets for a game weekly and give them away. So, how does the league fail if I root for my favorites? it's not like they will be on wpsmagicjack.com anymore?

think about what you say the next time. very few people will spend $50 for a game they aren't going to and tell the ticket office just give them away.

yeah, fans like me will kill the league,

Go MagicDan!

(PS for those who wonder i don't write "Go Press" anymore because it was too controversial)

11. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Abandoned by her supposed fans. Poor Press!

12. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    :confused: - Your comment

:p - Press

:D - Me

Go MagicDan! In about 13 hrs it's MagicJack time. Abby will school Tony.

Vote. is Dan sending a Learjet or a Cessena to pick up Hope?

PS Keep believing everything. Didnt I say I'm Bruce Willis Die Hard MagicJack? They are back next year, I am here running a muck.

13. pasoccerdad

pasoccerdad Member

Mar 17, 2008
    KOP
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    go back to "Go Press" the go magicdan is much more creepier LOL

14. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Borislow's first inclination is to lie about sending the email messages:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...on-grievance/2011/08/16/gIQAvziPJJ_story.html
    More excerpts from Borislow's motivational email messages to his team:
    I'm not sure what "family inept" is supposed to mean. How would it differ from being socially inept?

--
    From the only TRUE Press fan on the board.

15. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At the end of the day, buy your tickets, support your team and have fun. if you think a message board is the real world, then send me money to pay the mortgage, because this is serious business. i'm sure Rozo, Lima, Powell and Bruno are falling over about my Bonehead Coach List, and the Japan team is offended by my baby step comments. It's amazing no one talks about those but Romeo's Gurl (cool girl ;)).

I've always said there is some obsession and hidden anger on this board over MagicJack, esp when he skipped town with the freedom. And that is what fuels me to push the MJ agenda and see what comments I get back when I post stuff. It's like clock work, esp when i get the Printing Press (no pun) rolling . Just another team for me to support like the Brasilian National Teams and Santos FC.

Good Luck Jacks! As they say down South, Bring the Wood.

16. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "family inept"

I read it to mean that they were either unable to bear children or are gay.

17. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC

lol, though technically neither of those things prevents one from having a family.

But seriously, the point is DB is in an idiot.

18. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I always think about what I say...It's the basic difference between "fans" & "supporters" A league with only fans can never survive...

Players come and go....clubs last forever. (or so they should!)

When MJ comes to Boston and more people are there to support Wambach and Rapinoe than Cheney and LePeilbet our league becomes a joke..

(for the record I believe many of those people have been to Breakers games and supported the Breakers but switched "alliances" to support Abby, Megan and a goalkeeper that couldn't care less to show up and support her teammates and "fans"...but I digress! :rolleyes:)

When the stands are filled with mostly 10 yr old girls that are more concerned with dancing around in the stands with their friends and leaving at halftime to line up for autographs our league becomes a joke...

When fans stop supporting their club because a particular player (unless you're related to that player!) leaves that club our league and that "fan" becomes a joke...

If you are indeed financially supporting the league in the manner you've stated...that's great. And you're right you are in the minority of people that would do that...good on ya!

It doesn't change the fact that if our clubs don't get loyal support our league will fail...And I fear that we are on the brink right now...

19. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Borislow has a team next year, players will sign regardless. There are an incredibly limited amount of roster spots. Players want to play. They will play for crappy coaches or crappy owners if their other choice is quit the game completely. See: Tampa Buccaneers The 1st 20yrs.

I took it to mean similar to "raised in a barn" or "your momma didn't teach you no manners" I didn't read any anti-gay smack into it.

20. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other hand, rooting for laundry (i.e., solely because someone's wearing your team's uniform) makes perfect sense. ;)

21. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    REVS FAN 1, you are right on the money! When fans start becoming real fans of their Club rather then cults of personality then the league has a chance to survive.

When a player leaves my team to go play for someone else, even though I may have fond memories of that player with my team, he/she is now play for the someone else and in many cases now the enemy.

I have said this over and over, having families and little girls at the games is great. You need those demographics. But the loyal fans are the ones that are out there tailgaing an hour before the game, buying season tickets, cheering, booing, living and dying with their TEAM.

When Wambach comes into your town, she is now the enemy.

When Landon Donovan plays with the USMNT we cheer and root for him as hard as we can. BUT when Donovan comes into Toyota Park to play the Fire, he is booed and heckled big time. He doesn't get a break because he's our men's national team star.

22. Ben James Ben

Ben James Ben Member

Apr 28, 2009
    On a related note, let me just say that it was so very, very hard for me to root for Solo during the World Cup.

The trouble with "fans" vs. "supporters" is that the fans are important for the $$ they bring in. And, I suspect that the only way to gain supporters is to gain fans first and then convert them into supporters.

(Don't worry, I'll post more about Borislow's foolishness in the next few days. The trouble is that every time I'm about to post old material, Borislow preempts me by generating a slew of new material.)

23. lolGOL

lolGOL Member

Aug 16, 2010
    Club:
    Vitoria Salvador
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't entirely disagree, but I do think there's an opportunity to bring fans based on the supporters as well. Being in Seattle, I've seen tons of fans at Sounders games who started going knowing not a whole lot about soccer at all. They're there because it's a good party and a fun group of people to hang out with. If the WPS wants to get more than the screaming 10yr old demographic, supporters clubs are a pretty important way to get there, imo. Seeing a bunch of folks decked out and chanting all game may make a game more of an event that an adult, non-fan wants to be at, certainly compared to a bunch of families and screaming kids.

To make this slightly on topic, it was nice to hear drums (well, one) and some adults cheering at the mJ game tonight. If they can actually draw supporters down there I'd like the team to stick around, though the head Jackass has got to grow up or move on. Maybe there are other potential owners down there??

24. WiminzSoccerRocks

Jun 15, 2009
    MA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd have to ask that on an MJ forum. Here in Boston, we're looking for our own new owner.

25. WookieMonster

WookieMonster New Member

Jul 15, 2011
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Well I don't think anyone is gonna fault you there...;)