Dallas vs Burn [during/Post]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by theburden, Sep 20, 2003.

1. jdm2662

jdm2662 New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Hillside, IL
    Why is it when the Fire play bad, they REALLY play bad? It's seems all their loses, they look like the grammer school teams I ref can beat them. It's a distrubing trend for a first place team, or any time for that matter.

2. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What time does MLS wrap come on?

3. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    11:00 central time.

4. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Could somebody post if the rumored announcement is made? I don't get FSW.

5. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    looks like I picked a good game not to watch and my wife just said

"it looks like I picked a good game to not stop sniffing glue."

and Lilli just said "Dad can you get my Pachycephalosaurus....it is in the bathroom next to the pills and your hand gun."

6. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    [​IMG]

This is the one.

7. Jambon

Jambon Member

Mar 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Even though, I'm a Dallas fan, I agree with whoever said that the Brimstone Cup is meaningless if you can win it on a 1-1 record and a 3-4 goal differential.

Then again, it was just last year that some other "rule" of this once-so-promising competition was calling its credibility into question.

Let's just say there was quite a bit of sleeping at the wheel during the writing of the Brimstone Cup "rules."

And thanks for laying the egg. This victory was definitely a high point in this God forsaken season.

8. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Inappropriate

Let me just add that I turned away from the final 10 minutes of this game in order to watch Jason Biggs dance in his boxers on the television edited version of "American Pie" ... and when the underwear dancing ended and I realized that the game still had a few minutes left, I instead watched a multi-minute preview for this week's "Nip/Tuck" on FX. Those wiley-yet-attractive doctors on Nip/Tuck really get me upset, but their unwarranted antics seemed like a relief after 90 minutes of Los Rojos Perezosos.

9. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Just curious Chicago historians -- has this ever been the case? Granted, some of their forwards have troubled your backline -- but never with speed...

Just feels weird.

10. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    I am pretty effing glad I missed this game and decided not to tape it. I had a bad feeling about a let down and it happened. Better today than Tuesday though.

11. Fireman

Fireman Member

Mar 2, 2000
    Upper Deck
    All I can say is WTF? When did we forget how to play and Sallad suddenly remebers? WTF? WTF? WTF?

12. For all those inquiring minds too depressed, frazzled, hungover, lazy, etc. to click on chicago-fire.com here is the latest MOTM vote tally:

Logan Pause 17%
    Henry Ring 10.6%
    DaMarcus Beasley 8.5%
    Ante Razov 8.5%
    Other Players 55.3%

Once again, FIRE fans get it.

13. Was there any mention why CJ & Marsch were absent? Getting ready for Tuesday? Methinks Dave may have sent the wrong message to the rest of the side by leaving CJ & Marsch home against Dallas after bringing them to LA. Gray and Pause were two of the best players in Dallas too.

14. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cj is hurt, tendonitis. I still want to know why Bolanos didn't apper to even make the trip.

15. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    I believe the reason Marsch was left home was pretty good. There was some Fire event within the last week that he had to leave because his wife went into labor. It was a false alarm, but I think that has something to do with it.

16. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    To the vast majority of Fire fans: please ignore this troll, and good luck w/ the rest of the season.

To the Fire trolls out there who make all Fire fans look like idiots: f'ing Dallas?!! Hahahahaha.

Please.

17. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    Me too! I'm really looking forward to seeing what this guy can do. So what's the hold up?

18. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    wait, you mean the 'troll' explaining why marsch wasnt there?

or are you the one making galaxy fans look stupid?

19. strider026

strider026 New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    Huh
    What is Mapp's status? Is he OK? Will he be out long?

20. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I hope the players realize how annoyed a lot of us (I think) are. They better come out and wipe LA off the field to make up for this debacle. To be a little fair, Dallas had a lot more practical motivation. But we should have realized that and at least shown up...then throw in that it was Dallas and the Brimstone Cup, and that we are fighting for the Shield, and it's absolute crap.

21. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    We have a new player in the mix:

None 7.2%
    Logan Pause 6.9%
    Evan Whitfield 5.4%
    Ante Razov 5.4%
    Other Players 75%

22. Arsonists

Arsonists New Member

Jan 25, 2000
    Banks of Plum Creek
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
    Lilli would like to know if there are any other 7 year olds who want to tail gate at the SF opener.

23. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    I'm going to handle my game complaints tomorrow with more time. I need another day to recover from that atrocity and think with a clear head.

I will say this, and leave it.

Anyone here, Chicago or Dallas fan, who thinks we DESERVED the Brimstone after a performance like that is smoking crack. Meaningless, my eye.

We played like flaming recycled donkey excrement. If not worse.

24. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Words escape me.

25. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    And "No Player Selected" wins MOTM!

I never saw this before.... is this a new function that was added to the site after the Henry Ring Fiasco/ RingGate 2003? If so, it was added for a most appropriate game. I don't think we should have to praise Pause for being able to show up and play like a professional when no one else could ... then again maybe he deserves some award for at least showing up with the intention to play. Maybe we could have an "Attendance Award" or something. The award could read: "Congratulations! You just did what you're paid to do!"