Dallas vs Burn [during/Post]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by theburden, Sep 20, 2003.

1. Damn, they've doubled us on fouls now, 22-11.

Perez on for Curtin in the 69th min.

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Perez in for Jimmy?

3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Especially since we now have ORLANDO PEREZ on the field. Curtin off.

Right, well I'm off to the pub (not my fault, but I haven't seen these guys in a while). Try to get them to score 3 goals in the next 20 mins for me.

4. Armas, under no pressure, dribbles the ball out.

Davis booked b4 that, now 71st min.

5. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Never doubt the power of the headband.

6. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Capano in for Armas? Are we sacrificing this game?

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We only really need 2 goals. we can score the third in overtime

8. Curtis draws a foul from Beasley on the left just outside the area. FK leads to a hard shot, right at Zach.

Capano in for Armas & Glinton in for Johnson, 74th minute. Looks like Dave has thrown in the towel on this one and is getting ready for Tuesday night.

Whitfield & Davis get tangled up, yellow to Evan.

9. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish we would have brought Bolanos. It couldn't have hurt at this point.

10. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I wish we had brought the Fire.

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where the hell is the Fire that played LA.

12. Capano does a nice job winning & holding posession in the center circle but is abandoned by his teammates and eventually loses the ball.

Beasley's weak shot saved by Cassar and on the other end, Zach stops a breakaway by Glinton.

Deering in the book for a professional foul on Williams.

Gbandi in for Davis at 83 minutes.

13. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
  14. FIRE FK 23 yds out in center Gray HAMMERS the ball off the bar & it flies all the way out to the midfield stripe. 87th min now.

15. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, how does it work with the Brimstone cup? Do we still get it?

16. Beasley & Ralph bundle the ball through the right of the area, Beasley shot is saved and Ralph puts the rebound into the outside netting. 90th min. now. 3 minutes stoppage time.

17. No, they keep it.

Second minute of stoppage time, Razov in the book.

18. Burn stroking the ball around the back, played to Cassar who clears into the FIRE third. Heading toward the fourth full minute of stoppage time and . . it's over.

19. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, normally i'd argue about goal difference, but the team that played today doesn't deserve it.

20. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I could swear that last year when we were only going to play them twice I brought up the concept of ties and was told that goal differential was the tiebreaker. Of course, with The Crash that thread is surely long gone...

21. The team that played the first half didn't, fer sure.

The Brimstone website states total points and mentions nothing about goal difference. The tie on points means they hold the cup. Wait till next year, but at least (unlike Dallas) we have three more cups to play for. You can tell which cup Dave considers least important.

22. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No they friggin' do not.

It's a crap way to win it... with a loss, but the Brimstone is ours unless we meet them in the playoffs. If they somehow keep it for winning 2-0 when we whomped them 4-1, then this cup is meaningless.

Oh wait.

Anyway, the Fire obviously felt this game was going to be a throwaway in preparation for Tuesday.

It's obvious, not because they subbed in Capano, but because they even brought him to an away game with a limited roster... and we had everyone healthy.

I hope that it was worth it.

23. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said it in the pre match thread that I didn't like it that Dallas fired jefferies right before the fire game, as a team always plays tougher in the first game under a new coach. I also said Bolanos should have started. I guess I was right on both counts.

24. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    A Few Thoughts From the 57th Minute

1) Wow, the team may be playing with more enthusiasm in the second half, but when Jimmy had to save a shot on goal after Zach dove and missed... it just looks like a lot of miscommunication and it seems like these guys have never played together before.

2) Capano coming in was actually a good thing. Looks like he came ready to play. Hard to believe that a guy who specializes in riding the pine was more ready to get in the game than (most of) our first 11.

3) Couldn't we have put Jaqua in for Curtin? He's tall.... and while he's not a defender per se, I would be he could play better than El Flaco.

4) Dallas fans make me sad in the pants.

5) And a final question for debate: Are those shoes really helping Carlos? A number of famous and not-so-famous athletes have succeeded by not wearing shoes.

25. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    Looked as if Dallas WAS playing the Burn. That definitely didn't look like the team that I love. :confused:

Too many bad passes, a lot of bad touches and the seemed to be playing with absolutely no heart whatsoever. :( What was the deal?

This sucks!