Dallas vs Burn [during/Post]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by theburden, Sep 20, 2003.

1. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Halftime, 2-0 to the Scum.

Johnson from 6 yards--see edit above...

That was a terrible half. The pitch is awful, with the lines and everything. We are playing like crap--our often-good passing has been bad, and they have just been attacking with speed and enthusiam and we can't handle it.

2. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    WBIG has been nothing but advertisements since about the 25th min.

3. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not even remotely surprised by this.

It's obvious to me they were taking NOTHING seriously leading up to this game. They spent the first five minutes diddling around with the ball and showing how much better they were... now they're 2 down.

San Jose will probably win their match, and we'll lose ours. SJ will take the shield again, because the Fire apparently doesn't realize this actually IS an important match. Thanks for the effort for the fans, Fire.

From now on, if you're going to lie down and blow off a game, warn me first so I don't bother watching.

That said, I still hope for a good 2nd half... but we look LAZY beyond belief.

4. DMB was the closest player to Johnson and he was only close enough to be in the poster. ¿Dónde estaba Boca? ¿Dónde estaba Boca por la primero tiempo?

5. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    We definitely look lazy.

Johnson was offside on the pass to Curtis. He never moved after that, but the play ultimately went deeper than him, rather than he going back to check onside. Is this normally allowed? Anyway, that's partially how the defense lost him. He was left offside but ultimately ended up onside without ever moving. Still a horrible play on our part.

6. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    See, this is why playoffs suck when the top 8 teams make them. I really think they should make the Shield as big an award as the Cup, because if you finish first you deserve something. And you wouldn't get games like this...

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can anyone tell me where Bolanos is? Did he travel with the team?

8. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I just realized that I titled this thread "Dallas vs Burn"

9. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    It doesn't look like he did. He isn't listed as a possible sub.

10. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Raises an interesting question: if you allow this to happen, then why couldn't a team leave their forward in the box all game, but just never pass to him until the play comes to him. The answer is, because that would be stupid. But why would our defenders leave him so far behind when pushing up, especially since the ball wasn't clear? That's pretty awful...

11. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who knew how appropriate it would be

12. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Goal of the Year!

YOU HAVE TO SEE WOLYNEIC'S GOAL!!!!! WOW!!!

(I'm allowed to mention other results, yeah?)

13. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On a lighter note, Telemundo sure can broadcast a soccer game. This feed is better than ESPN's. The commentary too.

14. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Telemundo? I couldn't find it on my TV. I just read through these posts though.... agree with theburden, WTF is going on here??? Are we trying to take it easy and just give up a game or did our guys just assume that because Dallas has a bad record they are totally incapable of playing soccer at any level? WTF?????

15. The question is, did Johnson or the Burn gain an unfair advantage as a result of his position? Sometimes you see that flagged, and sometimes you don't and this time it wasn't. Too bad for us.

16. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Looks like Sarachan had a good yell in the locker room, because we're actually trying now.

Other results:
    Metros 1-0 Crew (OT)
    KC 1-3 San Jose (83rd min)

Almost and owngoal for us! We're definitely playing a bit better.

17. Andy Williams carrying the play well now. He almost caused the own goal and drew a FK that Razov served over everyone. Dallas backline is vulnerable. Two goals may not win this one. 58th minute now & the match is opening up.

18. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    57th min!

Goal-line clearance by Jimmy Curtin. They have some fast forwards and we can't handle it...

Down the other end, save from Cassar on Razov!

19. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Telemundo is channel 44 on normal TV. Not so sure about your cable provider.

20. FIRE back three look confused on a couple of occasions, but the FIRE escape. On the other end, the Dallas defense misplays the ball into Razov's path, but Ante shoots over with the right foot.

Rhine in for Nhelko. 62nd minute now.

21. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    No, but I bet three would! :D

22. Ralph serves Whitfield in the area who goes down in a tangle with Deering, play on.

23. Should I hope, or despair?

24. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    We're kind of running out of time to score 3 goals aren't we?

25. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    When it's the Fire, always hope. And it's never too late to score three goals as far as I'm concerned.