Dallas trade-offs

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by TA-H3at, Oct 26, 2003.

1. TA-H3at

TA-H3at New Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Sa-Town
    How well do you guys think the players that got traded from Dallas have performed. Have they performed better or worse since leaving the team.
    DC United-Cerritos
    Galaxy-Suarez,Broome,Chivas(Martinez)

2. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cerritos performed better with DC than he did with Dallas...still didn't didn't have the form he had when he was with San Jose scoring wise...

the three players for LA didn't really get that many minutes so you can't really tell...I don't think Sigi likes what he got in any of the three players though, heard OF him saying that Suarez and Chivas weren't what he thought they were, then Broome just can't break into that lineup...

3. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If they're not getting that much playing time, then you can tell. If Sigi was impressed by any of them, they'd be playing.

4. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    read the rest of my post after that...

thanks

5. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even the Cerritos deal has to be looked at as a swap of forwards and of salray cap space. Cerritos was making a lot more than Curtis. So even if he played better at DC was worth the player and the extra salary?

Another question to ask is if Dallas upgraded with what they got? This is also mixed, Hendrickson has been fair, Glinton didn't play much because of a hammy problem but only added speed and not much else so far. Curtis looked good in the games he teamed with Nklecko and Johnson but sort of lost when big Toni was hurt. Probably a wash but the speedier players do better on the awful Dragon plastic and grass is probably better for the players who left.

6. Alex Sanz

Alex Sanz New Member

Apr 6, 2000
    TX
    But lets not forget that in both deals, Dallas got first round picks. I would say that certainly sways things in Dallas' favor.

Curtis (low cap) and a first rounder for Cerritos (high cap). Advantage Dallas.

Hendrickson (starter), Glinton and a first rounder for Martinez, Suarez and Broome (none of which have played much in LA). Advantage Dallas.

7. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    Does Dallas really need 3 first round draft picks? Over the last few years, they've came away with some big hauls from the draft and have gotten worse. I think that they should look at trading 1 or 2 of them for a productive vet or two.

8. Viking64

Viking64 Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Tarheel State
    As long as they don't come from the goon, ok, no problem.

But it more depends on who goes INTO the draft. There are some U-17 and U-20 players that are not seniors, but could come out of college. If the draft is weak (as is rumored), they probably will trade one or two picks for veterans. I've read elsewhere that some teams may have cap trouble, and have to unload some players. That would be ideal in a few cases.