Dallas Sidekicks: League, team killers?

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by BlueLightning, Sep 8, 2002.

1. BlueLightning

BlueLightning New Member

Sep 7, 1999
    pesto of all cities
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas Sidekicks leave CISL, league folds.
    Dallas Sidekicks leave WISL, league folds. (Oh, I suppose you could say that the MISL and WISL merged and the WISL became part of MISL, but really only two WISL teams survived the jump...and a third is on life support. Really great merger.)

Teams like the WISL's Utah Freezz and the CISL's Seattle SeaDogs were doing just fine and dandy until the Sidekicks put them out business.

So I ask you, MISL, are you sure you want the Sidekicks in your young league?

2. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Member

Mar 5, 2001
    One word.

Yes.

I'd rather have a city like Dallas with their indoor soccer tradition than say, Boise,ID who have never fielded a team.

Now if Boise, were to come in to the MISL, fine, but if I were starting a league and looking for a stable franchise, I'd pick Dallas any day.

3. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    dallas indoor is awesome and fun to watch, i catch a game there anytime i can, love it

but yes it would be nice to have utah, vegas, seattle, phoenix and boise in a league

4. CISL

CISL New Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Unfortunartely the starter of this thread is very perceptive. No league will survive with the Sidekicks until they make some changes at the top and put their personal egos aside. When & if they become team players, they can help make any league a success. Does not matter how strong they are if they take the rest of the league down while they flourish! Until then they will continue to destroy the game.

5. BlueLightning

BlueLightning New Member

Sep 7, 1999
    pesto of all cities
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: One word.

A team that has killed off TWO leagues in the last five years is hardly what I'd call stable.

I certainly wouldn't want to date a woman who ruined the lives of two men in the last five years. Sure, she may appear "stable", but only cause she ruined other people's lives to keep her own ship from sinking.

6. jabraria@hotmail.com

Feb 24, 2000
    USA
    all might be true, but i wish we could get a stable indoor soccer league of some kind, and a futsal league for that matter

7. OsFan

OsFan New Member

Mar 2, 2006
    Re: One word.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Are you softcore?