Dallas gooners interested in England/Turkey

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TxTechGooner, Oct 7, 2003.

1. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    so i just realized that the greatness that is Direct tv decided it won't show the game, it must be viewed in a pub... any of you lot attending the Londoner or Dubliner? i am assuming we are going to get screwed with some cover as well...

Phishy~

2. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If someone can find a spot, I'll join you.

3. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    i just sent you a PM on this, A-Tex3. I figured since we didn't have the Arse this weekend we could possibly do a little hockey viewing fiesta.

Important note: Tomorrow, Opening Day. I'm thinking (possibly)about Wizards on 75/Central just past Spring Valley or Ben's Half Yard House on Greenville between Walnut Hill and Park. Wednesday's Special at Ben's is Import Pints/Domestic Price all night. Pints of Guinness for $3 make me all warm and fuzzy inside...*L*

4. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Any of those places good for hockey games?

5. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    They're both damn good for hockey. Like I said, Wednesday is cheap import beer at Ben's, but the cocktail waitresses at Wizards throw down the "Catholic Schoolgirl" look. Short plaid skirt, white blouse, and knee-high white socks. And 90% of them are SMOKIN'!!!

6. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Is Wizards showing the England/Turkey game as well? Wouldn't mind going there as long as the prices are reasonable as far as food.

Oh yeah, how did we get onto the hockey subject again? :D

7. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So is this the Arsenal/NHL board now? :D

Anyway I was thinking of going to Londoner, seen England play there before, lots of England fans there.

8. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    i do recommend wizards.. shame they dont show footie... i spoze ill go to Londoner as well on saturday or maybe listen to it on the internet... that $20 cover is bollocks... but i just have to see the anarchy in istanbul!!

i guess i shouldnt complain, i get everything else PPV for free.... actually wizards is like a mile from where i currently work... they have em in schoolgirl outfits now?? i need to check that out~~

and dont compare the avs to the oilers just yet... those teams in the 80's didnt have to play against the massive defensemen of today's NHL... you can shut down the sakic line, but that hedjuk-forsberg-selanne is lethal......

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So assming we say we will be there and show up, what will most people plan on wearing so we can spot each other?

I'll probably bring my Arsenal flag with me.

10. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Are we talking about watching hockey or football? I am confused :p

I am not sure if I am going, odds are just an Arsenal t-shrit. Campbell kit is long sleeve and its too warm to wear that.

11. DallasGooner

DallasGooner Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Dallas, Texas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will not be going to a pub to watch the game, too much going on for me. For those that are going you can drink a pint for me.

12. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If anyone is going, send me a pm.