Dallas Cup Super Group teams finalized

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by boomersooner027, Jan 28, 2009.

1. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    -AC Milan
    -Manchester City
    -Sao Paulo
    -River Plate
    -Eintracht Frankfurt
    -Tigres
    -CF Monterrey
    -Vancouver Whitecaps
    -Toronto FC
    -Urawa Red Diamonds
    -Andromeda
    -Dallas Texans

Wow should be better than ever. There's going to be some incredible matchups.

http://dallascup.com/home/302731.html

2. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington
    So Toronto FC and Texans has its juniors in there and FCD doesnt?

man, is that a slap in the face or what?

3. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    Texans got in because they won the Classic League last year. I believe the only American youth teams that are invited to Dallas Cup are the Academy champions and Classic league champions which are Andromeda and Dallas Texans. I'd imagine FCDJ will be in a competition just not the super group...and they'll probably destroy everyone.

4. fcdallas2314

fcdallas2314 Member

Oct 18, 2008
    Garland, Texas, USA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    The USYSA National Champion is invited too, and that would be Andromeda. Andromeda isn't the Academy champion seeing how this is their first year in the Academy League.

5. boneall

boneall Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Allen
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Super Group and Dallas Cup are really two different things. U18/19 classic league champions have been given the option but have not always participated in the Super Group. In the past (not sure about now) the Super Group did not strictly limit the age of the foreign team's players to U18/19 in order to get their very best "youth" squads to come participate.

However all classic league champions are accepted as participants in the Dallas Cup. Without winning classic league you have to win one of a number of "qualifying" tournaments to be accepted (or at least this was the case in the past). Also the Longhorns get an automatic invitation for hosting the tourney/players. I imagine if the two FCD Jr. teams submitted, they'd be accepted, but probably not for the super group, just yet.

Some notes from the web site...
    http://dallascup.com/TournamentApplication/index_E.html

"Reasons for an early invitation would be that a team is a current National or Regional Champion or a youth team that is affiliated with an international club or organization known to the Dallas Cup, etc. The selection committee expends considerable effort to verify all application information and select the most competitive teams possible. Teams are advised to apply as early as possible to ensure adequate consideration."

"
    The Dallas Cup reserves the right to close any of the age groups at any time prior to the dates mentioned should the Selection Committee deem it appropriate."

"
    *The selection committee has the sole authority to decide whether an Under 19 team is selected for the Super Group."

6. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
  7. medivoctor5

medivoctor5 Red Card

Aug 24, 2005
    Reason FC dallas youth did not get invited because they lost to Andromeda 2-0.
    Dallas Texans 91 is actually pretty good they played Adromeda 91 in a friendly and beat them 3-0.
    Also Dallas Texans 92 (who are playing up in academy league) beat Andromeda 91 academy 3-1 this past fall. So clearly the best teams are Dallas Texans 91 (who have beat their own academy u18 team 6-0 at UTD and Andromeda 91 academy) and Andromeda 91 because national champion always gets one invitation. Whats the big deal with FC Dallas premier I'm not sure they are as good as most people think.

DALLAS TEXANS is clearly the best academy out there they have two super strong 91 and 92 teams.

FC Dallas premier will be in the u19 division.

8. JaySlick

JaySlick New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Arlington
    so i noticed you left out some details while selling texans and andromeda high and selling FCD youth low.

http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/10876653/11005330-10876681/TEAM.html

1)the game you talk about 2-0 was the first game of the season (which for some reason you conclude is the reason they arent in the supergroup) yet, after that game, FCD U18's has played Solar, Texans, and Andromeda 4 times and not lost once...

2)over the season no club in its division has scored more goals than FCD, its not even close...

3)solar has the worst record of all the dallas clubs discussed and they are in.

for shits and giggles ill throw up the U16's record, b/c they make the other elite clubs look like pub teams...

http://ussda.demosphere.com/teams/10876653/10997088-10876678/TEAM.html

9. medivoctor5

medivoctor5 Red Card

Aug 24, 2005
    Solar is not in the super group. My brother plays for Dallas Texans 91 his friends play for Fc dallas youth (london, josh and the whole crew) thats how i know i just dont look at web-sites .
    while its true fc dallas is- good Solar academy is a pure 92 team and so is Texans they have a pure 92 team playing up in the developmental league. FC dallas is a very good team but just not as good as Andromeda and Texans 91. They even had some players quit now they are getting players from Richland College....

What FC dallas is doing is good dont get me wrong but Texans and Andromeda are very established. Anyway Texans and Andromeda wont make it past the first round in the dallas cup so dont worry@

10. medivoctor5

medivoctor5 Red Card

Aug 24, 2005
    ps fc dallas 92 beat the crap out of everyone because Solar and Texans both have their 93 teams playing up!

Solar 92 plays up in the developmental league
    Solar 91 plays in classic league (didnt make dallas cup)

Texans 92 plays up in the developmental league
    Texans 91 number one team in classic league (has beat their own academy team 6-0)

11. boomersooner027

May 13, 2004
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahamas
    I don't think many people would doubt that Texans and Andromeda are still ahead of FCD Juniors, but when you think that FCDJ is halfway through their first season, they're light years ahead of where I thought they would be. In a couple of years, it's going to be very interesting to see who the big dog is.

12. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    I have to agree. I didn't expect this. props to Oscar and Chris

13. JPB4

JPB4 Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    that is a great group but I wish there was another euro team or two, liverpool (like last year), or maybe a spanish team.

Maybe they are coming or are in but just not in the super group? I don't really know how it all works and is slotted, just know the super group games are usually very good.

14. pwip

pwip Member

Jul 10, 2004
    Dallas
    courtesy of bakaman

SPB

As I said in that post, Bruno Formigoni (CMF) , Oscar (AMF) and Henrique (CF) are their best players ( Wellington and Julio Cezar are also quite good, not on the same level as those three tho), but now I'm not sure if they will stay on the youth team this season , or if they are already on the professional squad, so I can't confirm that they will participate on this Dallascup.

They've won a internacional U-19 tournament in Spain, defeating teams like Barcelona and Atlético Madrid, so they are quite strong.

I saw them playing on this season's Copa São Paulo de juniores.... Here are some videos:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONVwY...6F2BE&index=29[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3wvZ...6F2BE&index=51[/ame]

15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2020 Gordon Jago Super Group

Atlético Paranaense (Brazil)
    Vasco da Gama (Brazil)
    Montreal Impact FC (Canada)
    Toronto FC (Canada)
    Atlético Nacional (Colombia)
    Derby County FC (England)
    West Ham United FC (England)
    Eintracht Frankfurt (Germany)
    CF Monterrey (Mexico)
    Club León (Mexico)
    Tigres (Mexico)
    FC Dallas (United States)

Dallas Cup XLI will be played April 5-12. Keep up to date with more news at www.dallascup.com and follow the tournament on Twitter @dallascup.

https://www.soccerwire.com/news/thr...khEuT24jKc6uk8kyGGlkzW9zYQYivvcFwOjSLLyvmr2w4

16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.soccertoday.com/as-dall...zELNDJMxaSBJ2WiL-bdiGBz8hB3DqwtBFjaoFKaGuHLCs

Following The Pandemic Year, Dallas Cup Returns in 2021 Featuring Only Domestic Clubs
    The return of the annual Dallas Cup begins this weekend, with the boys teams starting the competition on Sunday. Dallas Cup Commissioner Andy Swift speaks with Diane Scavuzzo on the event returning while the Coronavirus pandemic still exists.