Czechs abroad [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Jan 22, 2007.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kral to West Ham seems eminent at this point. There are rumors from Russian and English sources is that personal terms have been agreed and its just a transfer fee negotiation remaining.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A few recent rumours circulating:

• Burnley are pursuing Pavlenka as a potential replacement for Nick Pope.

• Another Bundesliga team is now interested in Sadilek, the club being Freiburg, which is far more ideal than Wolfsburg at this stage of his career.

• Sassuolo appear to be very interested in signing Simic from Hajduk Split.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Saw Ondrasek to FCSB in Romania as well, can't see him making much impact there, it's a better team than Plzen currently.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    At this stage of his career and with that unique personality, Ondrasek will probably have the role of team mascot. Surprisingly good move for him though.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    FC Twente made Vaclav Cerny's move permanent, which hopefully means they believe he will fully recover from his injury.

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Vaclik and Barak appear to be generating interest from clubs in just about every country.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I realize that West Ham are obligated to show interest in any player with even a passing connection to Slavia, but Barak seems like one of the least Premier League type players of anyone on our squad.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A lot of news about Vaclik seems to be pointing towards a move to Napoli, likely to be a veteran backup. I honestly am a bit surprised he isn't just looking for a smaller La Liga club since he seems to like life in Spain, but it could be a salary issue.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’ve now seen Vaclik rumoured to be a target of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Napoli, Besiktas, Olympiacos, and West Ham. I’m sure there’s plenty of more clubs in the mix.

I also don’t think Barak is really suited for the Premier League and would prefer he remain in Italy, but try a better club instead.

I also saw a rumour that Spartak Moscow are interested in Kuchta.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Lot of rumors of Vaclik to Olmpiacos. Might would have slightly preferred Besiktas (I think Turkish league is much deeper) if he was going to he east side of the Mediterranean, but either way he should get a good payday and Champions League even if the weekly competition will be no different than Czech league.

He's 32 and being 2nd choice at Sevilla didn't erode his performances for us.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

There were early reports that his knee was an issue in the first medical test, but looks like he's in the clear.

Some online discussion indicates that Olympiacos offered him nearly double what mid-table La Liga teams were offering and a guaranteed starting spot (which Napoli did not).

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia rejected a loan/buy offer for Kuchta from an unspecified mid-table Championship club. They are expecting improved offers, but with Krmencik supposedly on his way to Eden they probably will be inclined to sell.

Would rather Spartak than the Championship, but in either case I feel like Kuchta is a good goal scorer that works hare although is otherwise fairly mediocre, so not sure how much upside there is.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Stoke is apparently the club, but their offer was well short of what Slavia would want apparently.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Olympiacos is somewhat underwhelming after hearing all of the possible suitors for Vaclik, but can’t really fault him at this stage in his career. A guaranteed starting spot, European football, and a nice living arrangement I’m sure.

I know some fans weren’t exactly thrilled with the move, especially after his Euro performances and the other teams in play, but I’d be more concerned about where our other goalies are playing next season and beyond.

There’s plenty of reason to be upset if Pavlenka doesn’t leave Werder Bremen or Kolar remains at Slavia (unlikely now with Mandous arriving). Both should be playing at a higher level and are years younger than Vaclik, so no excuse for them to not take a challenging next step.

15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’m not sure what to really make of Kuchta’s upside either. He reminds me of Lafata with his goal poacher style, but that was a player who was never cutout for international football and simply thrived off of Czech league defending in my opinion.

Kuchta is still just 24 though, so might be able to develop more if he remains with Slavia for another season. I think any potential improvements would be most noticeable in Europe where he did struggle in comparison to domestic play.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A few U-21 players that kind of slipped my mind recently who are returning to their parent clubs (for now) this summer are Tomas Ostrak (Koln) and David Heidenriech (Atalanta).

Ostrak definitely has the better chance of remaining at what is a low-budget club that will likely be fighting to stay in the Bundesliga again.

On the other hand, I see another loan for Heidenreich (likely to Serie B) after what was an injury-riddled and ultimately unsuccessful loan at Teplice.

I kind of feel at this point he’ll never break through at a club like Atalanta, much like Kalas at Chelsea or Simic at AC Milan.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Kolar is more likely to move at winter, but definitely he has to move on at some point. I still suspect he wants to go to France where most clubs probably aren't going to offer the amount Slavia want.

Heidenreich started strong at Teplice, but the injury wrecked his promising season similar to Cerny. I doubt a player with a future at Atalanta would have gone to Teplice in the first place, but still think he has mid-table top league potential.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    And just like that:

19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That’s one of the more bizarre things I’ve ever seen if it actually happens. This owner seems like a massive douche anyways, so probably best to just avoid him at all costs.

That must be humiliating to read as a player and I hope he didn’t already relocate his family. Not that I expected much playing contribution from him either, but certainly doesn’t deserve this kind of treatment.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Honestly he should probably pursue legal action. The owner seems like a stereotypical corrupt Eastern oligarch so anything to further publicize how poorly he treats his team.

At this point I hope he goes back to Poland, that seems to be where he and family were both happy.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #671 ASU55RR, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Michal Sacek is being linked with Serie A side Spezia.

Sacek is 24 and never really broken through as a key player at Sparta (although I thought he was a standout against Rapid), so probably not a bad move in that regard. That said Spezia seem like a cluster******** of a club, they are most noteworthy for a rather widespread Covid-19 outbreak and an upcoming 2 year transfer ban for trying to recruit under-age players from Nigeria.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The Ondrasek and FCSB saga comes to an end, completely disgraceful by the club, but at least Cobra got paid. A quick google search will confirm that FCSB is indeed owned by a world class piece of shit with a history of being violent, corrupt, xenophobic and homophobic.

There is someone in the comments mentioning a potential return to Tromso, where he played in his first stop abroad.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Michal Sadilek moved to FC Twente for the year on loan.

There was a lot of rumors that he was bound for Sparta, but I am glad he stayed in the Netherlands. Good move, especially if Cerny comes back and we have to players on the same team.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jankto is in Spain today to sign with Getafe. It's more or less a lateral move club wise, but easier for me to watch / follow Spanish league so in the regards a plus.

Not sure if Sampdoria are having financial problems, but the reported transfer value is 6 Million, which seems like a small robbery.

25. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That’s a fine move for Jankto and great to have a Czech player in Spain, but that price tag is incredibly underwhelming. I’m assuming Sampdoria are in a desperate financial situation then?

I also can watch him more often now as TSN (the Canadian version of ESPN) has broadcasting rights to La Liga this season.