Czechia at UEFA Euro 2016

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by adam CZ, May 4, 2016.

1. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I just don't understand Croatia. I didn't like Bilek, but I'd never intentionally try to get our match suspended so we can lose.

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    After matches there is always a vote for top 3 performers... I'm having a hard time picking 3 goof players, would probably just say Skoda 3 times at this point (although Necid's penalty was very confidently taken).

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    3 Worst on the other hand is tough because there are so many: Plasil, Limbersky, and worst of all Lafata.

Bonus pick: Vrba

4. taylor

taylor Member+

Jun 9, 2000
    Fav team: FC CARL ZEISS JENA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dont mean to butt in but surely the croation fans deserve some recognition?

5. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Three best - Skoda, Necid, Darida

The average - Rosicky, Krejci, Sivok

Poor - Hubnik, Kaderabek, Skalak

Three worst - Plasil, Limbersky, Lafata

Out of his mind - Vrba

Pathetic and cowardly tactics in that first half, but we got something out of it. It's momentum for sure, although it's devastating to see Rosicky likely done for good. Also, I may be coming off as a prick here, but it's hard to have much sympathy for the Croatians potentially losing Modric as well.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    They are trying to claim the worst fans of the tournament from the russians, and I think their stunt got them that today. Nearly blowing a stewards hand off. Luckily the steward took a second to point where the firework came from before picking it up because as you can see, just being near the firework broke his hand and damaged his eye. The same type of "firework" went off at a basketball game and a steward lost 4 fingers because of it.

[​IMG]

7. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Still buzzing after the scenes earlier today, but for now, I think the talk needs to be about Vrba before any lineup/tactic suggestions for the final match. A dreadful display from him today. I honestly think Bilek would have done a better job of setting us up.

The few bizarre lineup decisions are one thing, but at 2-0 down, the rather late substitutions were an indication that he was accepting defeat considering Dockal and Necid were clearly the best two options off the bench. I think he meant to kill the game off by putting Skoda and Sural on, and then got extremely lucky by the events that later transpired.

Now, the Skoda change did work, but it initially felt like we were mailing it in at that point. I've already voiced my frustration with the lack of young/dynamic players included in this squad, and surely this is another example to back that argument.

I'm not reacting to one performance either. I've just found Vrba to be very stubborn and arrogant over the last year. If you think this is hard to watch, just imagine this team in three months when the next campaign starts, and the veteran core we've relied on for so long is gone.

Skevin repped this.
  8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Rosicky's tournament is done apparently. He got a back injury. Darida to his more accustomed attacking mid position for me.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    With Rosicky finished, it's likely between Darida or Dockal (if fit) to play in his position. Or Vrba may continue his poor managerial form and it'll be Kolar pulling the strings in the midfield. Whichever variant it is, I think Pavelka has to start as Plasil clearly cannot cope with the speed at this level.

I'd also be starting Selassie and Suchy in place of Limbersky and Hubnik. Those two plus Pavelka would add some much needed athleticism, which was an issue brought up by a few pundits. I think more changes will only benefit us. A good point was raised about us looking fatigued yesterday, so we should definitely look to address that.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We need to be more aggressive against Turkey and more athletic at the back to cover, so my lineup would be:

------------------Skoda----------------
    Krejci---Darida-------Dockal-----Skalak
    ----------------Pavelka-----------------
    Theo GS -- Sivok----Suchy--- Kaderabek
    -----------------Cech---------------

Plasil for Dockal if he is still knocked out, I think he can potentially do okay if he doesn't have to defend. The other option is to play 2 forwards, but can't see that. I picked Skoda because he was really strong as a sub, but truthfully I think at the international level he does best off the bench (granted a limited sample).

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I have the exact lineup as well. It sounds like Vrba will make 3 to 4 changes to the team, though it should be even more. To form this lineup is so simple, yet I fear Vrba will further complicate things.

I don't care who we'd play in the round of 16, I just want to play a fourth game. I can't possibly see us beating Turkey with a different lineup than this or a similar approach seen in the first two games. Hopefully Vrba will come to his senses.

12. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    --------------------Necid------------------
    ---Krejci---------Darida------Dockal---
    -------------Pavelka-----Plasil------------
    -Selassie--Suchy---Sivok--Kaderabek-
    -----------------------Cech------------------

Probably won't see that, but ideally that is what I want. I think Dockal isn't fit sadly. Sural came in instead of him last match which was surprising. Hubnik also seems like he needs a rest. He didn't have the best match against Croatia. Limbersky just needs to retire from the national team. Necid should start since he will be playing against a lot of the players he is used to going against.

13. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The Slovaks need a draw against England to go through. A win could see them actually win the group if results go their way. This group is crazy open. Anyone can still go through.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Overall, we have been pretty bad so far, but let's not be like Russia. What a joke they are. Also, if we secure a third spot, we could play the winner of this group. We still have a chance to finish second as well, although that would see us play Italy next round.

15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I'd rather finish 3rd and play Wales or England without a doubt. Italy seem very organized and have a clear solid gameplan.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I have yet to see a possible lineup from Sport, and while I wouldn't usually put much stock into those, they actually have been fairly accurate with their predictions thus far. Have you guys heard anything specific? All I've got is that there will be a few changes with Vrba knowing his Rosicky replacement. The only other talk has been debates on whether Plasil and Limbersky are still useful at all.

I'm fine with either lineup posted. You could make a case for either striker. Necid because of his familiarity and hold up play, but Skoda could be very effective against these rather weak Turkish defenders. You'd have to fancy his chances of getting on the end of a cross.

Should we take care of business, it is France, Italy, or Wales that would await us.

17. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We lose to France, Italy, and can win against Wales. So we have to finish 3rd somehow. So win, but not by a big enough margin that we overtake Croatia if they lose to Spain. All I know is a draw and we are out, so we have to go for the win no matter what. No way we make it to the knockouts on 2 points, nor should we.

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I've just seen this as a possible lineup:

Cech - Kaderabek, Sivok, Hubnik, Limbersky - Plasil, Darida - Dockal, Kolar, Krejci - Skoda

Hideous is all I have to say for now.

19. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kolar?! Huh??? At least put Sural or put Dockal centrally with Skalak out wide if Vrba wants to keep Darida further back.

20. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Only a potential lineup, though a bit of a scare nonetheless. I would like to think he won't start, but he's only one of a few issues in that lineup. I'm naturally fearing the worst for tomorrow, yet there's a part of me that thinks we win this with ease. Both teams are extremely unpredictable.

21. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Turkey has looked bad so far. Like Russia level bad, but Turkey has also played much better opponents than Russia has. We have also looked bad. Our game against Spain was just us trying to defend all match with a toothless attack. Croatia was also us defending, but this time we looked bad defensively.

I really think this game is 50/50. Two nations on awful form that was to get something from this tournament. Vrba or Terim are likely to get sacked after this match.

22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    [​IMG]

These are the current 3rd place teams. I'd imagine at least one more team will end up on 3 points, so we are pretty much guaranteed a 4th match if we get a win. We also need to get that goal differential into the positives.

23. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Croatia's radical fans have said they plan on attacking the ref in today's match. This is what happens when you only issue a fine instead of a real punishment.

24. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If that doesn't get them kicked out, I don't know what will. Plus, I thought only Turkish fans did that kind of stuff...

25. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia