Czech Republic at UEFA Euro 2020

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by adam CZ, May 3, 2021.

1. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Oh well apparently Celustka came off due to injury... At this rate, just play an entire back up team with Albania then.

2. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    Do you think still the same?

3. Kamtedrejt

Kamtedrejt Member+

Internazionale Milano
    Albania
    Mar 14, 2017
    Hamburg
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    I didn't expect such a drubbing against Italy. Anyway, we come of the back of a very solid defensive display in Wales to the game with you guys. Limited Wales to only two shots on target. We will present a good test for your attacking line.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It was a truly shocking and gutless performance. One that our manager acknowledged as being the worst during his tenure.

Even when your team plays bad, you can usually find a positive performance somewhere, but literally nobody was average. The whole team sucked and our top players let us down.

Albania will be a fine test for us, but whether we played France or San Marino next, how we manage to respond is what’s most crucial right now.

I’d expect a much more intense and concentrated effort on Tuesday. If we play even just half as bad as we did on Friday, we will finish dead last in our group.

5. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Thankfully, both are fit and said to be available for tomorrow. Hlozek also returned to full training and should feature tomorrow. Very good news after what was a hectic last 48 hours full of panic and uncertainty.

6. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yea without a doubt. One poor match against a good nation doesn't make us bad suddenly. I'm obviously super disappointed with that result, but the team looked exhausted and not really into the match mentally. This might not make sense to say, but I am glad we lost this so big. This is a wake up call. We are going to be in pot 1 for the nations league. We will be playing nations of Italy's talent a lot, and the team needs to step up.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The fact we looked so collectively exhausted is a bit alarming, but otherwise I am not too bothered by any friendly result good or bad.

8. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think the Czechs have a decent team but a little short on depth - think they will still have a decent Euros. Even as an Italy fan, we got a couple nice deflections on the first two goals. Italy was just fresh and ravenous harrying the ball. Hopefully it continues.

Skevin repped this.
  9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Silhavy indicated he plans to make four changes to the lineup that faced Italy. My guess is Vaclik (already confirmed), Kalas, Soucek, and Schick will replace Pavlenka, Brabec, Barak, and Krmencik.

I think this will likely be the lineup to play Scotland with Hlozek, Holes, and probably Barak being given the most second half minutes.

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good news is there is still 6 days between now and our first meaningful match. Give the starters a 60-70 min runout, and make the subs like you would in a real match. This should be plenty of time to rest and recover.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yep, just confirmed. Hopefully Hlozek (or even Kaderabek/Vydra) gets some time on the right to demonstrate superiority over Masopust, but I suspect he may be used as a back-up to Schick instead.

I still don't like 3 defensive minded box-to-box players in the middle, but Barak was part of the Italy fiasco so hard to imagine he will start. I think against Scotland we need creativity or we'll get shithoused again.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    For the a millionth time under Silhavy, “Good lineup except for Masopust.”

I noticed Vydra and Krmencik are not listed on the bench, so most likely a runout for Pesek and Pekhart before they’re presumably the odd men out along with Sadilek in our tournament match day rosters.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Pesek was certainly better in the league than Masopust this season as well, forgot he was even here. He isn't a long-term solution on the right, I would say his potential now is either a solid late-bloomer or average player just having a moment.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Silhavy is way too faithful to his high pressing, active running personnel between fielding that midfield trio and starting Masopust. I actually think Holes is more likely to start a group stage game than Barak is.

Even if we advance to the knockout stages, I’ll maintain that we should replace Silhavy after the Euros.

15. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That team minus Masopust is hopefully the team we play against Scotland. Can we not play Kaderabek there? I also noticed Vydra isn't even on the bench. Makes no sense not to give him minutes before the euros.

16. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We really lack a playmaker in this team. Unfortunately Darida as a #10 doesn't work unless we have wingers who can produce quality chances which we don't.

Kamtedrejt and adam CZ repped this.
  17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Wow Jankto..

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Schick! From Masopust?!

19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krmencik would’ve hit that cross all the way into Slavia’s stadium.

20. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Spoils another 1v1 with the keeper.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #97 ASU55RR, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Masopust's history is put in just enough good performances to keep the spot even when he is invisible the next 5 matches. Assist or not, I maintain that Masopust is versatile enough to keep a squad place, but too limited to be a regular starter.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We foul way too often.

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The inevitable goal we concede. This has not been a good performance. Our chances were the result of Albanian mistakes.

Kamtedrejt repped this.
  24. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This midfield just has no cutting edge pass whatsoever and looks clueless in and around the 18 yard box. Otherwise, our build up looks slow and we just seem so hesitant.

Never enjoy these stop-and-start type games with one foul after the other.

Kamtedrejt repped this.