Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So the lineup is actually Hlozek moving central to Barak's spot, and Vydra on the left, but I do like having the 3 attacking players behind Schick as all of them can sort of change positions as needed.

Sadilek replaces Kral, not unexpected considering form.

Zima starts, but we still keep a 2 CB formation with Mateju and Wiesner at fullback, I don't see much value in either at this stage.

So a mix of things I like and don't.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’m fine with this lineup in all honesty. A formation change was always a pipe dream anyways, but at least a few fresh faces that should provide a boost.

Hopefully Hlozek can become more impactful playing centrally and Zima can emerge as a regular starter going forward.

Need to score early and often today.

3. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We may as well have not made any lineup changes at all because we’re just as ineffective.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sadilek to Schick. Great goal.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Great Ball by Sadilek. A lot of it is opponent, but at least this line up let's us keep pressure on further up field.

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good job by the official to punish the dive too.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sadilek reminds me a bit of Darida.

8. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    After a few coffees.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sadilek and Celustka have probably been our best so far. Schick as expected. Zima quite shaky.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think we have more goals in us, but not quite putting the final touch together. I thought Vydra provided a good outlet early but sort of disappeared after his saved chance. Hlozek still needs to just keep it simpler sometimes.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    With Kral and Holes in poor form lately he definitely has an opportunity to get more minutes.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    For sure, and hopefully Krejci II is back soon enough that we no longer need to rely as heavily on Slavia to provide players as they’ve clearly corrupted our medical team.

Probably need a managerial change for that to happen though.

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I know I put Pavelka in my lineup, but why not Bucha? Bad decision there.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Schick had to round the keeper and bury it in that situation.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We should be up by about 4 at this point Vydra, Pesek, and now Schick missing on breakaways

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Finally, and great counter all around.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    There it is! Hopefully the first of many international goals for Hlozek.

18. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Somehow completely forgot about this one. Happy to see it 2-0

19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It’s so obvious we need a change and Silhavy has yet to pull the trigger. Been very sloppy since the Hlozek goal.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Minus one or two moments like now we've been completely dominant. We could easily have 4+ goals.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What a terrible stretch this has been. How Silhavy hasn’t intervened is beyond me. We can barely put together any sort of possession.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If we took our chances better I would rate this as great, but good is more than good enough with this opponent. Sadilek was a big upgrade over Kral, and Hlozek got the first international goal jitters out of the way.

Otherwise, not too much stands out even if overall performance was mostly good.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Haven't done match ratings in a bit, so my recollections.

Vaclik 7 - he didn't have a lot to do, but did it well)
    Mateju 7 - was very good in defense, but has limited quality up front)
    Celustka 7.5 - steady throughout
    Zima 6.5 - 5.5 first half, 7 2nd half + .5 for launching the 2nd goal counter)
    Wiesner 6 - defensively fine but actively killed numerous attacking possessions with his inability to do more than launch hopeful crosses
    Sadilek 8.5 - MOTM - tremendous passing and could have had 3 assists if we finished better and worked his ass off even after taking a heavy knock early
    Soucek 7.5 - better but still a bit fatigued looking at times
    Vydra 6.5 - 7.5 first 25 minutes and 5 remainder of half. The first of several missed breakaways although his was IMO the toughest with the keepers angle.
    Hlozek 7 - still tries to do too many highlight dribbles and flick passes, but a goal and several attacking possessions
    Pesek 7.5 - blew a chance and is still kind of a defensive liability as a starter, but otherwise was good. Heavily involved in the first goal and was more successful running at defenders than any other attacking player
    Schick 7.5 - was a bit sloppy in possession, blew a breakaway, still had a goal and assist.

Pavelka 7 - Felt his presence let Sadilek get more involved in attacking possession early in the 2nd half, but nothing remarkable.

the other subs weren't on long enough to rate and we were mostly seeing out time at that point.

Belarus are not a good team, but with a lot of injuries and traveling half way to Siberia I'm not going to complain about a comfortable win.

24. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’d categorize that performance as “good enough” and nothing more. There was generally still a real lack of composure in threatening situations that we simply must capitalize on. I’m admittedly still annoyed with the Wales match, so not as content here.

Anyways, looking ahead to our final qualifier against Estonia in November, here’s a few things Silhavy should consider for that game:
    • Convince Kaderabek to rejoin the team to get a runout at leftback. Mateju, Novak, and certainly Havel are not the answer.
    • Be wary of possible yellow card accumulation that might carry over to the playoffs. Current list of players on a yellow card includes: Soucek, Jankto, Kalas, Sadilek, Zima, and Hlozek.
    • Call up fewer Slavia players to avoid the inevitable tampering within our squad through the medical staff.
    I already know he won’t consider any of these things.

25. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kaderabek should be our LB anyway. I know he isn't super comfortable there, but he is a good player and we desperately need to fill that spot.

Anyway, we have 1 more qualifying game to go. Estonia at home should be a cake walk, but I still want to see our best team possible for that one. We need another 2-0 win at least imo. I just don't trust Belgium not to throw out some B team against Wales on the last day. Belgium are already locked for first so I am not sure why they'd risk their top players.