Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The (relatively) good: Pesek, Hlozek
    The mostly fine: Coufal, Barak, Soucek (although his first half was not)
    The poor: Vydra (mostly for the blown 1-v-1, his work rate was good), Holes, Mateju, Kalas
    Unfortunate: Vaclik
    The why, just why: Kasa

Only sub worth mentioning is Stanek, and I would say mostly fine as he denied a the chances he could (maybe should have done better on Hazard's goal) but was too frequently forced into action. Considering I firmly believe he was a terrible selection, he did what he could.

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Eh, I think most will acknowledge Pesek's performance since he is a journeyman league player that is emerging as a solid wing option.

They will continue to call Hlozek an overrated flop even if he wins a ballon d'or, because it just kills them that despite their recent success their academy is still catching up (although they have a few good ones coming though.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I do think we should beat Wales, they needed 2 penalties to beat that toothless looking Belarus side in a neutral stadium.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’m confident we win at home and at full strength. We’d of never lost that game in March if Schick doesn’t get sent off, and still even outplayed them down a man.

Our home versus away record in competitive games (Nations League and qualifiers, not counting Euros) under Silhavy is quite alarming.

We’re undefeated in nine competitive home games (8 wins and 1 draw with Belgium) during his tenure.

This is where I’ll give him credit because previous managers (Bilek and Jarolim) had some forgettable home results to say the least.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This U-21 side has some potential and are thrashing Albania currently, certainly looks like a more dynamic set of attacking players than last time (especially after Hlozek was called up to the senior team). Imagine that Samek despite being 17 may join this squad at some point.

Good to start qualifying for them with two wins.

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Matej Kovar our U-21 keeper and Manchester Utd youth player is being brought into the senior team to replace Vaclik's roster spot in the friendly. Not exactly next on the depth chart (his club performances are not great from what I hear), but he was already with the U-21s (who started qualifying with 2 wins and 2 clean sheets) so a fairly easy logistical call-up.

7. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I’ve heard similar of Kovar and not really sure what his ceiling is. Stanek, who will start tomorrow, was once a youth product of Everton, and I kind of suspect Kovar may follow an identical career path. Still early to call though and I hope I’m wrong.

Otherwise, tomorrow is hardly of interest to me. My wish list I suppose would be to see Hlozek play centrally (not as a lone striker though) and try Sadilek at left back.

8. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    #2358 ASU55RR, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    The line-up just came up on uefa.com, and it's definitely an eclectic friendly.

Sadilek (a defensive midfielder/occasional fullback) is in the Barak position with Kral and Soucek (who should absolutely not be playing in a meaningless match) behind him. Jemelka gets a chance to prove he is any better than Kasa, but is next to Holes. Tecl's up front to potentially miss a few sitters.

Really I am intrigued to see more of Pesek and Sadilek, but this lineup is a lot of needless filler and even more needless minutes for key players (Soucek and Coufal).

Edit: Official twitter has Sadilek next to Soucek with Kral up top, so a little more sensible.

9. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am surprised with how alright this XI is. I think the plan is to give Kral and Soucek more minutes together.

10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well that should have been a red right from the start.

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don’t mind Soucek and Coufal starting assuming they only play the first half. I’ve always preferred to mix in regular starters with the new(er), more inexperienced players in friendlies. I don’t see the point in playing an entire C/D team a month before a huge qualifier.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Tecl has got to be having the worst luck in front of goal of any striker in Europe this last month

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This actually looks to be an entertaining game with how loose the defending and tactics are.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Ukraine are really defending timid, so this is good audition match for less experienced or out of form players.

15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Despite also reaching the quarter finals this year, I kind of feel Ukraine have somewhat regressed since we last played them in the inaugural Nations League.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I guess my other real wish is (again) for a Hlozek goal.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well it was unlikely anyway, but I don't think that Havel is the answer at left back

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Conceding on the first chance we let up. That’s the Czech team I know.

19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hopefully the scenario where Kasa, Jemelka, and Havel are all in the national team never happens again.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Great pass by Tecl, but we remain allergic to the net.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    For all the abuse he gets for his finishing, his occasional hold up play and playmaking is not that bad. He did send Pesek through on goal when he scored against Scotland after all.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Our players must’ve been practicing kicking field goals in training.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Our left-side has just been wide open on every counter. It would be one thing if Havel was involved offensively, but its just bad positioning

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Fun half despite the score.

We have one glaring weakness, but since we likely need to give Coufal a rest I think we are stuck with it. Also Zmrhal wrecked a few attacks by rushing shots.

25. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    These past 2.5 games have once again shown that we can usually sustain pressure for extended periods against any level of opposition (even with a depleted squad), but everything just moves laterally (especially without Schick, but still even with him too), and then we’re left scrambling to defend counter attacks.