Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    1-0 Poland. We just LOVE to concede goals on opponent’s first real threatening attack.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I imagine it was another infamous Silhavy motivational speech before this game too. The guy should be coaching a retirement home lawn bowling team.

3. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    So we started Chytil and Kuchta up front just to sub off both at halftime lol.

Hlozek and Cvancara on for the second half.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Soucek equalizes! A similar funky bounce off a defender that lead to the Polish goal, falls into the feet of Soucek. Good finish.

5. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It ends 1-1. Awful performance. Just awful. We did almost steal a win in stoppage time at the end, but otherwise, we were even worse in the second half.

A draw with Moldova can see us advance directly with a top two finish. Remarkable that 13 points is enough to qualify for a major tournament, but we’ll take it (and leave Silhavy at home).

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I was okay to miss this one due to work, and with the team as aimless as we've looked in our last few matches I'm sure Silhavy would have ground out at best a 2-1 result if he had access to the 2004 squad in their prime.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Albania is the only team in this group that even deserves to be able to watch the Euros, much less play in it.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I really hate how fubo bought the rights in America for these qualifiers. I’ve barely been able to watch any games but looks like we’re one win away from qualifying now and we’ve got a very winnable game left.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not beating this current Poland team is another strike for Silhavy. They were even worse than us.

Our lineup was terrible and yet another failed attempt to emulate Trpisovsky and Slavia.

We’ve never looked good in any back three formation. Literally not once. It *could* work if:

- We used the Sparta trio of Vitik - Panak - Krejci with Kovar in goal to be able to properly play out from the back.

- We gave a chance to arguably the best midfielder in the Czech league in recent years (Kalvach) and found an emergency alternative to Soucek.

- We called up our only real traditional attacking midfielder (Barak) or were open to fast-tracking still very raw talents (Karabec, Sevcik, Jurasek) into the team to have attacking creativity available.

- We had Schick.

We easily will be the worst team at the Euros if Silhavy isn’t fired after this. We still have a squad capable of comfortably being in the top 16 in my opinion.

10. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Consider yourself lucky not being able to watch this qualifying campaign much. We’ve just turned the easiest group ever into a nightmare both on and off the field, and may fire our manager even after qualifying.

Good to see you in here again.

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The shitshow continues! Kuchta, Coufal, and Brabec were caught clubbing in Olomouc last night and have been removed from the team ahead of our crucial qualifier tomorrow.

Regardless of the management situation right now, this is embarrassing from the players and especially surprising from two senior starters.

You may not like the manager, but to let down your teammates and in this case, your country, is just shameful.

Now make no mistake, the real issue here remains current management who lost control of this team a long, long time ago. If Silhavy had any decency, he’d announce his resignation in the pre-match press conference today.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Oh, I see they are going for a 2010 World Cup qualification fiasco tribute. Probably the only time we are in an even easier group than that one, and we still may blow it.

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    As for the game that’s being played today, Sport reports that Vitik and Chory will both make their debuts and that Hlozek and Masopust should also start. Still will likely be 3-4-1-2.

Chory starting in such a critical match really speaks volumes to the state that we’re in, but I suppose fielding a flagpole makes sense when you resort to aimless long balls as often as we do.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Strategically, and by that I mean in the absence of strategy, a forward like Chory does kind of make sense. He's a target for when nothing is working and we just kick it as high and far as possible out of frustration.

Also its not like form matters much for our national team, either in how we select players or how players perform relative to during their work with their clubs, the atmosphere around the team has been defeatist for the better part of a year now.

That said, I actually do see us winning today, at the end of the day we're still playing Moldova at home.

15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Silhavy has the opportunity to at least repair his reputation and earn my respect back if we win and he resigns immediately after the match.

I think we win too.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Also may this be the beginning of a Vitik and Zima lead defence for years to come.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Doudera!! What a goal that is.

Assist by Chory too.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Great composure by Doudera.

19. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We’re still playing poor otherwise.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yeah, I was kind of expecting us to take over the match after the goal, but it was just a temporary moment. Otherwise we look our normal poorly organized selves.

Then again, my ideal outcome is qualify but not well enough to save Silhavy's job, so this could be about the level we want.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    This is another awful performance and conceding this much possession to Moldova at home is truly a sight to behold.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Set aside the goal and this is arguably the worst half of our entire qualifying campaign.

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Turns out we’re actually better off in a 3-4-3 rather than this mess. Be prepared for an even worse half where we just defend deep and hoof the ball up the field.

This is comically bad from us.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Surely that has to be the 2nd half against Albania.

This felt fairly standard for recent matches to me, although that is overall very bad.

25. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Moldova now down to 10 men and I feel no better about winning this lol.