Czech national team [R]

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by Canadian_Supporter, Aug 14, 2008.

1. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    We’ve scheduled what is otherwise an incredibly low profile friendly with Kuwait to be played in Olomouc on November 11, but seeing as how we’ve stagnated lately, I feel this is actually necessary to use as preparation towards March.

If this friendly is played by emergency call ups from the reserve list, then we might as well withdraw ourselves from the playoffs all together.

I’d lineup as closely to what we’d field in a playoff scenario with a few exceptions made for testing some players.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The injury woes continue as Schick is the latest player sidelined. He suffered a torn ankle ligament that will keep him out for roughly a month. We should be fine without him for Estonia, although I do think they’re better than Belarus.

In addition, Kudela, Kaderabek, Jankto, and possibly Kral will (again) be absent.

Even though he’s only recently returned from a lengthy injury and perhaps short of full match fitness, I wouldn’t hesitate to call up Krejci II.

3. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Even without Schick, we should have enough to win our remaining game. This is a good time to sort out our defense and stick with it imo.

4. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

Really the only bad call up here is Pavelka. No longer an international player at this stage of his career while other options are worth exploring.

I’d of selected an additional midfielder that’s actually young and promising (Bucha or Krejci II) and gone with seven defenders. No need for Novak when Mateju can play all defensive positions and Sadilek can cover at leftback if necessary.

Of course too innovative for Silhavy who is old-school and has to abide by the standard depth chart arrangement when forming his roster. One more forward to be added that will most likely be Krmencik.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hlozek missing the Sparta - Lyon match due to hamstring injury, not sure if it will hold him out through the international break.

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Krejci II should be his replacement since he actually offers a more direct goalscoring threat than any of the three forwards on the reserve list and arguably those on the current roster…

7. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia

It’s the usual Monday madness that commences basically every international break now. Our absentee XI could (again) do better than our current healthy XI. Surely this stretch of bad luck ends before March when all are needed.

I’m fine with Krmencik and Panak being called up, but that Plzen trio is just comical really. How a Slovacko player such as Lukas Sadilek is not considered at all, nor another versatile attacking player like Lingr to replace Hlozek is beyond me.

It now appears that Silhavy has tested positive for Covid (second time I believe), so assistant coach Jiri Chytry will manage in his place.

8. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    How do you get covid twice?! I know Silhavy has a job that requires a lot of face to face communication but getting it twice seems negligible.

9. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Silhavy is vaccinated according Sionko, so this is a breakthrough case and apparently a mild one, but since he is a transmission risk he can't have contact in person.

The case numbers in Europe, especially central and eastern, have been increasing again lately.

10. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Covid is still prominent enough to be (somewhat) of an issue through various strains of the virus despite vaccines or even previous diagnosis. Silhavy recently turned 60, so hopefully no complications arise from what appears to be a mild case as mentioned.

That being said, I’d rather he not manage another game anyways. We need new management in my opinion.

Maybe during their visit the Kuwait FA will make some ludicrous offer that Silhavy and his staff can’t refuse and they all abandon ship…

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The senior team kicks off shortly in Olomouc, although much of the focus will be on our U-21s who play away to England. We’re currently sitting atop our group with four consecutive wins to start the campaign without conceding a goal.

The games will overlap slightly and to my knowledge, the U-21 qualifier is somehow not being broadcasted on CT Sport. Not that finding an English stream should be difficult for this.

12. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    [​IMG]

Not a terrible team for a friendly.

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Kalas is out with an injury. Vaclik presumably being rested. I’d of much rather started Kuchta who is the better option over current Krmencik.

14. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Only 2-0 at half. This is somewhat expectedly more of a scrimmage. Kuwait are bad. The most lopsided match stats I’ve ever seen thus far.

The return and subsequent impact of Coufal is so apparent. The vast majority of our attacking play runs through him. Assisted on the Barak goal.

Mateju is not the answer at leftback whatsoever. We ideally need a natural left footed player that can advance play which Mateju can’t do on his offside.

We’re basically playing a man down with Krmencik out there too.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I forgot about this one, actually was more focused on the U-21 vs England today. Any stand outs positive or negative, this seems like a hard match to make a meaningful assessment.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Suddenly it’s 5-0 at the hour mark. Pesek (his second), Soucek, and now Novak with second half goals.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I tuned in just in time to see goal 5 and the shift change.

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think Novak automatically replaces Mateju just for being left footed.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I know we have 5 goals, but our finishing is still looking a bit poor. Even the goals I've seen on replay were sure things rather than good strikes.

20. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kopic and Sykora could’ve been Lingr and Bucha but whatever.. :whistling:

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not tuned in yet, but England took the lead inside 5 minutes.

22. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Shifty Sykora scores his second to make it seven.

23. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I don't care if he doesn't get a goal, Kuchta offers much more overall up front than Krmencik, If Krmencik isn't in scoring form he's like being down a player.

24. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Now 2-0 England before I can switch over to that game. I’ll probably just get work done instead.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I wish Vydra and Kuchta had got goals, but really this match is just a confidence builder. Kuwait were not anywhere near the level of even Estonia.