Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    AZ just went ahead, after going almost the entire first half without a shot they are gradually becoming the less bad of the teams.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hlozek might just be more confident as a playmaker anyways, sending in Haraslin 1-on-1 with the keeper who denies him.

Rangers defence has been leaking this half.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If Slavia were in Jablonec's group they could go through with a pure B team, but they are actually in probably the toughest group of Conference League (looks like a typical Europa League Group). I don't think they can afford to take it easy if they want our coefficient to make winning a title to mean anything.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jablonec probably missed their best chances to get back in their match with the flurry in front of AZ's goal ending in a very poor miss, but considering they are holding their own away against the group favorites... they may still have a chance to advance from this weak group.

Sparta and Rangers should probably be about 4-2, but somehow both teams have been almost equally inept at finishing... oh I think Rangers just had a player sent off for a 2nd yellow.

5. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Also understandable with the first Prague derby this weekend. I do think they’ll field a relatively strong team (as they are today), but with a few changes going forward.

Kamara of all people sent off.

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Agreed. I just can’t grasp why Tecl is still starting though, especially now that Krmencik is healthy. You’d think this would be the ideal opportunity to finally start him assuming Kuchta is being rested for Sparta.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I wouldn't say going down a man helped Rangers per se, but I do think it has hurt Sparta. Sparta was getting chance after chance on the counter and now Rangers are playing it safe.

8. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Panak has been excellent from what I’ve seen. The defence in general seems better without Stetina and with Hancko at leftback, but by no means a strongpoint still.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sparta win 1-0 and now sit on 4 points. I can’t help but feel this team is still underperforming however.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sparta really did everything in their power to blow that, but get a very important 3 points. The only thing I will confidently say about that group is that Lyon won't break a sweat.

Jablonec deserved better.... not much better, but a draw would have better reflected that poor match.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He was an easy MOTM although I still don't think he is very good.

12. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I think he has a few attributes that make him standout amongst typical Czech defenders, but is otherwise average in most aspects and does appear to be quite slow.

Though it’s hard not to have somewhat of a soft spot for him after overcoming so much health related adversity.

13. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It's really surprising to me that Ubong Ekpai, possibly the biggest flop in modern Plzen's transfer history, has played so much for Slavia this season. Not sure if its a commentary of how poorly Plzen integrated new players, how good Trpisovsky is at turning raw talent into decent footballers, or some combination of the two.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I am too busy to watch, but Feyenoord just scored after pressure following a corner kick. The match seems to be tilting their favor overall early.

15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I kind of already tuned out of this Slavia game. I think it’s lost at this point.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I do suspect Feyenoord will remain undefeated in this fortress of theirs. A very difficult away fixture for any team in this group.

17. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    After a dire first half Slavia are having better of play in the 2nd and have just cut Feyenoord's lead in half. Lot of time left if they can keep momentum.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    A goal-line block denied an equalizer by Schranz... if Slavia can keep the pressure up they may well equalize. 10 + stoppage to go.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    FT 2-1

I do think this will be the toughest fixture for Slavia in this group, although at Union Berlin should also be tough.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Despite a not very good week we did move another spot up in the Coefficient race. We are in a crowded race for the top 15 spot (that looks to come down to Croatia, us and Greece), and realistically probably are in the the best position since we still have 3 teams playing vs 1 or 2 teams in the other leagues.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sparta edged out a 1-0 win against Slavia, their first in 5 or 6 seasons on the weekend. All it took was a ton of early season injuries, and a fairly early red-card by Slavia's only serviceable CB to get them over the hump.

It was the 300th derby match.

Canadian_Supporter repped this.
  22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Plzen have sort of managed 1-0 their way into staying relevant and are topping the table through 11 matches despite only scoring 18 goals in 11 matches. They haven't looked convincing and they would need to improve a lot if they don't want to embarrass themselves in Europe again next season.

23. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I root for Israeli clubs, and Slavia is grouped with an Israeli club for the second consecutive season, albeit Maccabi Haifa has a much worse coefficient than Hapoel Be'er Sheva, who Slavia split with last season. Maccabi Haifa has a 4.875. After that game, Sparts hosts Lyon, and Jablonec hosts Randers, a Danish club not to be confused with Rangers. Jablonec and Randers have never played.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Yep, and admittedly preview the Czech matches as:

Slavia should win
    Jablonec should get at least a point
    Sparta would be lucky to get anything

It's probably a more crucial day for Jablonec and Slavia than Sparta as Lyon have waltzed through the Europa League group as expected so far. Slavia would solidify an inside track to a top 2 position with a win against the groups weaker team, and Jablonec would stay in contention for an improbable advancment.

Sparta are fighting for 2nd place behind Lyon, so any points are a bonus, but not critical.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Despite the scoreline, Slavia actually were okay in the first half, definitely the better of the teams.

2nd half they've been bad really, and would be lucky to equalize much less come back and win.