Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The hesitation on that first Legia goal does suggest a possible psychological impact from that injury, but I think the real issue with Kolar in general is his inflated ego.

He’s been put on a pedestal by Slavia (mostly Tvdrik really) and his attitude and professionalism appears to have suffered as a result.

The fact that he stubbornly only wanted a move to France and delayed any progress of a transfer elsewhere (when his value was seemingly it’s highest) is quite odd.

Then skipping the Euros to focus on this season was somewhat questionable (but also understandable after the injury), but there were rumours that he was just discontent with being third choice which is totally believable.

I assumed that Kolar would continue in his impressive spring form post-injury, but to be in such terrible form and apparently out of shape physically after specifically focusing on preparing for this current season is very disappointing.

2. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Daniel Samek is going to be a very good player one day. The 17 year-old is currently 1+1 in the first half as Slavia lead Ostrava 2-0. He also had an impressive appearance off the bench this past Thursday against Legia.

3. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jablonec still cruising along now up 6-1 on aggregate. I'm debating with myself on how high Plestil's ceiling is, part of me feels like this is another Matousek when he broke through and unprepared opponents just get caught of guard by his pace/directness, but he also seems to be much more tactically aware player and his form has continued from last season (even as Jablonec's has mostly not). Would like to see him move to a better club soon.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Jablonec ultimately won 8-1 on aggregate, did not see that happening at all.

Plzen's day so far is more or less summed up in a 2 minute stretch early in the match. Chory (who's wasted a lot of chances in several matches) blows a 1-v-1 against the keeper and then CSKA Sofia scores on their first shot. It's a match that looks even, but one team is producing in front of goal and the other doesn't. It's late and barring a late goal going to extra time

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia are going to play 87 minutes with 10 men as Holes follows a ball right into the ankles of an opponent. Hard to argue that it's a red, but of course many are.

6. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Maybe the fewer Czech clubs in Europe the better because Thursday is quickly becoming my least favourite day of the week.

7. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What a strike from Ekpai! Slavia take the lead after a well-played first half for being a man down.

8. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Now that he is available on the bench, Krmencik would be ideal to introduce in this situation to act as a nuisance and offer better hold-up play. Also an effective time waster with how often he’s caught offside.

9. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Tecl again spoils another glorious opportunity alone on Boruc.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kolar has deservedly taken a lot of heat for Slavia's European failings this season, but if they lose this one it really is on Tecl. I guess the difference is people expect Kolar to play well, while blowing 2 chances with the keeper at your mercy is fairly on brand for Tecl.

11. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    How Tecl is still at Slavia and somehow starting a game of this magnitude is beyond me.

12. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sima and Krmencik on the bench too. The one plus side is that if Slavia get their shit together they may actually be good enough to win Conference League, but still a massive let down after the last few years.

13. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Interesting to see how this likely Europa League exit impacts any rumoured outgoing transfers at Slavia.

The team as of today could definitely contend for the Conference League.

14. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Olayinka missing a golden, but not easy chance their on the corner.
    I actually heard somewhere the financial difference between Europa and Europa Conference League is shockingly small, so I don't think it would force any transfer from that perspective.

15. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Tecl will deservedly get the blame, but Holes was the one dumb enough to get a red card in the 3rd minute.

16. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That has to be one of the most earliest red cards that wasn’t for preventing a goalscoring opportunity… and on that note, Tecl should’ve been sent off.

17. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    What’s impressive about Slavia today is how they managed to delay the mentioning of that Plzen result on here.

18. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Meh, Plzen aren't very good and the body of evidence that BIlek was a downgrade is growing.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Sparta have largely foregone sending out a loan army of younger players for the first half of the season, most likely because of a combination of Europa League and Sparta B being in 2. Liga so they can send their best youngsters like Vitik back and forth as needed throughout the season instead of having them play for Liberec or Ceske Budejovice etc.

20. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Plzen just really raised a middle finger today to the whole commonly held belief that "have fallen way behind" the other top clubs, by really outplaying Sparta in a 3-2 win. Great atmosphere too.

21. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I haven't worked out my league predictions completely, but I feel fairly confident that Sigma will be in Europe next year.

22. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Thursdays are the busy day for both Czech clubs and players abroad this season.

Slavia will take on Union Berlin in an early match to kick things off in Conference League
    Jablonec in a later match take on CFR Cluj

In normal Europa League Sparta begin against Brondby

Hoping for at least 6 combined points, but not expecting much as Slavia are still injury battered, Jablonec are mediocre, and Sparta defend like clowns... specifically clowns that also suck at defending.

Similarly Soucek/Coufal will be in West Hams EL match, Schick is on the bench for Bayer, Vaclik will probably start for Olympiakos... probably missing some

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia take the lead against Union Berlin after Bah sort of mishit a volley on his weaker left foot, but fortunately travelled through a screen of bodies.

I’d of never expected Slavia to lineup in Europe like this a month ago, but between outgoing transfers and continued injury troubles, they’re quite limited.

24. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Limited or not they've completely outplayed Union Berlin that half, and are now up a man in addition to the goal. Lingr, Dorley and Bah sort of driving things.

I think the Dorley penalty shout was 50-50, although my stream quality was crap so hard to say with confidence.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Well, Slavia players have taken to injuring their own teammates as Kacaraba just got KO'd in a collision by Ousou... accident of course, but probably means they'll need to call on a non-existent back up CB.

Unfortunate as the starting pairing was playing fairly well.