Czech League football 2016 and on

Discussion in 'Czech Republic' started by ASU55RR, Aug 29, 2016.

1. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Some significant matches for the relegation battle. I think at this point it's safe to predict that Opava and Pribram are going down, the 3rd team will most likely be either Brno or Mlada Boleslav. Both teams also have potential to be much better than they are currently, so Karvina & Teplice aren't completely safe yet either.

If Brno does drop, the 2nd largest city may still have a team in the first division as SK Lisen currently lead the FNL table.

2. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia getting an easy prep match vs Ostrava so far ahead of Rangers, made easier by a Banik player throwing a needless elbow less than 3 minutes into the match to get ejected.

3. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    It was easy, but we are sleepwalking this half and now we are getting everything that we don't want. Masopust was having a great match, then got injured forcing us to put Sima on against these ankle hackers.

4. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Good news, Hlozek is recovered enough to be on the bench for Sparta today against Pribram.

5. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Hlozek returned and played well considering how long he's been gone, but it was Karabec that really stole the show in Sparta's 4-0 win. The 2003 generation is starting to look very strong this season... and now I feel old.

Vrba has Sparta winning matches they should, which is already a step in the right direction from predecessors, but his former squad Plzen will be the first big test this weekend.

6. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Actually, Plzen is going into quarantine, so Vrba's Sparta won't face a big test just yet. Also, a big reprieve for them as Krejci the younger and Vitik are both facing a yellow card suspension next match.

The younger Krejci continues to look like fool's gold to me, his talent is over shadowed by recklessness that would see him lose favor at a higher level fast. Vitik is part of the promising 2003 group that I mention last post (with Karabec, and Visisnsky [Slavia]), very raw but holding a spot at his age is impressive even though he too racks up more cards than would make a manager comfortable.

7. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia keeps the usual lineup for Rangers, who are missing their captain and most statistically significant player in Tarvernier

I expect Slavia to win today, the margin and preventing an away goal are what's crucial if they want to advance.

8. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Slavia should advance, but I think Rangers could actually be more difficult than Leicester having already secured the Scottish league title. They’ll be motivated to achieve additional success in Europe.

I do hope Slavia rinse them though, as my disdain for Scottish football this year hasn’t changed.

9. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Woohoo, early lead lets put this away.

10. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    If Rangers keep giving Stanciu that room to shoot it will be a long day for them, great finish.

11. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Rangers seem fairly pushed back since the goal

12. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Provod is so good.

adam CZ repped this.
  13. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Almost a complete giveaway, we're in control but need to stay focused.

14. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Really weak goal to concede, we need to build a lead this match.

15. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Not entirely his fault on the goal, but Kolar really struggles to read set pieces and it’s one of the reasons why I’m somewhat skeptical he’d make it in a top league.

16. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Kolar probably deserves most of the blame on that.

Had several chances to increase the league before that, but the final ball is lacking.

17. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    That's true and Rangers didn't show much so we should still win, the away goal bothers me though.

18. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Zima picks up a yellow card and is now suspended for the next leg. Good to have a proven international replacement in Deli.

19. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I've missed the 2nd half up until now, but it sounds like a more even match.

20. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    We came down to their level more than they got better. Kolar at least got a chance to atone.

21. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Wow that’s an amazing save on Masopust.

22. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Great corner, great header, and unforunately great save. Fair play

23. adam CZ

adam CZ Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    He was MOTM in our national team game against Israel back in October and was showing glimpses of raw potential last year, but it feels like he’s now a significantly better player in just a matter of months.

I think he’s very well on track for a move abroad this summer.

24. Slavia_do_toho

Slavia Prague
    United States
    Apr 21, 2019
    Philadelphia
    Really disappointing result, if not for the dumb mistake we probably run away with the match. I still think we are slight favorites in the return leg.

25. ASU55RR

ASU55RR Member+

Jul 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY/Brno,CZ
    Club:
    FC Zbrojovka Brno
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    It looks like they changed formation and may have helped tilt the match too. Considering how poor key players like Olayinka, Kolar and Sima played today, not a terrible result going into the return leg.