NSR: Current Events thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by NotreDameFlamengo, Nov 17, 2012.

1. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yes, and Obama has been deporting them. And I bet Hillary would probably quietly continue that policy. Trump painted a picture that illegal immigration has been at it's worst under Obama which was a blatant lie. How is that any different than what all other politicians due during campaigns ?

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Trump opposes sanctuary cities, which Obama has no problems with. Hillary furthermore has now been proven to favor open borders and she is in favor of bringing in large numbers of Syrian refugees. While that is humanitarian to an extent, the same was done by European nations and next thing you know, terrorist attacks in Nice and elsewhere, not to mention alarmingly high spikes in sex crimes in Germany and Sweden.

America has plenty of criminals to deal with without importing Middle Eastern men who lack the respect for rule of law (and respect for women).

samuel_clemens and Emperor Adriano repped this.
  3. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Most people don't know the number he deported tho. Most Americans think because he's black that he cares about the average person. Trumps playing to race no doubt , but democrats and all elites do. And illegal immigration is pretty bad and like I said in a previous post, most of our legal immigrants are refugees who really aren't useful yet they overtake blacks on the totem pole pretty quick. You think blacks aren't as frustrated as they've been since the late 60s?? People are starting to wake up to the fact that this is a sham. Most don't have the education to learn who their true oppressors are.

samuel_clemens repped this.
  4. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I believe Trump has the right message, the system needs to change ... but he is just the wrong messenger. Yes, basically, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, W, and even Obama have been as we say, farinha do mesmo saco. They all grow Government, grow debt, and impose the US's will in the world through aggression. I doubt that last part would change under Trump.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea I hear a lot about "respect for women" but never any mention of Islam. If we do we are labeled a xenophobe. And like you said on here before , some degree of assimilation is necessary. But for even suggesting such a thing a person is labeled a xenophobe.

6. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    The struggles of middle America folks - to find steady jobs that at least gets the bills paid - can't be solved by politicians. But these people found that Trump resonates with them. How can millionaire politicians safely cloistered in posh houses with zero crime, with top-flight public or private schools for their children, and with world-class health care available to them and their families, relate to such people?

They can't.

Can Trump? Not necessarily. He's lived a life 99% of humanity can barely dream of. But at least he would like to change the status quo by challenging a corrupt establishment which cares not about everyday Americans.

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How can we get the right messenger ? I mean look how easily Bernie caved in. If we look at it objectively I agree with what you said on a previous page , they are both populists and I see more similarities than differences but I think I'm in the minority with that. Plus how can someone fight this media ? One example. Trump and sanders came out as neutral or pro Palestine , do you remember the hammering both took ? This power structure is complicated and issues like Israel can make the media make you unelectable

8. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    And under Hillary Clinton, it will continue unabated and worsen exponentially.

9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Lawson, since you mentioned Israel in US politics, I suggest you read "The Israel Lobby & US Foreign Policy."

10. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    You raise something I have spoken of for quite a while now. But my friends are mentally self-blocked.

Liberals, leftists, progressives hailed the European welcome to hundreds of thousands of refugees - but fell silent when report after report after report of extreme violence against women began to appear.

Thus are leftists: they claim to fight for women's rights but do not think through their policies and positions, and have no answer when the expected outcomes of the decisions they push for are deleterious to the very people groups they supposedly defend (in this case, women).

Emperor Adriano repped this.
  11. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will give it a read for sure , the more I learn about Jewish influence the more I get scared lol. Questioning anything Israel or the 85% ownership of American media by Jews really is shark infested water. Half of our high school curriculum is on the holocaust haha

12. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    IMO the country's and global landscape has to change first forcing politics to change. Something has to force their hands.

To be honest, this was a very winnable election for Trump (I am assuming he doesn't win) if he didn't keep getting in his own way. Not even Democrats like Hillary and she is not charismatic at all.

I agree the media has a strong power to shape people's opinions on an emotional level (on both sides). 99% of it is useless noise and theater. But I can't blame the media for taking down Trump. He did it to himself.

13. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Wikileaks has shown CNN and the NY Times colluded in favor of Hillary/the Democrats against Trump.

Trump didn't always speak wisely, but the anti-Trump/pro-Hillary bias is unmistakable and brazen.

14. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Why is that any surprise though ? It's common knowledge CNN / MSNBC / Fox News are all puppets of their respective political parties. It's only bad news if you don't already know how it has been laid out for a while now. But from my observations, they typically choose to concentrate and criticize the republican nominee, while Fox News from what I've seen, at times just makes shit up and passes it as news. But yeah, the whole cable news layout is disgusting generally speaking.

15. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    No, it's bad news because major news channels are essentially privately owned propaganda mouthpieces intentionally shaping headlines and applying different treatment to different candidates because they favor one over the other all while pretending to be impartial. Luckily for them and unluckily for Americans, most people are clueless about this.

The "cloud people" want us "dirt people" illiterate, blind, obedient, and taxed up the butt. They don't take it lightly when we act as if we don't know our place. Trump is the embodiment of that and this is precisely why they hate him and are doing everything to make sure he doesn't win. Wikileaks shows this again and again and again.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    BTW ... newspapers have always been biased. From what I've read, they used to be even more so a long time ago. So that's nothing new and probably won't change.

17. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    But this shows that the media is part of the establishment, and Trump is a threat against that establishment. Again, this is why he's so hated.

18. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree. But I can't feel sorry for Trump. He is the symbol of treating people unfairly and with a lack of respect. So I won't cry a river for him.

BTW, you should check what he had to say about the Clintons back in 2008. You'd be surprised.

19. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Oh, I know. Just like people who are casting a vote for Hillary today - they should see what Barack Obama said about Hillary also in 2008.

20. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He is hated because of his rhetoric, not because he is not part of the establishment. What do you expect when a candidate insinuates for somebody to use their 2nd amendment right against his opponent. Bernie was a bit of an outsider and wasn't hated.

21. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Like I said, farinha do mesmo saco.

22. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    He kept it vague. Your interpretation was expected, but what he meant was that Americans who support the 2nd Amendment stop Hillary through the ballot box.

Of course he is hated because he's not part of the establishment. If he were, they'd do everything for him that they've done for Hillary.

samuel_clemens repped this.
  23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    He sure has a knack for speaking vaguely about controversial things doesn't he ? Many people took it that way. That's a big part of the problem.

24. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @Century's Best who was the last Democrat you voted for and did they disappoint you?

25. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    @MatthausSammer told you......... Don't underestimate class politics and a pathetic media.. Thanks