NSR: Current Events thread

Discussion in 'Brazil NSR' started by NotreDameFlamengo, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Utica NY (the refugee city)
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The immigrants are just an equation of them losing jobs. But it's a major factor , after you sent this I looked up some of the responsibilities of Spanish companies. I'd hire illegal.
    alex jones is president of
    The nwo conspiracy theory and he loves trump. I saw a non partisan study today that said 800,000 votes for Hilary were fraud. We'll see how it goes. Him getting as many votes as he did with the billionaires on her side really doesn't make him a minority president regardless if we are pragmatic and realistic of
    What money means

2. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And the press is completely a Democratic Party machine if we are being honest. Emails prove all of this , go look st the orders from mr sorros lol. They are my favs so yea , not seeing how he is a minority president , maybe minority vs the power structure of
    THe world

3. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I don't know much about this to discuss it. But I would doubt the extremely high unemployment rate in Spain (for Spanish people) for example is mainly due to immigrants.

Apparently we will find out from Trump's effort to investigate voting fraud. Whether the the conclusions are believable is another story. What does billionaire vote have anything to do with it ? They are an extreme minority.

EDIT: But I guess you mean the billionaires are brain washing the low income masses.

4. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    It's not their vote it's their influence. It's simple , I'll explain the Spain claim tomorrow , Europe cooked itself no doubt and their are a lot of factors but mass immigration was the final straw imo.

5. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    They really aren't an extreme minority especially in a world where 90% are sleepwalking. People can smell neo liberalism , they know something isn't right but they aren't suppose to find out. It started when Allende was overthrown in Chile by Kissinger. The Chicago boys cooked up this new economic strategy and that's our world now , that's a good place to start if you want to look at it. Kissinger still has global foreign policy influences btw and he was #withher. I'm not even being a dick to the average joe or average Jane, my point is they are far too busy or apathetic to understand. When you own a media company it is quite easy to influence other people and your voice is the only ones people hear essentially. Plus if your not in the media and you are rich you can still easily manipulate coverage. People have to buy advertising and a lot of pc political opinions are forced down people's throats not for any reason other then money and the constant need to expand , which is fine I'm just going to call it out when I see it. Groups like media matters and move on .org have an extreme influence on what we see for instance. One thing we see in the media is virtue signaling and that's pretty much all our mainstream news is , making you feel superior due to you believing what's crammed down your throat. Hollywood is another great example ; rich people claiming they will
    Move and saying where. They claim they are moving due to the Orange hitler. Where do they say they are going to go ? White countries lol. Literally look at all of them and see where they said. Then they didn't move regardless and they never ate crow when they discovered australias tough immigration laws.
    The European Union expediated the downfall of Italy , Spain , Portugal and Greece. Germany pretty much runs it now and it really only benefits people companies like Goldman Sachs. Nigel farage on the right is a good starting point to hear about the rape. Everyone think trumps or Putin is the issue , look up global dawn in Greece and look at their far left groups. It's a horrifying expierience what they are going through. The global economic trends have always worked away from these countries (see Portugal hanging onto colonies way to long). So yea they made mistakes , Portugal has the most workers rights in the world , it's pretty hard for a company in Portugal to be dynamic and reactive enough so that is an issue. The Portuguese college graduate has to go to Mozambique for a job now or sit at home with Mom and dad doing nothing but getting pissed.
    So yea I think a lot of this world is structured and I also think euro will blow up. Said it 5 years ago, looking worse now. Americans have it good in all honesty , the young euro doesn't. That's why you see them gravitate to the extreme parties on either side. People here just have angst , if they were truly unhappy maybe they wouldn't vote democrat because they feel forced to?

6. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    *golden dawn in Greece

7. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  8. Emperor Adriano

Emperor Adriano Member+

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Those of you who live in the U.S. probably read/heard about Daniela Vargas, a 22-year-old native of Argentina who spoke at a pro-illegal immigrant rally in Mississippi. She was then arrested by U.S. immigration authorities.

Vargas came here in the early 2000s as her parents sought to escape the economic crisis her country was facing then. I clearly remember that at the time, Argentina was one of the visa-waiver nations (it no longer is) and Argentines like her family took advantage of the program to stay here for good.

Earlier this year, ICE agents arrested her father and brother. Her mother is still in the U.S., but she divorced her father and it is not known where she is, or whether she may have somehow attained legal papers to remain in the U.S.

Vargas had been approved for DREAM twice and had recently applied for a 3rd one, having paid the $495 fee. But now, authorities are moving towards quick deportation.

As a one-time immigrant whose experience differed from hers in that my parents brought me here legally and therefore I was eligible to ultimately receive U.S. citizenship, I feel for Vargas. This kid would've done anything to legalize her status. She even wanted to join the military, but she can't. If she is deported, it's going to be a difficult adjustment. She spent her entire formative years here; and, while she still speaks Spanish (which is going to make it easier back in Argentina), she will struggle. Argentina like Brazil is a South American country with a lot of corruption and where very good, kind people suffer because of shamelessly corrupt politicians and in some parts, heavy crime. She will lose her friends and will have to make new ones, and at 22, she's at a point in her life where she's very vulnerable - she's an adult, but she'll have to make radical adjustments to her hopes and aspirations (she wants to become a math professor).

I'm all for law enforcement, but I also believe each case is unique - she didn't voluntarily "overstay" her visa; her parents did. Should she be punished for what her parents did when she was only a child?

This illustrates to me that President Donald Trump - whom I do support, although I don't agree with all of his policies - meant business when he said he'd get tough on illegal immigration. There are many Brazilians in the U.S. who like Vargas are here illegally. I frankly won't be surprised if Brazilian news outlets begin to report the arrest and deportation of Brazilians as well.

10. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I applaud you for not hugging to party lines like most people in this country does. It's as if it's forbidden to have any differing views from the party you support.

While I'm all for cracking down on illegal immigration, I agree that they should be taking a different approach with certain cases -- this one being one of them. The timing of this also is very unfortunate.

11. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    #261 Century's Best, Mar 3, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Deviation from the party line comes in various shapes and sizes. And thankfully not all "partisans" bash those with "different" views. But this intolerance you speak of exists in all areas of ideology.

Like you I support cracking down on illegal immigration and I agree with the rest of what you wrote. However, is it realistic?

The laws are myriad and complex; many patrol guys who do the arresting for ICE don't know them. Laws may change; lawyers themselves may not know them all at a given moment. Governmental resources and personnel are limited, and frankly, how patient are ICE personnel/judges who adjudicate such cases?

I feel bad for Vargas because it's going to be traumatic for her to be deported. It's one thing to live abroad for 2, 3, 5 years - it's another to be abroad for 15. She came at 7; she has fewer memories of her home city/country than her parents. Her entire formation was here; she'll stop seeing her friends.

Granted, at 22, she's plenty young; she'll be able to make new friends, study or work, and reacclimate herself. Moving at 22 is always easier than moving at 50 (however painful it may be at first) because one has more time and who knows, she may well return to America one day. But at 22, she's still very vulnerable and malleable, and hopefully she'll manage her deportation (if it happens) wisely.

By this I mean esperteza (não malandragem) and cuidado. This was not what João Herbert did. Hopefully Vargas will make very wise and prudent decisions going forward.

João Herbert's story is now old; you and/or others may have seen it already. But if not, read these two URLs (in order).

A Young Man's Homecoming to a Brazil He Does Not Know

After Arrest, U.S. Sent Ohio Man to Brazil....

12. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    The highlands between DRC and Rwanda
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    You can't have it both ways or have your cake and eat it to, that's the problem in this country. For instance you take a very anti gay anti trans stance which I happen to agree with but the people who will argue against you will use emotional responses and moral superiority to make you feel sub human for thinking such things. Do these types of arguements ever solve problems ? No , they aren't designed to, because as long as people feel good that's all that matters , as long as it doesn't effect their life. Obama deported more illegals than any USA president , did you see Ice in the media everyday then ? Of course not , why do you think this is ? Trump can wave a LGBT flag at the republican convention and still be called a homophobe... we are far beyond rational and reasonable discourse. The media is trying to break trumps will , well he's going to break their will along with the sheeple who believe what they are told on MSNBC and Fox. This is lawson btw.

13. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    And most people really don't give a fuk about Latin immigration , the problem is Central Americans and Mexican immigrants are politicized in a simple form , republicans racist , democrats good. We use to have republicans and democrats competing over the Latin vote, republicans tended to win this battle quite frequently before the 2000s. Now seeing socially conservative Latin dudes try to defend voting for a democrat who wants to destroy the family and force their kids to be neutuered of their religion and culture is the norm. The media is powerful.

14. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yea , the idealogues have killed political debate in this country , and I don't think there is a safe gentile way to deport someone from a country. Like I said to century ICE was never in the media when obama was setting deportation records. Sometimes you have to go next level and focus on why they are so obsessed about trump. Money is a factor , they even admit it but look deeper.

15. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    I need to vent a little about Bruno, so here it goes.

This is everything that is wrong with Brasil . The huge joke of a Justice System that lets this guy walk after 7 years for a heinous crime. O povinho taking selfies with him on his release and acting like he is Neymar. That retard of a woman that has appeared by his side, eating up the fame and hint of future $, knowing full well what he did to his previous girlfriend. I wish I can ask these people if they'd still ask for a selfie if it was their daughter/sister/relative that was murdered. It made me sick seeing that coverage. And Boa Esporte shamelessly getting involved for the marketing aspect of a heinous and ridiculous situation.

I'd love to live in Brasil and we've talked a lot about starting a family there. But our inaction always comes down to the violence and sickening impunity in the justice system. It's actually extremely sad how so much potential and positive attributes can go to complete waste. And it's not even isolated to the big cities. My wife's family got the fk out of SP (Zona Sul) as soon as her dad retired to move to the interior. Although it's better, due to more segregation in terms of income and crime levels in the neighborhoods, its still crazy how much shit that goes on there and the ineffectiveness of the Police and Courts.

16. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    At least he went to prison *cough* OJ Simpson *cough* :D

All joking aside, I hear you.

17. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do you think marketing was a key reason for his signing? I question how useful the marketing angle is for Boa. Sure, they are getting more exposure than before, but it's mostly negative press. I'm not sure if that'll result in anything positive for the club. And the sponsorships are dropping like flies.

18. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    If you think boa esporte is making money of this you are far off. They aren't to blame here at all. If anything they've lost a ton of money. We should be thanking them actually. He's released because he didn't get a fair trial , yea the justice system is trash but shall he sit around his house all day doing nothing ?? I'd rather keep a sociopath busy.

19. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Exactly what I just typed and articles like this are why I'm actually glad he's playing now he got of because the patriarchy.... Sigh ... IMG_4208.JPG

20. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Most of the international articles I've seen uses an image of him at Fla even though there are more current images of him.

Harambe Alvinegro repped this.
  21. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Like how does this highlight Brazilian society and the violence ?? He premeditated his killing of her , he's a sociopath... nothing to do with Brazilian society. He's not wired right and it happens , I know people like to pretend it doesn't happen but they are out there.

22. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, I'm leaning towards trying to make him a productive member of society, even though the opportunity should never have been granted to him in the first place. You'd never see something like this happen in the US, which is why it's hard to fathom what Boa did. I definitely can understand the frustration from ND with all of the "oportunistas" taking advantage of the situation.

23. NotreDameFlamengo

Jul 25, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    So what's Boa Esportes angle in all this? Risk this whole backlash for a goalie who hasn't played in 8 years?

24. Harambe Alvinegro

Feb 13, 2017
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Maybe they don't like being cowards and he was released.. not everything is about branding and public image , boa has like 500 fans. Shall he stay at home doing nothing waiting for his next victim ? the public pressure and dog piling is bullshit , boa did nothing wrong. The press is eating it up so they can virtue signal to their readers who will compare themselves to Bruno and say yes I'm a great person.

25. Mengão86

Mengão86 Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Brazil
    Nov 16, 2005
    Maryland, RJ/ES/PE
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Big gamble to get themselves promoted to Serie A. Unfortunately, it doesn't take very much to differentiate yourself from the pack in Serie B.