Current Azzurri Depth Chart

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Sempre, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I like Gattuso.... I would use him to solidify the group once we had a lead of 2 goals over the team.

The formations I would chose most to go with for our team would be a 4-3-3 and 2-5-3 ... this formation would best suit our quality and depth of play.

Lets talk.

2. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    2-5-3 is never going to happen. thats kindergarden stuff.

3. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kindergarten? show me otherwise

one option: 2-5-3 / can work itself nicely with our quality players.

Gila-Toni

Cassano-Totti
    Fiore-Pirlo-Camorenesi

Canavaro-Nesta-Zambrotta

Buffon​

Nice Quality - well rounded.

4. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  5. Garibaldi

Garibaldi Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thats what I meant - thanks

6. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    youre quite welcome

7. FutSavWor

FutSavWor Member

Jul 28, 2005
    NYC
    Brocchi impressed me again today. I think he's by far the best alternative to Gattuso. He tackles and runs about as much as Rino and is probably more talented with the ball at his feet... I've watch 5-6 Fiorentina matches and he's never dissapointed.

8. INTER4LIFE

INTER4LIFE BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 10, 2005
    TORONTO
    totti played a good game today, good to see hes in form again

9. sardus_pater

sardus_pater Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Sardinia Italy EU
    Club:
    Cagliari Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too many youngsters who still have to prove themselves IMO.

You forgot a lot of options. For example, just to name a few, Corini, Volpi, Perrotta, Sammarco, Mauri, Cozza etc. etc. (midfield) Lucarelli, Bonazzoli, Di Natale, Caracciolo, Brienza, Palladino, Flachi etc. etc. (attack)

10. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    montilivo should be called up, for the germany and get some playing minutes seriously, this kid is like zidane, i wouldnt mind having him in germany

11. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Will Chiellini hold down his spot at Juve? I notice that Italian
    sports journalists have taken against him in a big way. Every
    match he is given a 5 or 5.5. and a few weeks back it was
    said that he's "below Juve's standard" . . . .

12. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hey, Im not familiar with a lot of the youngsters as I don't watch much reruns of games or at least a lot in general. I just watch whatever I can Sunday mornings, and the occasional rerun I can catch. But, i think we can have a strong strong starting formation, with good subs. Heres the lineup I think....
    ----------------------------Buffon
    ------Zambrotta-----Cannavaro-----Nesta-----Chellini
    ---------------------------Pirlo---------------------------
    ---------------Gattuso---------Camoranesi-------------
    ---------------------------Totti-----------------------
    ----------------Cassano-------Toni------------

The defense should be strong, Chellini is a name just popped in, Im not sure if their are good guys out there that are good, or even better...I hear names like Grosso, even a guy from Milan Primavera team, supposed to be captain, but still young? Anyways, our midefield will play good if we don't play through Totti, all the time, Pirlo is good at controlling the defensive half of the field with sending the ball to winger(Zambrotta/Chellini..or other) plus to Totti to service the attack. Gattuso and Camoranesi are 2 strong hard working players that always give their all, Gattuso more defensive, and Camoranesi more offensive, but both very impressive. Totti/ Cassano connection could be deadly if they get to play together and dont fight n get along. Their connection will be good because the play together and know each other, and a Toni who is in form, and scoring goals left n right, should add to a lethal attack. In a perfect world, our defense will do good and hold everyone and not get injured, so a Materatzzi, or strong defender will be goon on bench. For the midfield, I agree, we should have a good attacking midfielder, just in case a Totti injury/disciplinary act, or even to rest. How about even a Pirlo step up to Totti position, and add defensive midfielder..ala Ambrosini or such. At attack, I think a duo of Gilardino, young fiery player, scoring a lot with Milan, Del Piero, good experienced player, good be sub for Totti, or even forward position. Always liked him as starter but never impressed so bench is good spot for not. And also a Iaquinta would be good attacker as sub for a spark....So subs would consist of Abbiati,Matteratzzi, Grosso/Chellini, young u-23 player?, Ambrosini, de Rossi, Fiore, Del Piero, Gilardino, and Iaquinta

I am not sure about the number of players allowed to take, but those are some guys I believe can do well and win some games. I dont think anyone can outplay us, if we play well, and not like we always do. Italy must stop thinking the can beat everyone n come into each game trying to blow everyone out of the water. If we can score goals, which I think now we can...we will have a successful Cup, Forza Italia....then again just my 2 cents

13. Sid Wilson

Sid Wilson New Member

Mar 24, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    cannavaro and nesta should provide the safety, toni, gila, totti to get the goals, great depth

14. rogerjuve

rogerjuve New Member

Dec 13, 2005
    Nairobi
    I believe the azzuris should play their cool and frustrating defence with four. at the back, three in the defensive mid and two behind one striker:
    Toni

toni
    del piero/totti
    gattuso/pirlo/ambrosini
    Grosso/Cannavaro/Nesta/Zambrotta
    buffon
    bench: abbiati,gila,iaquinta e.t.c

or if they want to kill every team:

toni
    del piero/totti/cassano
    pirlo/gattuso
    grosso/cannavaro/nesta/zambrotta
    buffon

with three in the attacking mid and pirlo and gattuso in the holding role, no defence in this world will be able to stop those four men and italy will win the world cup. And no team will be able to pass the six man defensive wall, and buffon.

15. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    would not mind seeing that in the world cup. but if gilardino gets consistent at todays level, Lippi will be playing both him and toni. id rather see cassano with toni up front though. gila and toni are too one simular to my liking.

16. roma/totti

roma/totti Red Card

Dec 14, 2005
    that would be sick, i would like to see the ghana,czechs, and the u.s. try and handle this lineup

17. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Pirlo and Gattuso alone can't hold together a midfield. For Milan Seedorf does a lot of tracking back, and for Italy Camoranesi helps quite a bit. If Totti, Del Piero, and Cassano sacrificed for the team a bit, then that lineup could work theoretically.

18. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    yes he will.

19. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    im pretty sure he was talking about when we play teams that arent too great or we need a goal desperately. obviously Lippi will never play like that unless its a crisis or a certain slaughter.