Curious about the styles of play for:

Discussion in 'Other Divisions' started by ArizonaFußballFan, Apr 12, 2010.

1. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Norwich City
    Millwall
    Leeds United

I am curious for anyone that gets to see them in person or has watched them on tv or by stream for the current squads.

Do they play defensive style, do any of them play open offensive attractive style football?

Any assistance would be useful!:)

2. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I forgot to also mention :

Swindon Town FC

3. JackBastard

JackBastard Member

Jan 21, 2007
    Bridgend
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    I haven't seen them recently but since Jackett's their manager I'm going to assume that Millwall play a pretty standard 4-4-2 with a target man (Neil Harris?), two central midfielders who's job it is to break up play, and two wingers providing the attacking outlets from midfield.

Swindon attempted to play passing football against Exeter on Monday but were left frustrated and resorted to going long in the last ten minutes.

No idea what Leeds are like but Blackpool under Grayson were a teriffic footballing team.

I'd also imagine that with Grant Holt in the side that Norwich would be quite direct.

Anyway, someone who's seen more L1 football than me will be able to give you more information.

4. ArizonaFußballFan

Nov 8, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

that said, thanks for what you have given me. I figure that Norwich have to enjoy the attack with as many goals as they have scored.