Cup tie abandoned as City player collapses

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Leedsunited, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Anyone know more than that?

2. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    From listening to the Radio.

Clarke collapsed at HT and was unconscious. Paramedics were called and he was taken to QMC. He was conscious in the ambulance.

Anything else is speculation.

3. Loop Revil

Loop Revil New Member

Jun 11, 2007
    After the tragedy in Sevilla Tuesday morning, my thoughts are with all Leicester fans, and of course, to Clarke's family.

Good luck.

4. purpleronnie

purpleronnie New Member

May 29, 2006
    I was at the game and I have to say it was quite an emotional night, I think every fan on the night understood the referee's actions and fair play to Nottingham Forest for the way they handled it.

On a seperate note leicester fans took over the night, dissapointing turnout from the forest fans, we played ok but forest played well I thought.

Our thoughts go to the player and his family, hope everything turns out ok.

5. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard a player in Zambia (southern Africa) collapsed today. Jeez...

6. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    It is understood that Clive Clarke had two heart attacks when he collapsed. According to an interview with Milan Mandaric he is making a remarkable recovery.

7. Mad2Ad

Mad2Ad Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Leicester, Uk
    Wel done forest board, however, the forest fans where a disgrace. i mean chating " same old Leicester always cheating", thts a little disrespectfull. i know there dissapointed the match was cancelled but someones life comes above a silly football match.
    im not going to repeat the other chant they were singing as racism is not wanted on this site but the forest fans were a disgrace and should feel ashamed of thereselves.

8. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Yes they are particularly unpleasant of late. They starting singing Istanbul songs to us last weekend topped off with a round of "Billy Bremner is a w*nker". Then they run to the press when some Leeds fans respond by singing the same about Brian Clough, and the press make out it is Dirty Leeds and its nasty horrible fans all over again......:rolleyes: Doesn't surprise me that.

9. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well when you're stuck in League Two and only 10,000 of your fans show up, I guess your left with the dregs that have no class.