Cup Round 6

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Stogey23, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    From the Cup Round 5 thread it looks like there is a record number of BigSoccer HT Teams in Round 6, with several teams making their first appearance!

I'm playing Necroballers of IV.46, a decent team but not as good as my 5th Round opponent. I'm hoping for a victory and a 3rd straight appearance in Cup Round 7 - and hopefully a damn home game!

2. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    1st seasopn in Cup round 6.

I have drawn the Myopic Maurauders of II.1.........My cup runneth over:(

3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I've got the Fantasy Soccer Team, a last place dIV side, in the 6th rd.

this is another winnable game and my third home game, some nice cash. years of underachieving is paying off :)

4. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I drew Nomads, yet another team that should be able to beat me on their ground. I don't expect them to duck like my round 5 opponent did, though, so this should be it for me unless I manage to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

5. romagol10

romagol10 Member

Jul 23, 2003
    CO
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to lose. No doubt in my mind. I drew South Bay Saints of II.4 and they have a walkover on Sunday against G's Goons. Oh well, I beat teams from both IV and III so I'm happy with this season's cup run.

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    real new york plays Dark Shadows from III.2. they're a counterattacking team with some national team-like defensive stats. from their last cup game:

Tactic: Counter-attacks
    Tactic skill: supernatural

Right Defence: supernatural (very high)
    Central Defence: magical (very high)
    Left Defence: extra-terrestrial (high)

:eek: uh, hopefully i can get a special event or two, or i'm gonna get shut out.

7. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The River Rats for me, if he plays his first team, I likely don't stand much of a chance, if I wanna stay in IV this season I need to start concintrating on league.

8. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Back to cup round 6 for the 3rd time in the last 4 seasons.

Up against Prahova Dogs, a middling DIV team. Good midfield, but not much else. Should be a winner.

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    the Dogs are in my series, I think you've got them pegged. I actually play him on the road in the league this weekend, I'm curious where he puts his priorities...

10. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    His priorities for this week: pain, lots of pain! :)

I'll should have all my starters, barring an injury/suspension. Plus I plan to PIC this weekend.

Plan to focus on the league/cup/both?

11. MountainHawk

MountainHawk New Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Salem, MA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back into Round 6 after a 2 season absence, and a win would put me in round 7 for the first time in 9 seasons.

I got Tigers Death FC, whom I think MotSed his last cup match, so I'm hoping I should be in good shape to Normal and win.

12. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think they were in IV.40 with me for a season, en route to auto-back-out after their auto-in.

13. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    well Brian he throttled me 6-1 in the league at his place with a brilliant midfield...since its 2 full levels above anything he's done maybe he MOTS'd.

I'm concentrating on the cup but to drop a 1-6 decision with an excellent midfield on the road kills me. Being in the top dIV is fun!

14. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    wow. just checked out defense ranks at akickku, and Dark Shadows actually have the strongest defense in the nation. now i want to score one just for bragging rights. :p i'm so gonna lose.

15. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    I wondered if you had PIC'd and taken a dive for the cup, tough loss when he didnt out-hat you by that much..

I'm not too surprised he can put up that level mid and it's possible that wasn't a MOTS. He put up a outstanding-high on the road a few weeks back, considering his rates since I'm not sure that outstanding was a MOTS. Either way, I'm not going to risk it and PIC after seeing that brill midfield.

16. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    you know I didnt PIC cause I thought I could slug out a road draw...yeah losing 1-6 when the HS was that close sucks big time. He does seem like a one-trick pony if you could match that midfield.

17. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    All these BS'ers in round 6 and it's so quiet in here...

125196659 15 mins in and just as quiet in my match, very nice 75000 crowd at my opponents place

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my opponent had a sellout at his stadium too, so that's good. I'm pressing with my starters tonight.

19. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Gooooaaalllllll...my crappy SP taker scores a shocking free kick goal. 1-0 good guys.

20. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    down 1-0. :( former youth pull Knowles with the goal.

21. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    hope he didn't celebrate. i'm also down 1-0. he's missed two counterattacks and scored on a normal chance. i'll need a special event to score.

22. BrianJames

BrianJames Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Chicago
    Went up 2-0 and wondered if I could run away with this one, then he answers in the 34th to get back within one...*fingers crossed im not getting killed on possession*

edit - only giving up possession 48 - 52..very good sign. hattrick gods don't fail me now...

23. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I'm tied 1-1, and surprisingly giving up possession. He has a 56% advantage. Guess maybe a PIC wasn't the greatest idea.

LSD Chicago makes it 3-1, good guys.

24. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    down 1-0 at the half with 59% possession. my opponent had two counterattacks go to his empty wing and missed a long shot, but scored on a regular chance through the center. come on winger + head!

25. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    LSD Chicago up 4-1 now.

PB United still tied 1-1. C'mon PB!