Cup Round 2

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Kermmy803, Jan 4, 2006.

1. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matches are up. Post 'em if you got 'em.

Yes, fcsg, that means you as well. :cool:

Vipers - SC Bearkat

On the surface it looks like a very winnable game, but I can expect a MOTS.

2. CharlesS

CharlesS Member

Apr 2, 2002
    Cambridge, MA
    Division IV Htuifoda for me.

Well, it's been a fun Cup. Thanks for the memories.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Play Star Sccer from VI.64. Not a terrible team, pulls inad wing attacks and inad defense, with a formidable counter attack. His midfield though is just as good as the bot I played tonight, disatrious, should be able to win fairly easily with mostly second teamers, but I'll likely throw in one starter or two on the wings on D to stop his forwards towards wing. He's averaged about 110 in his league games and in the cup tonight, he got his team about a year ago as well. Will likely take a screwing by the match engine for me to lose.

4. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    hosting Khino FC of V.15... has been around since '02 but for some reason he has completely disregarded his midfield ever since then as he averages wretched H... should be interesting... my attack is equal to his defense but he has the edge on me going the other way... we'll see how it goes, if i wanna make it to #3 finally i might have to part ways with someone

5. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I'm playing Real madrd (224598) (sic) in a home match.

They're a decent DV team that had a cup of coffee in DIV a couple seasons back. He appears to be a PM trainer with a unimposing 2nd string of trainees. That should give me a chance because his defense and attack are better than mine. I figure to run over his midfield and get a mild cupset in the 2nd round.

6. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    how do I not have my cup match set yet?

7. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Click the "Update with Cache refresh" link on your match page.

Do I have to post it for you? :D

8. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ah, thanks. Cool, I get another bot.

9. YankeeHoo

YankeeHoo New Member

Aug 10, 2004
    NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i got myself a 7th place demotee into dvi... could be a good match, he puts up decent hatstats, but nothing stands out about his team, I should be able to move on to round 3.. but i may have a winnable match in the league.. hmm tough lineup decisions to make this week

10. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Play the Ballin Machines. The team has been around for a while but I don't think has a training program.

11. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I play Oregon Yokozunas (70535), my 2nd 120-plus in a row. I would have preferred a bot!

12. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Hoboken FC is one of our teams right? I got the 8th place team from his division last year and would like a little help.

13. GROVESHSCOACH

GROVESHSCOACH New Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Detroit, Michigan
    Real Vibez United (223019) from V.16

He averages 135 but 45's acros the board. His starters would beat mine in midfield. I have to hope he plays his backups as I will be playing my starters.

14. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    brave ferrets from VI for me -- I should roll, but their ratings are good enough that I don't think I can risk my usual "B" squad 3-4-3. I'm undecided on formation, but I think I can probably use the 3-4-3 as long as I have the right personnel.

15. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I think I might MOTS this match. I think doing so would virtually guarantee me a win and set me up with another home cup match. And my two subsequent league matches are unwinnable.

16. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    at home:

Pale Hose FC - FC Dynamo Los Angeles

and i'm out of the cup!

17. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At home to The St. Louis Spiders.

18. fcsg

fcsg New Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Aye, Sir!

Up against a D.IV team. I think I'll get a pretty bad beating in this one, I have absolutely no business winning it. But I'll take the money, experience, and TS boost from it and be happy ;)

19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    interesting fixture... FLA will be my opponent. I'm a better team, but I will probably have to play a few starters if I want to PIC and I'll need to as week 2 will bring a league match against my major competitor this season and I wan't to MOTS his @ss. Going to be tricky deciding personnel for this match.

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hoboken SC is a guy that posts here now and again, he was in my div last season....diff team.

I drew the Night's Watch FC from VI.1, a newish team with just a 12K arena, damn. Should be an easy pic win with my 2nd string side.

21. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hoboken SC is my team...is that the one you are thinking of?

22. Mr Fish

Mr Fish New Member

Feb 2, 1999
    W. Orange <-> NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've playing at K-Town United (227376) from V.201. He just promoted out of a weak VI league. Got a good feeling.

23. mcfarljd

mcfarljd New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Hoboken FC was in my div last season, V.127, so if your talking about the 8th team (Timbuktu Rockets), then i wouldnt worry at all about them. He barely escaped with those 4 ties last season, including one where my TS was horrible so I PIC'd him to try and knock off another team... averaged poor L midfields and never used a tactic

24. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ

playing OhSnap, the guy's a defensive trainer and that's all he's got-defense. it's really good though so i figure he'll CA against me and i could possibly get kicked out of the cup this round.

25. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Yeah FC not SC was the team I was talking about. Timbuktu is who I drew and he seems to have a pretty decent goalie and forward combo. His wings aren't that great and midfield is so-so but will likely beat mine unless I run a 5-4-1 at him and foresake my attack ratings. While I care about the Cup the league is more important to me and I have a few key matches early in the year so I will be PICing Cup games with my second tier defenders.