Cunningham On Trial With Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Bill Archer, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Truer words were never spoken, if you're chubby, blonde, and live in Frankfurt, Cunty is coming for you.

2. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Myshap brings up a good point about who is stepping in.

Like Bill i would love to bring back Dante, I think it would be brilliant. But, I would be suprised if he isn't making more now playing for Hampton Beach than he could coming back to MLS. Furthermore, you gotta think he would need to be offered considerably more by MLS to leave his family again and come to Columbus. Finally, as myshap stated when talking about who is always ready to step in it is usually for that person to be a younger cat. Cunny and Buddle fit that mold. Frankly, it might be unwaranted but after this season's injuries I don't trust our training squad with someone who is a bit older like Dante. I'd like him back, at the right price, as maybe our fourth forward (not third) cause frankly we will need four when Buddle and BMB keep getting called up next year.

So I guess that leaves the draft for us or some trades.

3. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Cunny is a Chubby Chaser?

4. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Might explain why he's stayed here in Cowlumbus for so long...

Sorry, but some micro-penised dreck from another forum would have eventually waddled in here and said the exact same thing... Might as well beat them to the punch.

5. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You'd be wrong.

I spent two years in Germany, and I've got one word for you about younger German women:

Amazons.

Tall, fit, and very few sexual inhibitions. (Of course, when I say "fit," I don't mean Zak's definition of "fit." I mean "sugar and spice and legs like a vise.")

6. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    I was commenting on the proportion of fat chicks that would want to fck a soccer player, not the proportion of fat chicks to the general population.

7. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, I see.

Still, I don't think that his being a soccer player hurts his chances with fat chicks. Fat chicks aren't that discriminating, which makes them great for breaking out of slumps.

The only way Cunningham COULDN'T score with a fat chick is if he has the worst lingo in the history of mankind.

8. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    New Jersey
    True true. But I'm sure "Shut up and suck it" will work a lot better in Germany. And besides, we're not talking about someone who's know for putting in extra effort.

9. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Cunningham started today for Frankfurt in their exhibition match against Bielefeld. had no impact and was subbed out at the 65 minute mark. Frankfurt lost 1-0.

10. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Perhaps he isn't match fit after the long MLS season?

11. HectorM

HectorM Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Pittsburgh
    Naw, he's just pissed that Markus Beierle gets more attention than he does. Jeff carried the team but just doesn't get the love.

12. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Or prehaps he's on a new team, playing for the first time in an exhibiton game after just getting there and he doesn't speak the same language as his teamates.

Or prehaps no one watched or even saw this game on this board and therefore, can't say wheather or not he was or wasn't effective.

No something like that never affects Cunningham. He other scores 12 goals a game or he was compleate shite because it was obvious he wasn't working hard enough because he didn't get that 13th goal.

The Beast is dead, he's away from your Lord and Savior McBride. Is it at all possible to wish him luck and leave him in peace?

13. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    You're right. I didn't see the game. But I actually went to the Eintracht web page and read the freaking report about the match - the little to it that was there. And they were the ones that said that he was ineffective and was subbed out after 65 minutes. They didn't say he was tired or that he had a great game and was unlucky. They said he was ineffective. They also said that the rest of the team (including about 3-4 starters) also played like crap letting Bielefeld dominate play.

Now, the fan forums question Cunningham being there when there are other options with much more experience to their liking. There's a thread there where most of the comments are questioning the signing if it ever happens (like we do with Crew management). They have two other players in mind (one Polish) that they'd prefer to have signed.

14. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    i went to the webpage just today, and the background music on the site is a cool little song by their supporters. i liked it.

http://www.eintracht.de/

15. TheImposter

TheImposter Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Centerville, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Das ist bitchin'!

16. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Ussocceruk.com reporting that he is not going to get an offer

http://www.ussocceruk.com/news/?CatTypeId=2&ContentId=1076

17. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it just me, or wouldn't it seem like Germany is about the last place Cunningham would fit in?

He's been to Allemania Aachen, Bayer Leverkusen, and Eintracht Frankfurt over the last couple of years, has the briefest trial imaginable and gets dumped.

Has he or his agent ever seen a German game? What about the way Cunny plays do they think will appeal to them? Hello?

He's a Jamaican, hair-on-fire one-v-one burner. They play a very structured, disciplined, organized Germanic style that bears no resemblance whatever to Cunningham's methods.It's not a slam on Jeff, it's just a fact.

How many more German trials do you think it will take before they figure this out?

18. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't get why he keeps on trying to break through in Germany either, it makes no sense to me really.

A few days back though I saw on the front page of SkySports.com that Mathis was being looked at by 4 clubs from the premeirship. Is Mathis really that much better that coming off two subpar seasons he gets four looks from the Premeirship and Jeff doesn't even get a sniff?

19. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'd imagine National team play has a lot to do with that. Even if Cunningham wanted to go to England, he couldn't because he doesn't have the Nat appearences to get a work permit.

Really has Germany worked for any recent Americans. It seems to me they all get sent back without even a chance to show what they have. Bayer Leverkusan is the worst of the bunch. What they had Donovan, Hejduk, DiGimarino, Cunningham had a breif sniff as well. You have players like Twellman that get sent back and Gibbs and Conor Casey that have to go to a 2 Budesliga teams because the Bundesliga team that got them wouldn't play them. The only Americans I can think of that have stuck with Bundesliga teams recently are Sahnna and Churundelo.

As for Cunningham, if I were him, I'd try to get a spot on a top Swedish or Belgium ect. like team that consistently gets into the Champion's League. That's the best way to gain exposer for one of the top leagues to pick you up if you perform. I think France would be a good fit for Cunningham as well.

20. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Gee, I'm better at guessing these things then I thought if this is true from a Matchnight poster from Belgium. I posted the first message here and then went over there to see what's going on and low and behold this:

Question about Cunningham

21. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Jeff is good enough to get much playing time at Club Brugge.

We'll need to write FSW and tell them to pick up the Belgian league.

22. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That's a damn good oppurtunity for Cunningham. Thing is Club Brugge is a damn good club. They aren't in the Champions League for now reason. They beat Milan 1-0 in Milan. Surely, they are better than Frankfurt.

You gotta wonder how Cunningham can break through in Brugge if he couldn't with lesser teams in Germany. Hopefully Brugge gives him a nice,long, and fair look unlike this last stop. They haven't been scoring goals at an alarming rate in the CL at all, but I have no idea how they have been doing in league this year. How in need are they for a striker.

23. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'd imagine he got the look at Club Brugge because his agent has several options laid out for him like a good agent should with a player out of contract. He first took Cunningham to a Bundesliga team because the league is more presteges probalby a little more money too even for a bottom rung team, now he's taking him to a smaller league, but a bigger club with a chance to get noticed if he makes the team and performs. If he doesn't stick there I'd imagine his agent will take him to Sweden, since there were reports that some teams were interested there.

I checked their website, not that I could read anything. Put I got that they are in 4th place in Belgium with like 21 points after 12 games. How many Belgium teams qualifiy for the CL and the UEFA? I have no idea how they are doing in the CL. I also checked their roster and that's not too hard to decipher the positions and stuff. They have like 6 forwards on their roster, so if he's going to make the club I guess he's going to have to displace one of them.

Here's their website:
    http://www.clubbrugge.be/News/News.aspx

24. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    That's a hell of a CL group to be in, although it seems they have their destiny in their own hands. With remaining matches against CDV, and Ajax. If they were to win those two they would have 10 points. The most Ajax could get is 9 and CDV 8.

Taking a look at this roster it might be possible that CB is bringing Cunningham in to play midfield not forward.