Cuban legion moving towards Charleston

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by ccuba71, Feb 2, 2010.

1. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    A close source to the cubans players inform me that several cuban players heading to Charleston, next weekend should be on town Dayron Marin (goalkeeper, who played for the cuban national sub-20) and also the midfielder Eders Roldan one of the Sub 23 that left the team in Tampa so Anhaeuser can take a first look to them.
    The same source tell me that Anhaeuser want the folling players joint the club for the preseason: Yenier Bermúdez, Loannis Cartaya (Defensive midfielder), Pedro Faife and may be Erlys Garcia.

2. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bermudez might still be under contract and Faife was here on trial last year, but showed up out of shape and later signed with Miami.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i liked faife (well the 30 min of so that he played before being out of breath)

i plan on heading out to watch the trials so Ill see what I can dig up while out there and see how they look

4. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For what I been tall Anhaeuser has Bermúdez and Faife in his plans, highly probably for the start 11's, he want to take a look to the other ones, I can't tell you that Cartaya is a doberman, excellent defensive midfielder, Erlys in pretty good central defender that can be play also in the right side of the defence.
    Eders one of the best left atacking midfielders that I have seen come from Cuba, skillfull and has goal too, so he can easy play as a foward.
    I hope be next week on the trials and look closely the boys, I hope must of them can made the team for next season

5. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  6. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cheers, quite alot of info on there too. Hopefully we'll see the Battery highlight on there a few times this year.

Mikey

7. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Dayron and Eders already on town tomorrow al noon them will begin the try-outs

8. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cuba...very impressive. You've got to make a match in charleston this year so we can meet you.....Beaufort is less than 2 hours away.

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im going to try to head down there this afternoon, weather permitting. I've lived in upstate NY, Colorado and South Dakota, but if we get anywhere near the 2-6" of snow they are calling for starting this afternoon, I dont want to be near a South Carolina Road!

10. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will try for the Carolina Cup, I been unlucky with my travel to Charleston, I save this weekend to go and support the kids but my wife had an emergency surgery so I have to stay over here

11. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Should be snow tonight, the first cuban (Eders Roldán) played already, his team lost 0:5 but for the information that I received he was the best of his team

The other one Dayron Marin (Goalkeeper) is supouse to play at 16:00

12. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didnt make it today, my kids got out of school early. we are supposed to get between 2-6" and it is sticking now. They say it should clear off tomorrow morning by 9 or so. First match on Saturday is supposed to 10am and Im going to try and get there for that....

13. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well Dayron call me and he kind of upset because he made couple of mistakes, he was really nervous because is his first try-out for professional soccer team, neither of his mistakes finish on goal, but he was really uoset and worry

Tomorrow at 0900, goalkeeper practice amd after that the games

14. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard Dusty was going to be there for keeper training.

15. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I went to Charleston today just to found out that them suspended de combine because the snow. Like I say before I have not good luck with my travels to Charleston.

I talk with Dayron and Roldán and them tell me that will be another combine in March for invitation only, so them have to wait for the coach.

For what they tell me some of the players on yhe combine got really mad with the suspension.

Look that Roldan really impress to Aunhauser and Dayron still got a shot.

Bermúdez in other side is in Alaska right now and should be on town next month.

Also I tall with the person that represent the cubans and he tell me that probably Faife, Cartaya aand Erly García may be will be on March Combine.

16. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    were you the one I saw at teh stadium today ccuba? I was the other guy wandering around the stadium wondering what was going on...

Sucks about the trial, but looking at the field there really wasnt much choice. I had over 5 inches of snow at my house and aI heard they had over 8 inch 5 miles north of me....

17. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I headed straight to the hotel and spent some time talking with Dayron and Roldan and another friend.

Them call me went I was under way to Charleston to tell me about the suspension. So if you stop by the hotel I was the bold guy with a can walker talking in spanish in the lobby :)

It was way more snow in Charleston than around my house in Beaufort

18. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bermudez is on the roster of 9, that we have signed right now. Faife is waiting to see. if Miami is going to resign him, is what I was told.

19. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Bermúdez will be in the start XI that is a fact, Aunhauser wants him as a titular, Neither Faife or Alcantara are in the Miami plans, for what I been talk. So no be surprise is Faife in yellow and black this season

20. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coach said there was 4.1" of snow measured on Saturday morning and unlike in Europe, we don't have undersoil heating

21. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    But the time I made it the snow was almost gone, but I sow some pictures of the pitch and was really cover, impossible to play on it

22. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well last news in cubans. Eders Roldán will be in town next week for the trials, look like Anhauser like the skillful cuban, He would like take a second look on Dayron the goalkeeper, but he just sign with the River Plate Ponce to play the Caribbean Champions League

23. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good news for Eders. Hopefully we will see a few players signings over the next week or so. This is the time of year I start getting antsy, this year more so with everything that has gone on in the off season.

I'd love to find out who else is goin to be at the invite trials. I might have to do some driving by the practice fields over the next few days....

24. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I will try to found out is other cubans will be on the trials.

25. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For what I heard, Anhousser dreams with bring to Charleston the Cuban goalkeeper Jose "Pepe" Miranda (the same that played against USA in the Tampa Pre-olympic). The only problem is that Chivas USA want to sign him as third Goalkeeper.
    For what I been talk the interest for “Pepe” is so big that Anhousser will ask to the Chivas to obtain the player as a loan for this season