Cuba-USA: Crew Version [R]

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by DGA57, Jul 7, 2005.

1. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    HT in Seattle. Hejduk started at RB in a three man line with Conrad and our old friend Sanneh. Davis left, Quaranta right, Armas at DM. Casey and Beasley on top and Hahneman in goal. Olsen is in the middle with someone else (that's how much that guy has been visible).

1-1 with a Cuban goal courtesy of a turnover and More sneaking in behind charity case Sanneh. He looked 45 years old trying to clear the cross, raised his right leg, missed by a couple of yards and More one-timed it home. Tying goal by Dempsey who beat the offside trap on a chip by Beasley, chested it down and put it to the left of the keeper.

Ugly game so far. Bruce must have watched "Coaching 101" by Greg Andrulis. His team, at home against an underdog, is passing the ball sideways and back. One, maybe two good chances in the half.

It better get good quick as it's already almost midnight. If I'm staying up, I want to see a 5-1 score at the end.

2. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    where is it telecast - cable or satelite?

3. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TW blows.

That's all.

Also, I hate not being able to watch this.

Oh, and Sanneh sucks. Why Arena can't see this is beyond me. Group Olsen and Armas in with the "suckage" group.

I want highlight clips when this match is over.

4. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Well, I'll have to live with a 4-1 final. Cuba down to 10 men at the 50 minute man. That Cuban player became my favorite player all-time. Got studs up into Ben (DC Scum) Olsen's chest and gave the USA a 1-man advantage. A two-fer.

Free kick by Donovan late (over a 7 man wall, inside netting to the right of the keeper). Then they stole off the kickoff and Beasley beat the keeper 1v1. Then Dempsey to Beasley in the box across to Donovan for the easy tap in.

And I found out today that Hejduk can actually cross the frikkin ball. Two crosses in 1 minute that should have ended in the net. First to Quaranta (another DC Scum) who slips with the ball at his feet 6 yards from goal. Then they get it back and he feeds Donovan who tries to dummy and Dempsey hits it over the bar (they called Baby Jesus with a handball off a slight deflection).

5. DGA57

DGA57 Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Dublin, OH
    Only DISH has Telefutura.

6. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek:

7. DRWCrew

DRWCrew Member

Aug 11, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'Twas a thing of beauty. Ben Olsen is crap.

8. 9 Rush

9 Rush Member

Sep 9, 2004
    C'bus
    The main point to raise about last night's game is... Can Zak remember it???

US were lucky, Cuba were better than expected, Zak's kareoke performance was the game's highlight.

9. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I was going to say the same thing, if not for a stunning performance of "People Are People" the night would've been a total waste. Literally, one of the few things I remember is the Cuba lad literally giving someone the Hulk Hogan boot to the chest.

10. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    it was the most exciting karaoke performance ever.

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Zak, does this rival your renditionm of Personal Jesus? Or the 4-5 words you remembered of Suffragette City before I needed to rescue your drunk ass?

12. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I thought the best part was Placid telling us Yanks to shut the hell up and watch the game.

Oh and the utter contempt the bar girl had in her eyes when my tab only came out to one 2.50 beer. In my defense before I thought about the card, I bought two beers at the bar waiting for the game to start with cash and Zak bought me one as well. I meant to buy a round, but I kept missing the chances. Maybe they'll let me have a rain check on that.

Anyway I felt so bad for the little girl I gave her a 5.00 tip on a 2.50 beer as a thank you for finding the game for us.

13. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are there highlights anywhere of the match, yet?

14. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    There are links to the goals in the US Mens forum.

Best of luck wading thru the crap to find them. I dont have the links anymore.

15. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So there's definately lniks to the goals? Ok. If I find them, I'll report back.

16. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    Check the first few pages of the post-game thread.

17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, someone made it easy to find the Donovan goal clip...

I just did a search in the US Analysis for the word "link"..

And that Donovan goal file did not play. Bastards.

Edit: Am I the only one who's not being able to view the goals? Maybe it's the application I'm running them on?

18. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, you should be able to download the entire match from http://torrents.huntparkinsider.com/ by tomorrow morning.

19. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    It's an AVI - you have to use DIVX or get the codec downloaded for WMP from the DIVX site.

20. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't tried to watch the clip, but what is your failure mode? Is it an AVI file, and you have sound but no audio? If that's the case, you need to go to www.xvid.org and download the codec there.

21. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Showing me, yet again, just why I love my fellow Crew fans. God bless.

English, please.... :D

22. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops - fid beat me to it.