Cuba National team news and players - [R]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by soccer krazy, Mar 7, 2008.

1. siebenw

siebenw Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Würzburg, Germany
    I don't know who is. Yasnier La Rosa saw much game time during the gira. If Virulo should be the last name, it could be Luis Villegas. But you marked him as a midfield player, so it could be Lázaro Alfonso, Alianis Urgellés, Alaín Cervantes o Yoel Colomé. Do you know his shirt number?

2. siebenw

siebenw Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Würzburg, Germany
    I looked up http://www.kurier.at/sportundmotor/162200.php
    and I reconized Yosvani Caballero on the action picture from the game against Austria. I also reconized (wiedererkennen) him at the picture at http://www.oefb.at/show_berichtdetail.php?ber_id=10778&fpid=284
    standing on the left wearing shirt number 4. So Yusvani Caballero (FC Ciudad La Habana) played against Austria. But to me, it is hard to believe that Fanz made only 2 changes in 120 Minutes, perhaps he wanted to test his best team, but perhaps the line-up changes are uncomplete.

3. siebenw

siebenw Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Würzburg, Germany
  4. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That was my major surprise in that line-up even if he wants to test he best team, at least he should be made 3 changes

5. jonny63

jonny63 Member+

Feb 17, 2005
    Norway
    June 7

Cuba - St Vincent & the Grenadines 1-0

Cuba scored in 90 th minute, anybody who know more about this friendly match ?

6. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well, if not to much information about this game. The only things that I found are that Roberto Linares scored the only goal of the game. The goal was scored in the first half but not sure in which minute because the cuban newspaper Juventud Revelde says at 7 when the Granma says was in the 10. The other thing that I found was that Linares was replaced by Leonel Duarte in the second half

7. cubafutbol

cubafutbol New Member

May 29, 2008
    Thanks for the info guys, Virulo could be one of the white-funny-looking guys, there was a comedian who was skinny, nosy and white whose nickname was Virulo:)

8. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    La selección nacional cubana tenía previsto un ligero entrenamiento en Jamaica hoy antes de salir hacia Antigua y Barbuda donde debutará el martes en la segunda ronda de la eliminatoria mundialista de fútbol de Norte, Centroamérica y el Caribe.
    La confrontación en Saint John será también el estreno oficial del técnico alemán Reinhold Fanz al frente del equipo tricolor que partió en la mañana de este miércoles.
    La nómina coincide con la que saltó a la cancha en el amistoso frente a San Vicente y Las Granadinas el pasado sábado. En el arco, Danny Quintero y Julio Aldama; defensas: Yenier Márquez, Yusmani Caballero, José Luis Clavelo, Reyxande Fernández, Silvio Pedro Miñoso, Juan Carlos Martínez, Kenier Dranguet; volantes: Jaine Colomé, Pedro Faife, Lázaro Alfonso, Luis A. Villegas, Hensy Muñoz, Joel Colomé; delanteros: Leonel Duarte, Reynier Alcántara, Roberto Linares.
    Uno de los mejores jugadores cubanos, Alain Cervantes, quedó en casa por la suspensión de dos partidos internacionales pero podrá reincorporarse en el encuentro de vuelta el 22 de junio en La Habana.

9. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    Could someone provide a list of everyone who has defected
    in the last 2 years from the CMNT?

It would be tough to do, but Cuba should allow them to play
    for the team in WCQs, at least in the away matches. It would be
    a kind gesture.

10. el_cuscatleco

el_cuscatleco Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Cuba's wiki page for their football team has some information, click here.

Hope it helps :)

11. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Does anyone know if there will be a stream for the Antigua match?

12. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Its 2-2 in the first half

Tiran Williams and Kerry Skepple for Antigua

13. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The Colomé Brothers for Cuba. FIFA has some errors in the cuban line-up. Odelín Molina, are not with the team

14. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    4-3 to Cuba

15. Jedda

Jedda Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Boden, Sweden
    Is this confirmed anywhere else than the FIFA website? Can't seem to trust it when they don't have the complete info with goalscorers and so.

16. BBC_

BBC_ Member

Jan 5, 2005
    London
    I did not get the result from the FIFA website.

The Final score was 4-3.

17. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Match was on radio and they've been giving updates on Antigua TV...it was 4-3

18. cubafutbol

cubafutbol New Member

May 29, 2008
    Thay will never allow the so called defectors to play under the current regime, it's a big shame though

19. cubafutbol

cubafutbol New Member

May 29, 2008
    Did anyone watch the game? It seems that the result was a bit short against a team that's supposed to be below our level of competition

20. ccuba71

ccuba71 Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Miami, Fl
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The result is not bad if we look the results of the big teams of the area when then played in those little islands, check CR result 2:2 against Granada, same result for Honduras when them play in PR. The big concern for me is the defense, we never should allow 3 goals

21. shinpath

shinpath Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Shanghai, PR China
    Club:
    --other--
    fifa.com report
    Cuba managed a slim win over Antigua and Barbuda in a 4-3 goal feast in St. John's.

Kerry Skepple, who scored in a recent friendly with St. Kitts, grabbed the opener for the home side in only the 9th minute of the first leg of the CONACACAF region's second round of qualifying for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™. Cuba's Jaine Valencia drew level just a minute later, but Skepple struck again shortly after in the 13th minute to put the hosts up. Cuban Yoel Colome equalised in the 22nd minute, and Valencia made it 3-2 for Cuba with his second of the night on 74 minutes.

The home crowd at the Sir Vivian Richards Cricket Stadium thought their side had earned a share of the points when Tyio Simon made it 3-3 in the 81st minute, but Leonel Pla silenced the supporters for good to give the Cubans a 4-3 win with just five minutes to go.

22. cubafutbol

cubafutbol New Member

May 29, 2008
    You've got a good point there, Grenada almost beat CRC. Let's pray for a better result in our headquarters of Pedro Marrero.

23. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm sure Cuba will pick up a big win in Havana, I wouldn't worry so much.

Be great to see Cuba in the hex and looking at their potential group it's very doable.

24. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Anyone got a link for the game right now?