Cual sera la Seleccion Mexicana para el 2006?

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by JuanRulfo, Oct 28, 2004.

1. melman152003

melman152003 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Chi-Town
    Yeah take Moises Munoz out he is not even that good.He makes a lot of mistakes remember the Mexico game against Guatemala??

2. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Not only that but it seems like people's entire rosters here are Lavolpe-based.

One can argue "yeah, well that's the actual coach" but it isn't etched in stone that he'll partake in Germany 2006.

I'd only take about 15 max. from that list and add others.

You're right about that last line. Just because Lavolpe calls a player up, it doesn't necessarily mean he's any good.

Case in point: Rafael "Chiquis" Garcia.

3. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mario Perez has not really impressed me. proly has to do with America sucking :p . if the guy's level of play gets better, and it should, then i will add him. Borgetti is pretty much finished. i wanna see Joaquin Beltran get called up. and who knows what could happen within the next 2 years with Marco Antonio Parra and Santiago Fernandez playing in Europe and all.

4. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  5. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

LMvCP has been saying that for a while.

6. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Add borgetti just for the hell of it!!! LOL thats funny like hes no one important just go along for the trip!!! But for some reason I think la volpe likes borgetti correct me if I am wrong??? and what about zinha as well?

7. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What are you going on about?

8. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Like I said before, to hell with Zinha. Yes, Borgetti just for the hell of it, Just like Hernandez and Campos in WC 02, except that Borgetti may come in handy a bit more than Hernandez and Campos in WC 02.

9. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hernandez and Campos provided intelligent insight for the newer players and sparked plenty of passion and intensity which in turn elevated morale within the squad. Borguetti, on the otherhand, often thinks of himself first, teammates later.

10. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Who would you suggest then?

11. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Oh dear.

I've posted my take on both Lavolpe-selected players and possible selections that haven't been made yet in this thread's initial pages.

As it stands, I cannot accurately suggest any 2006 roster as the coach in question is not of my suiting and his player callups are at times out of the blue. But if you want to call me out, which is cute, here are some definite slots I can assess at the moment.

GK Oswaldo Sanchez
    GK Guillermo Ochoa (My entry in the CONCACAF thread briefly explains why.)
    CB Rafael Marquez
    LB/LW Jaime Lozano
    DM Gerardo Torrado
    AM Cuauhtemoc Blanco

Anything else is a tossup but I do have some wishes.

A. Medina, Jesus Arellano, Ramon Morales, Braulio Luna (there's your experience/mentor) and Joaquin Beltran.

More will come as these next set of competitions play out.

A change in coach would open up the floodgates at which point I'm sure alot of posters could make a more probable prediction.

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    How i wish that was true :(

The only thing Hernandez did was disrupt the teams harmony.. As much as i like goldi locks he shouldnt of been called up to the Japorea squad simply because he was no longer one of mexicos top 23 players.. Hernandez had also been campaigning against Gabriel Caballero being on the nat team that many times i believe he was called up just so that he would shut his trap. . Anyways with Hernandez now in el Tri, one of the more deserving players that suffered was Palencia who had made many merrits to warrent more playing time during the World Cup..

Campos was another one of the pity call ups.. part of me strongly believes that it is el Brodys along with Hernandez sponserships deals that kept them in the national team. If the sponsers have the faces of the above mentioned players in their ad's and products then it only makes sense to have them in the WC squad when their comercials would air, same with Aspe, anyone see his commercials with Guillet. Although Aspe had the testicular fortitude that the Tricolor had been lacking, but he was injured just before the start of the WC and Torrado was the new Aspe.. Still el Beto had made some merrits busting his balls in WCQ., he alone would of been enough to spark the passion and show the noobs how to sweat the Tricolor..

Now we have Borgetti, one of our most consistent goal poachers in the league and national team. Should he be called up to the 2006 world cup, well depends.. It is not looking too promising for us in the striker department, both Borgetti and Blanco are not only getting older but significantly slower.. We have to place our hopes on Kikin Fonseca who has yet to play in a meaningfull match. Our other strikers havent shown much, and that sad for me to say because those are my boys im talking about, Bofo and Bravo are irregular.. So who is left ? Marquez Lugo, Cacho, or Santana. It is no wonder that Lavolpe is looking in the general direction of, dare i say it, Franco and Gaytan !!!

13. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

Braulio Luna are you sure? He's been kind of Rusty the last times!!

14. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ugh.

Their inclusion into the squad is not the topic; it's what they contributed in the month leading up to Croatia.

Luis Hernandez, despite his bad apple allegations, still ignited passion within the squad as a means to increase morale. Whether or not the camp was split in two is a different issue. This is where Palencia comes in. I fully understand that Campos and Hernandez were most likely called up because of sponsorship as Aguirre had stated he would rid the national team of the princesas millonarias and call in people with huevos. He heavily attacked these players crediting them with the majority of the dismal performances under a softspoken Enrique Meza. Who exactly made Aguirre unwillingly bring in the two is a different matter altogether. Moreover, I don't see how Palencia's benchwarming charade was a direct result of Luis' incorporation as it was revealed throughout numerous press outlets that Vasco and Palencia had a bustup after the Tokyo Verdy match.

As for Aspe, his selection had long been overdue. Leading up to the USA match, his quality form was the discussion throughout the media much like Noriega. He quickly showed his worth in providing the assist to Jared. Having said that, I don't attribute his time on the bench to his injury but more to Vasco's coaching prowess. Torrado was simply on a different playing field, not to mention the obvious age and/or fitness advantage.

15. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    It is not a diffrent issue.. .You do not call up a player to increase morale knowing that he can split up camp.. and if you are Aguirre and your balls are the size of grapefruits you dont need a brody or the l'Oreal blond to ignite passion. You ever hear his pre game speech before the US match.. i listed to it two minths after that match and i was ready to jump on the field, then i remembered i was at home sitting in the couch.. He had me at hello.

You understand they were called in because of sponseship deals yet you claim they were there to ignite passion ? which is it sparky..

Even Temoc had been on the rag so its difficult to say what exactly caused the break up but im quite certain Palencia was ticked off at losing playing time minutes to Hernandez.. who also had the backing of Temoc..

16. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :rolleyes:
    Care to reread the thread?

You'd notice that some idiot said Jared should be in Germany just for the hell of it like Campos and Hernandez in '02, as he is supposedly more useful, which in turned sparked my carefully worded defense of the two as not being completely useless. Argue their inclusion or not, that is not my quandry.

But thanks for trying to sound informative again, Loc.

17. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    So let me get this straight.. You undesrtand that Brody and el Matador were called up because of sponsership, yet they still ignited passion to the squad, care to elaborate how they went about doing so.. Did brody wear his tecnicolor keeper suit to practice for games of shoot the flamer.. did Hernandez host any orgies in jenju..

18. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Read that over again.

Now read it once more.

Okay.

Maybe some ingles sin barreras would do you good.

But to answer your unnecessary question..

It is possible that their selection to the final roster was shady. Hey, I agreed with the idea. And it is possible that already there, they did end up serving some purpose, however little it may be. In this case, I'd say they provided plenty of good times as they are funny individuals and plenty experienced. Last point of reference, I never said they were called up for morale boosting. Where you pick up such notions is odd.

Delete yourself.

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    They provided laughs eh. thats nice to know, carry on. . :)

20. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Some idiot? Excuse me son, If I remember correctly all the did was sit on the bench. And if VS is correct, which I don't doubt he is, they were only there because of sponsorship deals, which yes, you guessed correctly, made them completely useless. Carry on fellow dumbass.

21. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Luis Hernandez got some playing time which seemed odd to me because Aguirre never really needed him dutriong WCQ, and Palecncia who scored one of the match winners against the Hondus and had been a Copa Libertadores leading goal scorer was sitting on the bench getting less pt than a MLS reject..

El Brody, i dont really know what the hell he was doing there, he was also an MLS reject.. But i dont agree that they would incite passion when many players from Aguirres camp knew the situation these two came in. Luis Hernandez talking sh'te about Aguirres compadre Caballero, and what would el Brody joke about ? is there any doubts why Aguirre no longer wants to return to Mexico, were Brodys jokes that bad ?

22. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    I don't seem to remember El Matador playing in the WC. It look like Luis and Brody were only there to piss Aguirre off, aside from their sponsorships. Perhaps if Palencia would have gotten some playing time in the WC, he wouldn't be in the situation that he's in right now, but that's a different story.

23. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA
    Thats kinda of true in a way!!

24. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    I seem to remember he did play a few minutes in one game, but I'm not sure.

25. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    i just heard that Nery Castillo does want to suit up afterall...

screw him