CT Gooners....(stamford)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by juanca, Sep 12, 2007.

1. YoungGunn4

YoungGunn4 New Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Yo im new to this site CT gooner from Norwalk. does any1 know of arsenal v milan or brimingham will be shown in tigins or rawleys?? Me n my cuz will be there if so! plz let me know.

2. kemgooner

kemgooner New Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Connecticut
    hey any other gooners at uconn out there?

just wondered if anyone would want to get to get together and watch the CL match tomarrow.

3. Cheeks31

Cheeks31 New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wallingford, CT
    BUMP!!

Want to reawaken this thread. I am new to the site and a rather new Arsenal fan. My buddy has gotten me into it and I love it. So i live in Wallingford but work in Stamford. I am wondering if any of you guys are still around and if anyone wants to get together tomorrow at 3 somewhere in Stamford to watch the Arsenal V Ajax match. Any advice on where to go would be appreciated! Hope to meet some fans soon and enjoy the match.

EDIT - So I was just informed that tomorrow's match will probably not be televised but still would love to meet some fellow fans in the near future. Who's out there??

4. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I live in Wallingford too! Weird...

Um I can't help you out on the Stamford thing, but for big games I always go to Anna Liffey's in New Haven. We'll be there bright and early on opening day. The soccer club there has been steadily growing, always a good group of knowledgable fans.

5. Cheeks31

Cheeks31 New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wallingford, CT
    I may not be very knowledgeable, but I am working on it! I was going to try to go down to NYC for opening day but I will keep this place in mind if I don't. Thanks for posting and hopefully we can get a group together sometime soon in New Haven!

6. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    See you're lucky there Cheeks31 - because there's no train or bus from Hartford that will get there for 7:30 AM - that sucks so much...Guess it'll be me and cousin Setanta opening day unless FSC has an ephiphany on the noontime matches...

7. Cheeks31

Cheeks31 New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wallingford, CT
    Hartford to New Haven wouldn't be too bad. Plus I am sure there has to be a following in Hartford. But honestly, if I had the channel on my sofa in my boxers is how I would enjoy the game!!

8. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    That definitely can work.

Actually Hartford seems pretty dead - the sports bars here do grr=eat business but not for soccer really. The Half Door looked promising but gave it up. Vaughan's woul;d have seem made for it, but I think too many people don't want to come into town on Saturday or Sunday mroning - not enough to justify them buying the matches, anyway...

Its just tricky because I don't drive - I have a seizure disorder. I haven't had any in like a decade - touch wood - but they couldn't determine the cause so I am still taking the medication as they can't be 100% certain I no longer will have them - oh well...

But that makes the trip even to New Haven trickier than it ought to be unfortunately...

BTW just try Setanta Broadband - its good for the matches that FSC won't carry, and only 15 a month just like the TV - or it was last year - I have to renew myself. Between that and ESPN 360 for the Champions League and FSC I got to watch tons of matches last year, and plenty of them from just woke up...

9. Cheeks31

Cheeks31 New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wallingford, CT
    Yea I have to look into Setana. I have comcast at home so I am not sure I can grab 360 there but I should be able to at work. I will have to figure something else out for those games on the weekend.

Well good luck with trying to figure out what ails you and enjoy the game this weekend. Gunners are going to put on an amazing display of passing and controlling the ball again!

10. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The best part about games at Anna Liffey's is that they have traditional fry-ups (they call it Irish Breakfast), and even better is this thing called the hangover helper. Goes great with a pint of Smithwick's at 10 AM :)

11. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    Cheers - we know what ails me - that we just don't know :D Anyway Maybe I'll run into you at Nevada's sometime....

12. Cheeks31

Cheeks31 New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wallingford, CT
    FabregasTED - Please enlighten me as to what FryUps are. I mean anything fried sounds delicious so I may have to make the trip out just for that. Reason I can't commit 100% is because I have to do some work on my car that day. I am honestly a bit worried about having too much "fun" out with you guys.

And what's Nevada's?? Some place in Hartford?

Here's to making new friends in CT!! CHEERS!:D

13. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    Nevada's God, no! I wish Though ;) Its Manhattan 73 3rd Avenue - its owned by a manc who a good sort of Manc , and draws tons of Gooners when we're on TV. The matches with United or Chelsea or the North London Derby Days can be utterly brilliant....

14. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    I have to make it down to a match at Nevada's this year. And make an occasional at Tigin's. But with a 4 month old, FSC and Setanta at home, I'm not going to be going out for games liked I used to.

What about that Irish place in Wallingford? Forgot what it was called when I was in school there, but now I think it's old dublin?

15. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  16. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It is the Old Dublin, and they're not football friendly. Too bad, I've spent many a drunk nights on that couch...dirty as it may be.

17. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Congrats on the 4mo old! I remember those days :)

Last time I had a 4mo old, it was late December 2001. We were tied for 1st place with...
    ...Newcastle!
    And only 1 point ahead of...
    ...Leeds!!
    Gives you a little perspective on how fortunes can change, huh? Anyway it was a great year and I remember watching a Ray Parlour screamer at Cardiff which began our last double.

18. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    wow, its been ages since ive seen this thread, i searched for it once but couldnt even find it, but im glad to see some action here.

19. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    I was there many moons ago - 95. I think it was called Kenny g's back then. My dad was friends with the owner and he'd serve me even though I was in high school. gtrab a couple of pints and head back to campus.

20. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    Thank you! I soooo thought we would win the league the year she was born. she was born at the end of March, so if we were 8 points clear like we should have been, well, let's just say Kolo would have been a nice name for a girl...
    However, I can say her lucky PJs brought the NBA championship back to boston!!:p

21. Cheeks31

Cheeks31 New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wallingford, CT
    Yea honestly I didn't even find the thread. A buddy of mine found it. The fact that there is activity on here is awesome because I would love to get a group of us together for a match and go support.
    Come to think of it, I had gone to Nevada's last year to see Arsenal play Barcelona but the line was ridiculous and we ended up watching the game in the village. I do agree that I have heard that place is great to watch the game though!

22. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT
    Just bumping this so its not impossible to find....

23. Cheeks31

Cheeks31 New Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Wallingford, CT
    Good call Martin. Listen up fellas! August 23rd against Fulham. Anyone down to meet up in New Haven? My buddy Kirbo (KirbyNYC for you guys) is coming to visit and obviously we want to see the game. Would love to get a small (or large) group together and meet some fellow fans. Let's discuss and hopefully set something up. I figured more notice is better than less.

Go on you GUNNERS!

24. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Cheeks with the rallying call. Nice one. How bout it CT Gooners?!

25. 3rd_I

3rd_I Member

Oct 17, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm in....name the location