CT Gooners....(stamford)

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by juanca, Sep 12, 2007.

1. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    I haven't been there this season at all. I usually go there on CL days but I've been in the city working on stuff so most of the times I'm down at Nevada's. I'll probably go to Nevadas for the Man U game as well just cause it'll be packed and the atmosphere will be real good. On the other hand there are no Toasties at Nevadas :(

2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed the atmosphere will be better there. But I only go there if I happen to be staying in NYC for the weekend which is rare.

Later in the season when we are playing Barca in the knock-out of CL, I'll see you at Tigins. :D

3. rachel83

rachel83 Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Russia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys. I'm new to bigsoccer and also to CT. I live in Middletown. Anyone from around there? I don't know ANY soccer fans here! I'm always watching games from the comfort of my couch but would love to watch them with other people...
    Just for curiosity's sake, are there any gatherings happening for the Liverpool game on Sunday?

4. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    isnt middletown around the newtown/southbury area?

5. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Man, im sooo excited!

ill be back in stamford in 6days, so i will DEFFINETELY be there!

hope to see some of u guys!

6. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    There was someone on here from the portland area I think. People come and go around here!

I think the problem here is that we only have a few people who are regulars to the board, and we are spread out. There are a few in the greater fairfield area.
    And unfortunately, I will be missing the Liverpool and ManU matches while I'm travelling. Otherwise, I will be trying to get to Tigins as much as possible.

7. rachel7583

rachel7583 New Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Nope, it's about 20 minutes south of Hartford.

8. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

ahhh ok,

the liverpool game will be on FSC, but Tigins in stamford will deffinetely be airing the man U game, so hopefully we'll see you there(CTgooner as well)...

9. FabregasTED

FabregasTED Member

Jan 2, 2007
    New Haven, CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey Rachel,
    I'm from Wallingford, just two towns over, and when there's a big game I usually go to Anna Liffey's in New Haven. They don't get huge crowds, but its always nice to watch the game with people who are generally interested in it. Last year for the home fixture with Liverpool, there were probably 20 Liverpool fans and 5 Arsenal supporters. Boy did we have fun when we won :p

They also have great brunches (set breakfast, irish omelettes etc.) and reasonable drink prices. For kegs, eggs, and Arsenal on a sunday brunch it's hard to beat! We'll probably be there sunday for the match.

10. rachel83

rachel83 Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Russia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, sweet. That sounds like a lot of fun! I'll send you a message to get an address and such.

11. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ill have to catch the pool game on FSC up here, but i deffinetely wanna get together maybe at Tigins for the man U game!

12. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The match at Anfield starts in <11 hrs! Anyone thinking of watching it at Tigin's? (I'm assuming they'll have it on)

13. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    ill be there for the man U game, hope to see ya;)

14. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from Tigin's for the nailbiter at Anfield. It was an OK crowd, maybe 6-10 Gooners, slightly outnumbered by Scousers but not bad considering. The manager there is a one of them. :eek:

Next week I expect there to be a bunch of United louts, so lets get some turnout to balance that!

15. rachel83

rachel83 Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Russia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If only it were closer to me...
    I'll probably be at Anna Liffey's again next Saturday, though I'm not positive yet. I had a great time watching the match there today. It was pretty evenly balanced crowd. Very nice atmosphere. If anyone is around the New Haven area, join us next Saturday!

16. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry to report that I've got the kids all-day Saturday so no trip to Tigin's for me. :(

No, there's not a chance in hell I'd ever bring my kids (6 & 8) to a pub during a match like that. Last Sunday the gooner next to me was more than a bit drunk and screaming rabid with profanity.

So I'll just have to pray to the streaming video gods, and hope they give me a steady feed.

17. SF Gooner

SF Gooner New Member

Apr 21, 2004
    tri state stunna
    then I guess Nevadas would be out of the picture as well. Rabid Profanity is a requirement there ;)

18. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, taking them to Nevadas would be like shipping me out to Iraq.

But please do enjoy the atmosphere there mate.

19. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    As opposed to screaming rabid profanity at your house? The kids are gonna hear it either way, so might as well get them out of the house! :D

Unfortunately, I will be travelling again and am going to be missing this one. Between this weekend and last weekend I am building up a lot of wife credits, that I plan to redeem in the spring during the homestretch.

20. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    man, tigins was absolutely vivid!

it was a blast watching this game there!

id say it was even, maybe even abit more arsenal fans perhaps...

the highlight for me was this really old couple next to me, they were manU fans, and every time ronaldo got the ball, she would yell "hes soo handsome" , lol

but it was great...
    was anyone there?

21. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    2 months and no action, come on ladies and gents,

ARSENAL!!!

22. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been quite remiss in only going to Tigin's once or twice so far this season. I was more regular last year.

A big part of that is how I can now get it reliably streamed to my home, so I've barely missed a live match this year, even weekdays (I work out of home).

But on weekend mornings, my family just does not qualify as good atmosphere. My 6YO son is inching very slowly towards interest (he's the one w/ the Arsenal bear)... the girls just try to humor me.

Hey, BTW anyone ever caught a match at Rowley's Tavern on Rte.1 in Norwalk? It's a mile from my house. I had dinner there last night and noticed that they show Setanta Rugby. I asked and bartender said they do show footy as well. Seemed very accomodating.

Can't imagine it'd be as good as Tigin's but sure a hell of a lot closer for me!

p.s. Tomorrow morning we're driving upstate and I'll be doing well to convince my wife to let me watch the Fulham match b4 we leave.

23. rachel83

rachel83 Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Russia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys! I got to New Haven for a few matches, but I moved quite a bit further north (Collinsville), so I won't be making it down there anymore :(
    If any of you are up here, I'm told The Half Door is soccer-friendly. Haven't gotten there yet, though.

PS I'm going to Vaughan's in Hartford for the US-Sweeden match tomorrow (all ages- they promised me U-21s are ok) if anyone's interested in that. There will be a few of us there, but the more the merrier!

24. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    the half door in hartford is a good pub, i went to college in hartford and it was a 30second walk there, good times...

25. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    I haven't been to Tigin's much this year either. Just caught the Spurs league game in December. Don't think I'll be down there too much since I got Setanta at home and have a kid due in March. But for the big ones, I'd be interested in going down.

As for Rowley's, I might be down there today. I know my buddy from work is going. Definately not as good an atmosphere, and you'll probably have to ask them to put the game on. But for me, it's right down the street from work so I am trying to sneak out.