CSL Transfer/Coaching Changes Talk

Discussion in 'China' started by chengb02, Nov 15, 2010.

1. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    no f'ing way we're going to see Chongqing saved again...

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    apparently the decision has been made.
    chengdu blades will not go hainan..so the new name is hainan blades?

i hope they would completely change the name
    i feel bad for chengdu because this feels like the city's identity was scrapped off :(

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Li Weifeng, originally played for K-League's Suwon, now confirms that he will play for Tianjin Teda. He would be playing with his former coach, Arie Haan, who made him captain during Haan's China national team tenure.

4. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I read that Sheffield United have sold Chengdu Blades and severed their links - so therefore should the team not be renamed, seeing Blades is the nickname of Sheffield United?

5. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    agreed with X's point, Sheffield has done everything to distance themselves from the Chengdu side since they were forced to go down due to corruption, I also thought they sold them shortly after that incident.

In transfer news, Guoan fans avoided a bit of a disaster, having to see one of our longtime players go to another CSL side, as Huang Bowen is headed to the K-League this coming year. Yang Hao's definitely leaving Guoan, with Guangzhou looking the most likely destination, but nothing has been decided yet. Seems that since the Asian Cup is over (at least for us), the transfer news is going to heat up a bit.

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Li Chunyu, a midfielder who played for Serbia Rad Belgrade and K-League Gangwon FC, is on the verge to join Shaanxi.

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    sometimes those media needs to grow a brain.

8. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Cleo from partizan belgrad should or already sign with guangzhou

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Liu Chao, who played for Lithuania's FK Suduva, is currently in negotiation with Shenzhen Ruby.

Liu is the first Chinese player to ever play in the UEFA Europa Cup.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Shanghai East Asia, a China League One team who is led by Fan Zhiyi, played two matches against K-League's Gwangju Sangmu FC.

first match: Shanghai East Asia 0-2 Gwangju
    second match: Shanghai East Asia 6-0 Gwangju.

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Han Peng, a striker who plays for Shandong Luneng, cracked his toe and will be out for three weeks. He will miss the game of Shandong vs. Jeonbuk Motors.

12. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Cho Won-hee, South Korean player who failed to make an impact in Wigan, will be joining Guangzhou Evergrande.

I believe Guangzhou Evergrande is leading the 'most budget spent' in this transfer window, with the purchase of Zhang Linpeng, Feng Xiaoting, Cleo, Jiang Ning, Cho Won-hee, etc..

13. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    OFFICIALLY SIGNED.
    Liu Chao
    FK Suduva (Lithuania top league) -> Shenzhen Ruby (China Super League)
    on a 3+2 contract.

14. Fushida

Fushida Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Canada
    wow... those are some big transfers...

15. Ironthumb

Ironthumb Member

Apr 25, 2008
    Jiangsu, China
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't feel like this deserved its own thread, but I wanted to share it so I'll just put it here..

About 1 1/2 years ago I sent Bigsoccer a message asking if they could put Jiangsu Sainty on the favorite teams list. They finally got around to doing it this past week. Now all you Jiangsu Sainty fans can add them to your profile! (although I'm probably the only Sainty fan around these parts :eek:)

16. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hahah hopefully later they would add South China Athletic Association for whatever reason.
    that's good to know, if later miracles hit earth and CSL gain superstar popularity, BigSoccer China would become a hot spot for CSL-English discussion and people can start PM-ing the admin for more CSL team...:)

17. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    All of we long-standing posters on here can look forward to that day, and berate all the johnny-come-lately posters who just started discussing CSL cos it became cool.

Hic. Time for another beer, its Friday afternooon guys.

18. Sharles

Sharles New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    ''my own world''
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  19. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    So taking a break from all the talk of Guangzhou signings and the totally annoying is he/isn't he rumors about Piao Cheng and Guoan (almost as annoying as the squad's coaching search), we have something to talk about, namely new kits.

http://slide.news.sina.com.cn/slide_2_789_8810.html#p=2

Here's the slideshow, not much to say but they are all hideous, with Shandong's being slightly less hideous than Shanghai and Beijing, Shanghai's sponsor slogan on the front is pretty horrible, and most importantly, Gao Leilei is still fcking fat!

20. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Former Japan coach Philippe Troussier will be coaching Shenzhen Ruby.

21. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    What i wanna know is that shenzhen board, staff n board r ready to get ass kicked hard by the one who shook jfa really hard, and i can say he did great but the pb with chinese is that they dont like western to have the full control ( remember the french coach for the women nt). If players, board n staff resist shenzhen will be succesful, but what ross told to the press about beijing guoan organisation make me wonder how troussier will manage when we know that beijing, shanghai and shandong are probably the more professonnal club in the league ( maybe tianjin n dalian not sure)

22. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008

That sounds like a good thing to me.

Didn't he lose out to Haan a few years ago?

23. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lose out to which position?
    tianjin teda head coach?

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Piao Cheng is heading to Beijing Guoan from Yanbian FC.
    Estimated fee is around 3 million RMB.