CSL 2010 Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by greenlion, Dec 9, 2009.

1. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'll indeed be there chaps. Infact I suggest we all meet up for a beer or two at some point over that weekend. Xfactor, PM me nearer the time and we can make some arrangements for getting you in the Shanghai end.

SU

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    damn it i feel like i am missing all the fun being stuck here in vancouver with school and work.

have fun guys. i definitely missed my time watching live soccer with 知心朋友 in england hahaha.

3. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Excellent idea. Hopefully Shenhua will still be close behind Shandong by then.

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Is that 知心朋友 still your 知心朋友?

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    yup. they were my dormmates and exchange mates and still quite 知心.
    one in france, one in austria, and couple of them in singapore.
    we met up at exchange orientation and we often abuse the University of Manchester's "cheap student manchester city fc tickets" to watch live premier league and europa league game :D

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  7. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    as I expected, Shanghai wasn't able to beat Liaoning, and with Shandong scoring a late winner, their lead is now 9 with 8 games left. There is still the massive head-to-head in Jinan on the final day of the season, but I don't see Shandong dropping 2 or 3 in the 7 matches before that, nor do I think Shanghai can win out.

At this point, its pretty much safe to say, congratulations Shandong. And after last night, I'd like to see Han Peng given a chance as the lone striker in Gao's national team setup.

8. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Yep. Thank you and good night, CSL title race.

Shandong might drop a few points, but Shenhua don't have the balls to make up the difference.

9. YenSter

YenSter Member

Apr 10, 2007
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah it's GAME OVER for the title.:(

I guess the only consolation I'll take is that Shenhua did better then I expected this season. Considering that there were soo many changes to the squad filled with unknowns, relegation was a genuine fear at the start of the season. I guess Shenhua fans shouldn't be too dissapointed with this season overall, it's just a dissapointment that the title race seems to be over this early into the season.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Everybody's still traveling to Beijing right? Watch Shenhua stick it to the champions on their turf? :eek: Right? :)

11. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Unfortunately not:

http://wildeastfootball.net/?p=211

Oh well. There's always next year!

12. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    so without the official fan club making the trip, does this mean you're not going to bother?

13. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I'm afraid so. Travelling in a big group is whole point of an away trip, for me. Its a bit of a shame - I've only done one away trip this year (Shuntian).

14. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    How hard must this be for Shenhua fans, does it feel like Shandong's just toying with your emotions? Down by a goal with 10 minutes left against Shenzhen, they score twice, including another 89th minute winner to get all 3 points and further crush Shanghai's title hopes....

if they do it again, should we start being suspicious?!?

15. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    It appears Guoan has fired their manager, I'm at a loss for words at this point...it should have happened months ago but now bringing in someone who knows nothing about the players and the league to coach the final 7 games seems to say the club could give a damn about the ACL...

16. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    It's gone a bit quiet on here again. Where are the other Shenhua and Beijing fans?

What happened to Greenlion he seems to have gone awol again...

17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    was it good for you too?!

I almost passed up going to the match, instead wanting to watch Chelsea-Man City (I know, I'm the worst of the worst hypocrites), but in the end, I had to go and I don't regret it one bit. I know Shanghai was missing some guys, but Beijing totally outplayed them for the majority of the match, including when they went down to 10 men. It shows what a good team we have, unfortunately its rare that they've played like this. It
    s been a real disappointing season, but last night makes up for a lot of that...

18. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    I think the EPL is over-hyped. Of course its better than the CSL, but football is more fun when you have a connection to the team.

I think Guoan were very average and Shenhua gifted them three goals. My money is on Shenhua to win the league next year for sure, as per phase II of Blazevic's plan....

19. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    That's if Blazevic doesn't end up coaching Guoan next year...

Guoan struggled for 10 minutes or so when they lost Xu Yunlong, but after that they were back up firing. It's going to depend on who the coach is and then retirements and transfers, before I'd say Beijing will be front runners, but I can't see Shenhua as such, with the exception of two players, they seem to be a really mediocre side that's just punching above its weight this season. Beijing's performance tonight and against Shandong and Liaoning showed their real promise, however their ability to also go and lose at Changsha is why they are where they are.

There are 3 or 4 teams in the league that are all about the same when it comes to skill, the league winner is the one who is most consistent, and this year it was Shandong.

20. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    I was attending ballet. Proper revenge for the match in Shanghai.

21. hottentotspur redded

May 12, 2010
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I hope the leagues will be restructured soon, like this:

First level 2012:

1 Shandong Luneng
    2 Shanghai Shenhua
    3 Tianjin Teda
    4 Beijing Guoan
    5 Dalian Shide
    6 Hangzhou Greentown
    7 Shaanxi Zhongjian Chanba
    8 Liaoning Whowin
    9 Henan Construction
    10 Jiangsu Sainty
    11 Changchun Yatai
    12 Changsha Ginde
    13 Nanchang Hengyuan
    14 Shenzhen Ruby
    15 Qingdao Jonoon
    16 Chongqing Lifan
    17 Guangzhou Evergrande
    18 Chengdu Blades

Second level 2012:

1 Hubei Orient
    2 Yanbian FC
    3 Shanghai East Asia
    4 Hunan Billows
    5 Beijing Baxy
    6 Shenyang Dongjin
    7 Anhui Jiufang
    8 Shanghai Zobon
    9 Guangdong Sunray Cave
    10 Beijing BIT
    11 Nanjing Yoyo
    12 Tianjin Songjiang
    13 Sichuan Meilianshu
    14 Guizhou Zhicheng
    15 Dalian Aerbin
    16 Dalian Yiteng
    17 Tianjin Locomotive
    18 Liaoning Northeast Tigers

22. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Interesting suggestion, is such a plan officially on the cards?

23. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    i don't understand what the big deal is? The plan seems to be just to add 2 teams to the CSL, not sure what difference that will make...

So anybody want to talk about Shenhua bribing their way to 1/2 of their titles?!?

24. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Haha. Like all of these cases, there isn't an awful lot to say, even the newspapers are quoting unnamed sources. I just hope that, if its true, those who perpetrated it are severely punished, and if its not true, then everyone can move on.

25. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    news rumours that for next year's AFC Champions League
    China's usual 4 slots might be decreased to 3.

this is bad news after AFC announces that there will be no Chinese referee for Asian Cup 2011.