CSI: Miami [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by empennage, Sep 24, 2002.

1. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm a big fan of the original CSI, but I was disappointed by the first episode of the spinoff. Did anyone else watch it, and what did you think?

Things I didn't like about it:

Since these guys are professionals they would've waited for the NTSB to arrive. What does CSI know about aircraft crashes?

A shoe being injested by the engine probably would not bring the plane down. Engines are designed to be able to take Seagull sized birds. I'm sure a little shoe wouldn't do much damage. Afterall, engines run upwards of 80,000 rpm, so my guess is that it would've shredded it to a billion pieces.

A rivet killing the pilot?? I found this to be far fetched as well. I don't believe there has every been a case where this has happened. If there has, I'll eat my words.

Anyway, it was just a pretty weak episode. Part of the problem was that they were trying to do character development as well. So that's my rant for tonight, what do you guys think?

2. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    didn't see it..... but if you want a good crime drama check out Autopsy on HBO. that show kicks the tarnation outta CSI

3. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I was way disappointed.

Those are a bunch of bad actors, and it looked like Caruso slowly was slipping to their level.

I noticed a bunch of silly factual mistakes as well...

--Caruso called for every one to wear "Tyvex" suits...it's "Tyvek"--the stuff FedEx envelopes are made of.

--Khandi Alexander's coroner character slapping the back of a fresh victim on the table while joking around...nothing like bruising up one of your most important pieces of evidence on the first day!

I love the original CSI because every single character is someone you either care about or are at least interested in. These Miami people are unlikeable. I think I'll pass on the rest of the season.

4. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For some reason, despite the the rip off of using a "Who" song as the theme, I found myself humming TFF's "Pale Shelter" while watching this pathetic knock off.

5. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Ha!

That's one of my fave songs of all time...I find myself singing that one in my head a lot. Its such a sad, disturbing song, but terribly catchy. Bring on the TFF reunion!

6. sanariot

sanariot Member

Nov 19, 2001
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...If you know Roland, I'm pretty tight with Kurt ( I wish). Whaddya say, Nov. 29th @ Maxwell's?

7. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    I actually had a conversation with Oleta Adams about a reunion a few months ago, and she said she's told Roland that she's ready when they are. I had read somewhere (NME maybe?) last year that Roland & Kurt had patched things up and were considering working together again, but that's the last I've heard about it.

By the way, if you are even the least bit a fan of Oleta's voice on TFF records, you owe it to yourself to see her live. She's played the NYC area every couple months this year, and although she doesn't play any TFF songs live, she'll knock you out with her own stuff. She literally makes me cry every time I see her.

8. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When is the show on?

I had been looking forard to it for a while but hadn't seen anything in a while. I'm mad I missed teh first show.

I have always thought David Caruso was a pretty cool actor who made one bad decision (leaving NYPD blue too early)

That movie he was in with Nicolas Cage several years ago, was great. So great I forgot the name.

9. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Mondays 10 EST

10. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Don't feel bad that you missed this episode. It stunk!

The good news is that the original CSI will have it's season premier on Thursday.

11. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I was such a big fan of the girl from Philly/NYPD blue and the girl who played Aimsley on the West Wing. Yet Caruso alone made me turn this off.

12. bigsmooth

bigsmooth New Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Kim Delaney is the one from Philly and "NYPD Blue."

Neither she nor Caruso should've left that show.