CSA support?

Discussion in 'Ottawa Fury FC' started by ChrisB, Mar 18, 2009.

1. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I just sent the following email to Richard Scott of the CSA (rscott@soccercan.ca)

I was curious if the CSA will be supporting Mr. Melnyk's bid to bring Major League Soccer to Ottawa. As I am sure you are aware, there will be a period for pulic comment at Council on April 20, and I am sure that the voice of the Canadian Soccer Association would be well received by the Ottawa city council. As I sit here watching Don Garber announce Vancouver in 2011, it makes me hope that Ottawa can experience this same feeling soon. And, it would be wonderful for the development of soccer in Canada to have a grass field soccer-specific stadium as another home for our national teams as we push to make World Cup 2016 and to support our women's team in their drive to win the next Women's World Cup. It can also help Canada be considered as the host of the 2011 Gold Cup.

2. Ottawa MLS Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nice job!!

3. ChrisB

ChrisB New Member

Feb 15, 2009
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Here is my response, which does nothing to answer my question:

"Thanks for your support Chris!

Yes, we definitely do support Ottawa’s bid for an MLS franchise."

4. Ottawa MLS Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not exactly a ringing demonstration of support. I just sent him an e-mail specifically requesting that he speak at the council meeting on April 20, so we will see what his reply is to that.

5. Ottawa MLS Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, I never got a response at all, so I'm guessing he won't be spealking in favour of soccer at the April 20 meeting.

6. Ottawa MLS Fan

Feb 11, 2009
    Ottawa
    Club:
    Manchester United FC