CS Emelec....news & transfers (r) Part IV

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by siempreazul, Nov 27, 2010.

1. luis1950

luis1950 Member

Emelec
    Ecuador
    Dec 27, 2005
    Ecuador
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Re: CS Emelec....news 2010/11 (r) Part IV

He´s recovering from an injury of last year season

so is Fleitas and Gimenez

2. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Good start of Emelec by beating Espoli 2-1 in Santo Domingo. Emelec had a lot of support. There were a lot of fans cheering for Emelec. Great goal by Angel Mena. Marvin Cortez of Espoli scored a nice goal also.

3. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    When is Edison Mendez playing for the team? Does he still need more time? What is his situation?

4. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    C Menendez had a great game vs LDU L. He scored 2 goals and could have scored more. One of the best games he played for Emelec or it was his best. Emelec missed a lot of goals. The shots were hitting the post. I counted at least 4 or 5 shots that hit the post. That play at the end by LDU L became dangerous. Klimowicz had a great game. He saved a couple of clear shots at goal. The defense was weak and confused. It did not look solid. Emelec needs to improve on the defense. Something is not working. The midfield and the offense was effective. Enner Valencia improved the attacks of Emelec when he entered the game. Fleitas needs to keep his mouth shut because he got a yellow card because of his mouth. As I said before, Kinito had a great game. Mena also did great. Strahman appeared to be a little out of shape. At times, it appeared that he could not keep up with the plays. Gimenez always was fighting for the ball. He is warrior. In general, Emelec attacked well but the defense still needs a lot of work.

5. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Min 3- Emelec 0 v D. Quito 0.

6. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    This is the starting lineup of Emelec: Klimowicz; C A Quinonez, M Fleitas, G Achilier, O Bagui; Mena, E Valencia, E Mendez, P Quinonez, D Hurtado; C Menendez.

7. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Min 12- Emelec 0 vs D. Quito 0.

8. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Min 24- It's raining in Quito. G Achilier gets a yellow card. D Quito 0 vs Emelec 0.

9. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    End of the first half. Emelec 0 vs D Quito 0.

10. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Min 65- Emelec 0 vs D Quito.

11. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec 0 vs D Quito. End of the game. There were a lot of Emelec fans in Quito cheering for the team.

12. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great tie by Emelec vs Internacional de Porto Alegre. When I thought that Emelec was going to lose 1-0, Fernando Gimenez heads the ball into the net on a long pass by Leandro Torres on the 94th minute. I almost thought that it was over but Emelec never gave up and managed to tie the game 1-1. Overall, Emelec played well and showed a lot of good qualities throughout the game.

13. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    How Emelec looks for the game vs Jorge Wilsterman for tomorrow? Any updates?

14. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec will start like this vs Jaguares: Klimowicz, C. Quiñonez, Achilier, J. Quiñonez, Bagui, Gimenez, P. Quiñonez, Torres, Mendez, Mena, Menendez. Emelec might play a 4-4-2.

15. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec had a great second half, but came out too flat in the first. Not their best game at all. Manso missed two key chances (but the guy is still looking great on the field despite that he's aging) that would have given a much more decisive lead. In all honesty, if a focused Emelec went to Chiapas, they would have rolled Jaguares. 2-1 seems fair by all accounts.

16. Emelectric15

Emelectric15 Member

Emelec, LA Galaxy
    Ecuador
    Mar 13, 2005
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    That 1st half pk was the biggest bs I've ever seen I knew that would happen and we'd lose 2-1 I didn't even watch the rest of the game.

17. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    That was not a PK. Emelec was robbed a point.

18. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I was at Estadio Capwell yesterday, watching the game in Tribuna. Great game. Emelec attacked throughout the whole game but could not score a goal. The penalty was a foul in the penalty area and the referee called the play. Quiroz kicked and score the goal. All the players played a great game. Klimowicz saved a big shot by a Jaguares offender in the first half. Emelec 1 vs Jaguares 0.

19. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great game by Emelec 3-1 vs Independiente. I enjoyed the game and the goals by Menendez, P. Quiñonez and E. Valencia. Later.

20. b9d23m89

b9d23m89 Member

Jun 27, 2004
    house on the hills
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    had to post this b/c it was a really good game by Emelec and Gabriel Achilier's goal was just insane.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjVnE9bsOYk&feature=channel_video_title"]YouTube - Emelec 3 - Olmedo 1. Campeonato Ecuatoriano 2011[/ame]

My question is, why does Emelec play that futbol barato when they play in the Libertadores? Even against teams like Jaguares and Wilstermann. We're talking about the 2nd best squad in Ecuador (as far as names go and individual talent). I honestly don't consider Jaguares or even Wilstermann that much more aggressive than Olmedo LOL

21. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Great game by Emelec 3 vs Olmedo 1. I enjoyed the game. I had a good time at Estadio Capwell in Palco watching the game. I was surprised by Achilier the way he scored that goal.

22. luis1950

luis1950 Member

Emelec
    Ecuador
    Dec 27, 2005
    Ecuador
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  23. luis1950

luis1950 Member

Emelec
    Ecuador
    Dec 27, 2005
    Ecuador
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  24. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec 2 vs Manta 1 that was a good game. I was in Palco with 2 of my cousins in General Gomez. I got back Monday night from Guayaquil. Had a great time watching all the 4 games that I saw Emelec win.

25. siempreazul

siempreazul Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Queens, New York
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Emelec 0 vs D Cuenca 0, I saw that game. Bad luck for Emelec. They had plenty of opportunities but were not able to score. Lately, I am no liking the level of play of Quiroz. Something is wrong with him. I think Leandro Torres should have started instead of Quiroz.