Crystal Palace v Chelsea 7 July 11am mst

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by lobomojo, Jul 6, 2020.

1. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    almost yet another far post header over Azpi

Sorely missed Kante in second half as we were just 2nd to seemingly every 50/50 ball

2. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It's weird but winning that way almost feels like a defeat! I wonder if Palace will let us buy Cahill back!?

3. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And the second he lost it you knew, you just fking knew, it would lead to a chance for them despite how far out they were and how many men were back.

Those are point killers right there and we see that multiple times a match. Nowhere near good enough.

Note to frank: extend the contract of Wood Work. Dude is key to our defence.

JimWharton, MattR, Yahtzee and 1 other person repped this.
  4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Zouma making himself look the hero by being way out of position and recovering with sheer speed.

Boris10 and Ninjatend0 repped this.
  5. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was always kind of his MO

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  6. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Are we rooting for Arsenal? Or a draw?

7. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    either

8. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this had me dying, thanks I really needed that today

9. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was end to end and had me nervous but we took all 3 points and need to move on to the next. Hope we can get a big enough lead to rest Puli and Willian cause right now their everything and neither has seen a break. If one goes down like Kante we could be in trouble.

10. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Man....that was so close to a heart attack. Really liked what I saw from Pulisic and Willian today. RLC also did great when he came one....but our defense has so much room for improvement.

11. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    if RLC could stay healthy and find form, i still think he may be the best of the academy lot. the health party has basically always been the only question mark for him. which is a shame because i think the last two years he could have basically been on his way to being a super star and finding his prime this season.

12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pulisic had a great game. If Willian had converted from that Pulisic pass and we had gone 3-0 up who knows where it would have ended? But this team loves to let them back in the game.

Zaha had a really good game. Changed my opinion on him. Still don't want him and certainly not for the money mentioned before, but he is a decent player. A powerful shot on goal, but it was straight at the keeper, from a long way out. Watched the replay several times and Kepa should have done better. True story. A World Class goalkeeper would have saved that, and that is the issue, Kepa is not a world class goalkeeper, just a world class price that we paid for him. He doesn't command his area or his defence. There is doubt in him.

We deserved the 3 points, but slack concentration every time, every game - we could have easily ended up with a draw.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else find it super weird hearing Gary Neville heap praise on a Chelsea player (Pulisic). Dudes a straight hater.

14. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Squinchy win in our new Chelsea pajamas. Pulisic continues to impress. I can’t believe I ever said an ill word about Willian. Reece is in a really bad run of form and AC needs to be put on blast. 100% agree that CP expected to equalize. I expected them to equalize. We’re really on a knife’s edge.

I’ll side with those that thought Kepa should have done better. He plays small. Instead of stretching for the save, he seemed to leap sideways and curl down out of the path.

Wonder what Jorginho did to earn the bench. Billy isn’t playing him off the field. Also interesting that (at least my) interest in CHO seems to have waned a bit. A lot less clamoring to see him on and he looks panicky and ineffective when he gets his chances.

Boris10 repped this.
  15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think with Jorghino that it is just a case of proper match fitness. I think Gilmour is very decent and he has a great attitude, but let's be honest here the lad has just turned 19 [June was his birthday]. We need some grown-ups in the team, it cannot be all about the youngsters and the prospects and the players with potential. That said, I really miss Tomori at CB.

With the arrival of Werner, Ziyech and hopefully Kai, perhaps we might see CHO go on loan? I also, hope we keep Willian for his ability to get back and help out and also his ability to get the ball and run from deep. Willian can get the ball on the edge of our box and run with it to the edge of their box and that is a great asset for our team.

16. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Jorginho has always looked classy when not pressured. Give him room and he will kill you.

His major issue is the number of opponents that seem to be able to drift past him at will.

He definitely changed the game for the good when he came on.

17. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lobomojo repped this.
  18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm sure lamps will have provided him with some 'feedback' on that.

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's a point not to be lost. Obviously. Tammy shouldn't have coughed up possession like that and should have tracked back but there was still a LOT of work to be done for them.

20. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I watched the last 20min again. Jorginho did well, but maybe Frank's logic was to put him on late like that when CP was very tired? We are heaping praise on Jorginho and it's deserved, but most of the time he didn't have a CP player within 8 yards of him.

I think Christensen has a lot of qualities, but I'm starting to think the style of Premier league isn't best for him ?

Frank not realize we have 5 subs? Pedro and CHO could have been used in that last 10min since Willy and CP are on fumes