Crystal Palace USA

Discussion in 'United Soccer Leagues' started by Hax, Dec 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian 231

Brian 231 New Member

Oct 5, 2006
    Thanks for the video. Good to see local soccer. Any future plans to post more video online?

2. dmeluzio22

dmeluzio22 Member

Apr 17, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First goal of the match was scored by former Harrisburg City Islander Carlos Morales. He is currently on trial with Crystal Palace. He had the header off of the very nice long cross.

Love their youtube site, hope they do it all season!

-Derek
    "Upper 90" City Islanders site
    http://blog.pennlive.com/upper90/

3. James Calder

James Calder New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Washington DC
    Yes there are plans to put up more videos, so keep checking back. Thanks.

j

4. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Hello lads.Sorry for not posting this week but work has been crazy busy. But Saturday is here and Palace are playing so all is good.Today at Loyal college in Baltimore county the mighty Crystal Palace hit the pitch at 5pm.Ofcourse we will be there tailgating at 2:30-3:00. So come on out and support the boys with us.
    Last weeks opener was a brutal cold,windy, miserable night in Northern Virginia.Sub 30 degrees, wind gusting 40 mph.But on the field palace looked good.Nothing special just good solid work.There maybe something special developing between Val Tex. and Harold on the left side.Those two seemed to flow very well in the game.
    Anyway big props to James Calder for posting the highlight video for us.And look forward to seeing my Red Blue Army at Loyal.
    KC
    Charm City Army
    [​IMG]

5. BMore-Pat

BMore-Pat New Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Baltimore
    How did the team look yesterday? I'll eventually make one of the pre-season matches.
    How many members are there so far in the Charm City Army? Give me a call tomorrow in the office 410-933-8326 so we can discuss how to recruit more members. I may be able to get some support from the Baltimore based members from DCU's Barra Brava and Screaming Eagles.

Thanks,

Pat

6. DustynB

DustynB New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Hi, My name is Dustyn Brim. I was just on trial with crystal palace usa. It is time for me to go home now as I will not be staying with the team. I just wanted to thank the fans that gave me such support and made my time worth every second. Good Luck to the team and to you guys. I hope you have a great season, and who knows, maybe you'll see me farther down the road. Take care.

Dustyn Brim

7. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Hey Keeeeeper,Keeeeper! Man Dustyn its a shame you will not be between the pipes for us this season.You organized the boys very well and you stood on your head several times making big saves. We have nothing but love, and respect for you and wish you well back home.You had our support from try outs mate.Keep working hard and who knows hopefully we see you in a red,blue jersey before its all said and done.
    Are you going back to your original team to play this season? If so let us know so we can follow you this year on-line.Much respect Keeeeper!!
    KC
    Charm City Army
    [​IMG]

8. DustynB

DustynB New Member

Mar 17, 2008
    Don't really know where I'm gonna be playing at the moment. New orleans PDL is still an option but I was also looking at Austin PDL since they will be getting a USL 1 team there next year. Might be a good way for them to get to see me for a while and hopefully get the call up. We'll see. Maybe Palace will fall into a little more finances and they'll call me back up. I'll try to keep ya'll updated and thanks again for the encouragement.

Dustyn Brim

9. LONDONMAN

LONDONMAN Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Thornton Heath
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Good luck to Dustyn, pity it did'nt work out at CPB.

Anyway, the rumour on cpfc.org is that the Palace (London) are coming over to Baltimore for a pre-season match or two in mid July - nothing official yet, but I know the guys who made it over in 2006 really enjoyed the trip and are already making plans to travel.

Looks like CPFC USA have just signed Pat Healey - anybody know how good this fella is?

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was drafted by the Wizards with the first pick of the supplemental draft this year, but was waived before the team's trip to Argentina.

11. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Hey Londonman confirm the rumors about the friendly between us and the parent club.Neil W. and the boys are coming over in the summer to play one game for sure with us.Which at that time we all hope over here that its the newly promoted Palace Eagles Premiership Parent Club!!Way to go you are only one point shy of the final playoff spot.We look forward to watching Lewwis Sp. this summer.His time with us was cut short last season by injuries.
    I've had the pleasure of catching both pre-season games and Pat Healey has looked very impressive.Young,aggressive, smart with the ball.i think his leadership skills will blossom playing with our captain Bryan Harkins.but its a great signing for a good local talent.His father is a football legond in Baltimore.Coaching for years here so its a great fit for us.
    KC
    Charm City Army

12. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Lewwis Spence unfortunately hasn't played for us or even our reserve side since his injury in America. Although hopefully he'll be fit for this summer's pre-season. Were you impressed with him when he was playing for you?

Also, out of curiosity, Jim Cherneski made a few cameo appearances last season aswell as a substitute appearance in the last friendly game, is he actually any good or is he used to make up the numbers?

13. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Good luck Dustyn. You showed well. Last year we were desparate for another keeper, but this year the numbers forced an early cut. Hope you team up with Josh in Austin.

Probably a few more cuts after this weekend. Gary Brooks is now in camp but the remaining "indoor" players will not arrive probably for another month.

Any final word on Matteus dos Anjos?

Team looks far more organized and confident this year than the same time last year. With the core group back and several competent additions (Texiera, Healey, Robson) on the pitch, team should avoid that horrible 0-0-4 start of last season.

14. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  15. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Happy to be back and eager for season to start. Looking forward to stronger play throughout the league.

Palace Army: let's support the team by coming to the matches this year! We were spoiled playing at USNA Stadium last year, but UMBC is a nice stadium (3-5,000), cozier, with a new surface like the one in Ravens stadium, and is easy to get to and park.

A lesson learned: Rochester Rhinos - one of the best USL-1 franchises now on its death bed; might survive this season but maybe a $32 million stadium was not such a good idea.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...?AID=/20080318/SPORTS05/803180320/1007/SPORTS

16. Redknapp11

Redknapp11 New Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Re: Crystal Palace USA - DeOrsey Cup

Matt was someone that crossed my path once or twice down here in South Florida. He was wonderful person and will be sorely missed. The Treasure Coast Galleons will be taking on the special guest team on Friday evening, April 25th in West Palm Beach.

On a seperate note to CP supporters, you should check out Palm Beach sometime soon, it might be worth your time.

17. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Re: Crystal Palace USA - DeOrsey Cup

Way to go boys.Starting off 3-0 this pre-season.Would of loved to make the game this past friday but a noon kick-off and work don't mix.But rest assure that on Wed we'll be back at the Naval Acad. for the game.
    Good to see Gary Brooks back in the mix.We desperately need another finisher up front.So far I like the back four,our keepers are solid,very steady mid-field which I think will be our biggest asset as the season goes on.But another Striker or Center Forward to take the pressure off of Gary B. is needed.
    Anyway see ya on Wed.
    Casey
    Charm City Army

18. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can anybody tell me how Kevin King did on Saturday and whether it's likely if he'll get a contract as he seems to have a decent pedigree.

19. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    I can tell you KING Kevin finally got his first win as Newcastles Manager,LOL:)
    KC

20. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  21. buzz99

buzz99 Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    15 on roster? Plus a backup keeper = 16. At least 1 or 2 others are probably "signed" leaving about 4 open spots for trialists. Hopefully coaches will not take up any of these positions.

Also, let's pull for lads in UK with key matches coming. The promotion playoffs are within their grasp.

22. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
    Way to go !Palace extends there unbeaten streak to 3 this pre season. Winning 2-0 at the Naval Academy last night. Two world class finishes in the second half broke the game open for our boys in blue.The attack force really picked apart Navy in the second half. Kevin King and Gary Brooks are probably two of the best forwards in the league.Great pace,skill and passion up front. Harold was a second half sub and with a bum knee still was pure class to watch.The other midfielders were solid again lead by our captain Bryan H. who is just everywhere on the pitch.Pat Healey never quits and this kid is gonna be money as the season rolls on. Andrew M and Val T were solid as a rock on Defense and keep the lads organized. Way to go Lads keep it up on Saturday.
    KC
    Charm City Army

23. krusty!

krusty! New Member

Dec 15, 2007
    Towson,Maryland
  24. eagleforlife

eagleforlife New Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  25. BMore-Pat

BMore-Pat New Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Baltimore
    He has been signed, but will not be playing for us until the Blast season is over. So if the Blast make the finals then he will not be available until May 4th or May 10th. Even though i want to see him right away I hope we give him a week or two to recoup after a long indoor season