Crystal Palace FC vs City Islanders in Lancaster

Discussion in 'Philadelphia OT' started by slitz, Jun 9, 2009.

1. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well done sir.

2. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, thanks for doing all the legwork there. So do you need me and my drum connection or am I back to being just arm candy again?

3. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'll let you know about the drum, i may be getting one monday

4. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait, maybe you could tell me that one more time, if I ask again. :rolleyes:

Hey Mark, need a drum?

Sorry, I think my brain took a little break when I wasn't looking.

5. USArsnl

USArsnl New Member

Aug 4, 2006
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But Fulham are in Europe, while Palace are in the bottom half of the Championship.

Plus, Simon Jordan. How can you take a club seriously when this d-bag is the chairman?
    [​IMG]

6. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what are the odds for this match up? Anyone know?

7. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Member

May 29, 2008
    Biggles

As you may have noticed from my last post I said nothing about the quality of soccer played by Palace. Fulham have a better squad of players and Palace had a poor season last year. My argument was that Palace supporters are one of the most commited set of fans in England and Selhurst Park, like Craven Cottage, is one of the true traditional English football grounds so I take exception when someone posts that the club, it's ground and supporters are all shite.

As for Jordan for all his faults is a Palace fan who only wants whats best for the club he loves. He is also someone who speaks out against all the bullsh** that surrounds the modern game in England.

[​IMG]

PS Hope everyone who goes to the game has great evening. Wish I was with you.

8. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just to clarify, we will be supporting Harrisburg, Correct? I also suppose we will be sporting our SoB gear as well. I just want to fit in with all the cool people.:rolleyes:

Seriously though, do we have a time we are meeting at the Brickyard? I guess we don't have to worry about seating now as Bolton got us a reserved section. I will see everyone around 5:00 at the Brickyard unless I hear otherwise.

9. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm leaving my area around 3, hoping to be at the Brickyard around 4ish. Wearing blue!

10. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Please don't wait last-minute to go in the stadium, though ;)

11. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, you'll save me a seat, won't ya? :D

12. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doesn't look like I'm making it out...way too much to do planning for Saturday :(

13. bboynfuel

bboynfuel New Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Harrisburg, PA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brickyard around 4

14. Jershar

Jershar New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Coatesville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll try to be a the brick yard by 4 or so. See ya there.

15. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you are not making it who do we need to look for in order to get our seats?

Also if they are going to the trouble of reserving seats for us we need to make sure we provide an atmosphere that is worthy. We need to make sure our voices are heard. Do we have a drum and other stuff for this game? Let's show Crystal Palace we can make some noise.

16. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who do we need to get in touch with for the reserved section?

Also does anyone have access to a drum since Bolton cannot make it? We need to show Crystal Palace we know how to make some noise.

17. SoB Bolton

SoB Bolton New Member

Mar 25, 2007
    Chester, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll PM you the guy's info

Nope, I don't think there's a single person out that way with access to a drum. Nope, no chance of it :D

18. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :p

Ok, I talked to my nephew and he has a snare, a tom or a djembe we can borrow. The djembe was my sister's idea and my nephew and I think she's a dork. I don't think it'll work. However it is more portable. The snare and tom have a portable stand but my nephew says he doesn't have a strap to carry the drum w/o using the stand. It is possible to attach a strap, he just doesn't have one.

So, shall I see what my Pop's drum friend has or can we jimmy-rig something?

BTW, while I am happy to provide a drum, I will NOT be banging the drum. (insert your own dirty joke here)

19. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case you aren't sure, this is a djembe:

[​IMG]

20. Guenybird

Guenybird New Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Please see below. Help a fellow SOB out! Bring some soccer balls to share!

Local Sports Teams and Mennonite Central Committee Collecting Soccer Balls for Sudan

The Harrisburg City Islanders soccer team and the Lancaster Barnstormers baseball club are joining with Mennonite Central Committee (MCC) in asking those attending the upcoming Harrisburg City Islanders match with Crystal Palace FC to bring new soccer balls to share with students in southern Sudan. Balls will be collected outside Clipper Magazine Stadium before the game, July 18, at 7:00 PM Balls should not be inflated!

Sudan's 22-year civil war decimated communities in southern Sudan, which is one of the most impoverished regions in the world. About 2 million people were killed and 4 million were forced to flee their homes before a peace agreement ended the conflict in 2005.

Since then, about 1.7 million people have returned to their home areas after spending years in refugee camps or other temporary living arrangements. More people are continuing to arrive despite the fact that few resources exist, such as schools or food supplies, to accommodate the rapidly growing population.

MCC is working at providing relief supplies to the region. The next shipment is set for the middle of August. In addition to the typical relief supplies and food, MCC's Sudanese partner organization, the Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), has asked MCC to include at least 50 soccer balls.

21. Dbird76

May 12, 2009
    Buggytopia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be by the Brickyard around 4 to 4:30. I took the day off, so I'll likely be schlitzed already by then. I apologize in advance for not remembering anyone's name & being sort of an a-hole....

22. Jershar

Jershar New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Coatesville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure if being an a-hole is something that warrents an apology. I think it is more of a requirement.:D

23. Laudy

Laudy New Member

Nov 17, 2007
    Reinholds, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have two tickets for the game if anyone is interested. A friend of mine and his wife backed out. Obviously, the seats are GA so they are good anywhere in the stadium. I'm just looking for face value ($12 each), PM me if you are interested.

24. sara_laughs

sara_laughs New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Reading, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey if you guys want a drum, I have to pick it up today. I'm booked with clients and doc appointments right up until I leave for the game tomorrow. I hope I have time to change out of my scrubs!

25. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turns out I will be attending this match. A lot of guys from our Lancaster office are going, so me and co-worker are heading up. I'd love to see you guys too. Anyone that wants to see me, PM me for a little cell phone exchange. We are leaving the Philly burbs around 5 so we most likely won't get there until about a half hour before kick off.