Crocketteers Crest Unveiled

Discussion in 'Crocketteers' started by CagedMonky, Aug 18, 2009.

1. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    [​IMG]
    I am pleased to unveil the first ever Official Crocketteers Crest/Shield/Logo.

The colors were chosen for multiple reasons. San Antonio is a military city and this represents that sector well. The Alamo is also a “tan” mission and so was that era during the Battle of The Alamo. The architecture of The Alamo is captivated in the curvature of the top of our crest.

The antique looking soccerball is being intercepted by two cannons signifying our defense of The Alamo. The ball is looking to “score” by striking the Alamo, but the Defense will not let it pass. Some may say the ball looks like a volleyball. It may seem so. But it is in fact a vintage soccerball. See Manchester United’s crest as they use a similar ball.

The frontmost cannon reads “Victory or Death” as written in a letter of William B. Travis To the People of Texas and All Americans in the World. The back cannon signifies “Support” and “Teamwork” as it is actively backing it’s counterpart.

At the Top, is the The Lone Star. This represents our Great State of Texas and our flag. This is followed by our group name (in our font) and finished with the year of our establishment, 2009.

Our amateur soccer team will wear this crest with pride starting August 30, 2009 as we try to having a winning season in Division 3 of San Antonio Soccer Association Fall 2009 season.

Victory or Death!

2. jhope

jhope BigSoccer Supporter

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Mar 18, 1999
    San Antonio, TX USA
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like it

3. IowaClone

IowaClone Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Kc, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thats definatly the best one yet.

4. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Thanks for the feedback.... worked late with my brother on it, making sure we have all the elements. Thanks to the great ideas we discussed here and HailtotheKing giving us tangible visuals to make this a reality.

We left out Crockett's sihoulette because it wasn't the true Crockett but rather the movie version... We couldnt make him in the crest because it wasnt working as nice. He is in the name and that is what counts.

I think our crest is better than many MLS crests. don't you agree. Revolution, Crew...

5. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, thanks. The final product is fantastic, you two did a GREAT job at mopping up my mess.

The exact problem I had. That was the only image that would work with anything I tried. I tried watermarking, going for a "carved wood" type silhoutte, to just slapping his face on there and none of it worked out.

easily top 5 in my honest opinion.