Croatian Forum?

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by SS2006, Nov 5, 2004.

1. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Whoever supports an "Southern Slavs" subforum, please post in the appropriate thread on the Forum Requests board (one of the Customer Service forums).

2. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    There are requests for an ex-Yugo forum as well. If we make one for Croats, there will be a request for one for Serbs and then we open a can of worms, creating more subforums than there are necessary.
    I really can't see why all the topics relating to Balkan football can't coexist within one subforum.

Israel is not a valid comparison, since it's a UEFA member and thus belongs in Europe. There was plenty of bloodshed in the USSR as well, though granted Armenians, Azeris and Chechens don't post much in our subforum.

Ethnic intolerance, no matter what the cause, has no place here.

3. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're the one who started the stupid argument by telling me to keep my mouth closed.

I'm a member of this forum as much as you are and I can and will voice my opinion. Even if I probably would not post within a south slavs subforum, I'm a regular poster within the Eastern Europe forum and I am sharing my opinion that I think things should stay the way they are. I'm not telling you to keep your mouth closed or not to give your opinion, I don't see where you get off saying these kind of things to me.

4. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    so why u continued ?
    the problem is here that u didnt understand what i said. i said this is a thread that relates to creating new subforum for YUGOSLAVIA so i cant understand why ur disagreee with such really positive thing.at least other people that doesnt agree with this idea or doesnt care , they dont post here such negative things that i am disagree.i think we have right for wanting subforum for ur country to post about it's national and league matches.
    i didnt say dont post anything , i have respect for everyone i told keep ur mouth closed cause i got mad for ur negative sentences.
    this was my last post about this stupid argument.

[​IMG]

Само слога Србина спашава

5. albionroad

albionroad Member

Aug 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D A fair question.

I just don't like the idea of splitting up into lots of subgroups unless there is an overwhelming number of posts and threads, so many that it's too confusing to follow. Rather than 4-5 subgroups with 4-5 regular posters, I'd rather have one group with 15-20 people. If the fans of ex-Yugoslavia countries go into a subgroup, that takes away half the people who might post in the general Eastern Europe forum - only Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Albania are left. I just think the Eastern Europe will be less interesting because of it and I don't see the need. I'm not trying to discourage people from posting about their favorite national teams or favorite clubs. The opposite, I wish there were many, many more posts in this area. But why not just, for example, a 'Croatian national team' thread, a 'Crvena Zvezda' thread, a 'Hajduk Split' thread, etc.? This is just my opinion on this issue, I'm not trying to discourage you or anyone else from posting about your country or favorite club or anything else.

само иэточна европа! ;)

6. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

At first I was on board with the idea, but after thinking about it, one way or another, I don't care what happens here with the subforum whether you all get an Hrv forum, or Balkan forum, or none at all.

I am disturbed by this post and feel compelled to respond.

What you are saying is that you would post in a Croatia-only but not in a Balkan section? Essentially, that admitting that you don't want to share with the other groups .Does that not sound childish at all? Given your fear of 'childish' posts. Also, in the few instances where I have seen Serbia/Croatia trolling, I have witnessed more/most of it coming from the Croatian side (see post 6 from the "Where's all the Serbia and Montenegro fans?" thread for a recent example https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128907 ). It's not like an exclusive forum would suddenly make it immune to the occasional trolls. An ex-YU board would essentially be a Croatia board with a few non-Croatia threads in it. I occasionally read xtratime's boards and I see Serbs, Croatians, and Bosnians milling around from time to time on each other's boards with no problems, no trolls. Your fear of things "denigrating," I think is a little over stated. On this thread, only you have brought up the ex-Yugoslav conflicts--and three times might I add. You seem to be the only one making a big deal about it.

Like I said, I don't care anymore what happens. But I think some of you need to grow up a bit.

7. Shurik

Shurik New Member

Nov 2, 1999
    Baltimore, MD
    Like I said, there is a thread in the Forum Requests Board (see Customer Service). If you are interested in the subforum, please post there. Without this, there won't be one.