Croatia-Turkey, Quarterfinals, EURO 2008 [R]

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by soccer333, Jun 18, 2008.

1. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Well said mate. a classy view.

All in all, its a game to play, one side win one side lose. thats all.
    to congrats the winner team is not so hard i gues. isn't it.
    both side played till the end ,and one side find a goal at late and other side find a goal in late too. at the end; the winner was Turkey.

I congrats to players spirit and never give up believe.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. HeroOfTheStreet

HeroOfTheStreet New Member

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    I think you didn`t get the point... bilić was calling a substitute when was an offside.. ********in referee did`t let the change altough it was a stopped game.. then turkey scored a goal in that action...

3. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004

Germany has those players .

But, Turkiye has skillfull players I agree with Pakalolo.

-Yesterday and last 3 games, one of the most skillfull player in the team and tournament 'Emre Belozoglu' just played one single game in entire tournament duo to injury he had in first game action, if he be ready for match up versus Germany its gonna be crutial point for Turkish side.and there is another skilfull fresh leg Gokdeniz Karadeniz....
    last night game there were good skillfull player at the field; Arda Turan,Modric.

@
    yet you guys still bashing to Turkiye's tremendus run...
    Turkiye played allmost all game since after Portugal game without 4-5 starters duo to injury and suspend. yet people dont respect this great run with less large squad. Croatia against to Poland rested 9 starters and they played same minutes last night versus no rested/tired players, plus injury players and suspention players of Turkiye.

and this team won the game by 120 minutes plus PK.

Cmon man, show atleast little respect duo to theyr breave performance and team spirit.

Theyr gonna have only 13 players avaible for Germany game.
    I wish them deeply good luck.

Thank You.

4. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thats true. But what can really be done here?:eek: its over and sad to see croatia lose like that...

5. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    yea, man.. yesterday was the probably worst day in my life... domination thru the whole match, goal at the end.. man, that was dreamcometrue for me.. and than the whole thing crashed down for me.. damn... but, i have to say something about this madness about euro in croatia.. for two years nobody watched our league, because it suck, it really, really sucks... I wached that pathetic league for two years, I lived for footbal.. and now, some "big fans" are going to tell me how Croatia have a great team, and suprisingly, that guys never saw the stadium.. It`s funny, because, yesterday they "celebrate" croatia tema, and Croatia was "the only one"... today that same people telling me how Croatia have a horrible national team.. that same guys, rich guys, knows "some" people and they easily get the tickets, while the true fans, stayed at home.. Football is going to hell... my point is, that now that fans won`t even think about national team until 2010. when everybody will be "world class managers" :rolleyes:

6. Todorov

Todorov New Member

May 22, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Congratulations to Turkey.

They've been having that "luck" that decides the winner and the loser in a match throughout this whole tournament and I just hope it continues for a little longer, at least up to the match against Germany. They'll be needing it and I hope they can pull it off once more.

Sentürk's goal was incredible, to say the least. I thought that after Rüstü had childlishly given up that goal, everything was over for these lads but they surprised me once again. Honestly, I was one of those who felt that this side had some chances of going into the knock-out stages from the beginning, but I never thought that they would show this competitive spirit.

Still, I think mr. Terim should play more offensively because they have the players to do it. I think he's being to over-cautious about waiting for the opponent to make a mistake. Not only is this dull football but it can prove disastrous if the opponent scores first as we've seen against Croatia. Sentürk's goal was out of desperation and nothing short of a miracle, to my mind.

As for the next game, they have to identify Germany's weak points and act accordingly. IMHO, they should play with more than just Nihat alone on front. Learn from Portugal's mistakes, my friends.

I'll be rooting for you. :cool:

7. 1903

1903 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    Croatia played better?

I admit that they had more chances to score than us but they played defensive football and got chances from counter-attack plus our silly mistakes.In additional minutes i think we raped them.

Croatia was exaggerated so much.They played well against only Germany and everbody put them among favourites of tournament.No way!

8. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    first, congratulation on this victory, but facts are facts... Croatia was better thru the whole match, except in the second ET, thats because they were exhausted... you win, but world cup is ours, remember what i sad to you now :cool::D

9. 1903

1903 Member

Apr 24, 2008
    İstanbul
    Club:
    Besiktas JK
    I hope you win World Cup,Euro Cup is enough to us for now :cool:

10. maslow

maslow New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Croatia
    Proud to be Croat

11. NGV

NGV Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Yeah - a minute of stoppage time was required (would it really be fair to let Croatia run out the clock while celebrating?) and it's pretty much standard for the ref to give the attacking team a few seconds to set up and execute a free kick or corner that's awarded just before the end of the added time.

Stoppage time is often an arbitrary mess, but in this case the ref did nothing wrong and the Croats only have themselves to blame for the last minute goal.

12. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    Proud to be Croat

13. Todorov

Todorov New Member

May 22, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey, I'm glad you're proud of your nation, friend. Football is just a game and in the end you can't measure the pride you have in your country just by a football match.

You just don't need to "shout". :rolleyes:

14. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The last 2 minutes in this game was absolutely SICK:D

15. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I wouldnt go that far and call it domination....seemed like both teams had their moments and Croatia mightve been better in their organizational structure, but all things equal it was a very even match. Obviously almost a tossup.

Best sporting event Ive ever seen in my life. Damn...Im still shaking.

16. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    Re: Croatia-Turkey, Quarterfinals, EURO 2008

I will funboy:cool:

17. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Proud to value good football over national pride

:cool: Now lets stop shouting. it just anoys everyone.

18. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    sorry mate :D that was just c/p from some guy on the last page :D

19. 4evermedi

4evermedi New Member

May 31, 2008
    Some extremely biased, short-sighted "fans" still bitch, moan and groan...but life goes on. Turkiye will keep on progressing in spite of Germany...and not just because of heart and mind and the fighting spirit. But, because even though we are now down to 12 healthy players (Nihat is out for the Germany game!), even if four Gremans cost more than the entire Turkish team, our boys are as good and simply have not been marketed and advertised like theirs. Turkiye is a factory of future great footballers...you are just witnessing the beginning of this wave. What started in the Euro years ago, continued in the world cup, and now here is more evidence of this fact. Better get used to it cause you will see them often in high places in football. That is why with the 12 left standing, we will give Germany all they can handle (or not handle). And yes, the Turks living in Germany have an extra beat in their hearts for the country they live in and contribute to. If Germany beats Turkiye (which I don't anticipate) they will be sad but will support their "other" team in the finals.

I recommend changing your attitude and enjoy each team for the quality of their play rather than hating them for certain ugly motives. I am saying this to those who deserve these comments...I have also seen some fair, honest and realistic, complimentary comments. Go, Turkiye!;)

20. HeroOfTheStreet

May 17, 2008
    Vinkovci, Croatia
    I think that every win, no matter how you get it, is deserved win.. every, except ofcourse sold game :D so the Turkey deserved their win... we had are chances and ruined them.. Turey had maybe two chances and they scored a goal.. Thats how big teams are wining... Once again, I congratulate them, but now I how to cheer for germany because i`m born in Germany :D Deutschland uber alles :p

21. maslow

maslow New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Croatia
    Isn't it incredible that small country with population of only 4 million people can beat England (50 mill), Poland (38 mill) and Germany (82 mill), and seems better than Turkey (71 mill) or Russia (145 mill)? All these country's have bigger city's than my whole country.

22. Todorov

Todorov New Member

May 22, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    In a nutshell, that's the magic of the sport. You can beat on the field bigger teams than your own (and lose to smaller ones too).

23. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Totally agree, as I said earlier I live in Berlin in an area where I meet turks 24/7. We are having a great time right now. I couldnt even buy my newspaper this morning without getting into a long chat with the guy behind the counter. He is of turkish origin (looked terribe this morning) and we were philosophing about the semi-finals.

I cant speak for the younger turks but the older ones I meet have indeed three hearts, two for turkey and one for Germany. I think that is already an achievement and I am more than happy with that.

The big party yesterday night (15.000 people) caused zero trouble and that is very rare in Berlin. The police was there but had nothing to do.

The turkish team has given all of us a great time so far and the matches were tremendously exiciting. However I doubt they will beat us, but in case they do and this in a great match then who cares. Football is a sport, not a silly clash of cultures.

24. soccer333

soccer333 New Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    Re: Croatia-Turkey, Quarterfinals, EURO 2008

Just because I live in The States you think I am an American? You're not just unhappy, you're also stereotyping.. Open your mind to the possibilities perhaps you might have a smile on your face..

25. soccer333

soccer333 New Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    So you want to see them lose because you have hundreds of Turks honking their horns and celebrating? Would you complain the same way if any other nationality, including yours did that when they won or is it just the Turks? I have the South Americans celebrating all the time around where I live but I don't go around praying that their team loses so their celebrations stop. I also have Americans celebrating when their teams win the Super Bowl or the World Series. For some reason I get this feeling that the success of Turks is hardly accepted by some if not many...