Croatia-Turkey, Quarterfinals, EURO 2008 [R]

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by soccer333, Jun 18, 2008.

1. soccer333

soccer333 New Member

Dec 4, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    Hi everyone I wanted to ask about your views about the upcoming match between Croatia and Turkey. Obviously it will be a very exciting game since both teams play very brave and attacking football. Who do you think will win? If you are a fan of either side please try not to be biased which I know is difficult to do sometime. But please try to simply consider the weaknesses and strengths of both sides before deciding who has a better chance.

2. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Re: Croatia-Turkey, Quarterfinals, EURO 2008

well i think croatia is the slightly better team but this game could go either way..the turks have been talking alot of trash of how they are better on the ball then croatia ect..niko kranjcar said it best when asked what do you think of all the comments turkey has been making..he said we will let the play on the field do our talking..well done niko..:)

3. SoccerMomof2

SoccerMomof2 Member

Chelsea
    Nigeria
    Feb 23, 2006
    USA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

I think Turkey just may clinch it... even tho they are going in as the underdog it seems...:rolleyes:

4. drahnier

drahnier Member

Aug 18, 2007
    Sweden

Both Turkeys central midfielders, Aurelio and Emre are missing, aren't they?

Or is Emre back?

Anyway those are 2 of their best players.

5. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006

Croatia are far superior a team, anything less then a croatia victory will be a serious upset, the turks have heart I give them that.

6. BigHeadTodd

BigHeadTodd New Member

Jun 18, 2008

I think Turkey is the only team in the Tournament that has proven they can come back from a goal down (or more), and they have done it twice. Croatia looks good and solid, but I'll take Turkey for dinner please. They have shown me that they know what it takes to win, and have the players to do it.

BHT

7. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006

against who?

switzerland and a way past it czech republic, to compare Croatia to those two teams is a joke

8. Johannes

Johannes Member

Sep 5, 2004
    USA/Netherlands

the pure class of Croatia will prevail, and they are coached by SLAVEN BILLIC !

9. Therk

Therk New Member

Jun 18, 2008

Turkey is a good team but the fact that Croatia is well rested and is generally a higher quality team means they should win.

My prediction: Croatia 3 - 1 Turkey

10. bandaide

bandaide New Member

Sep 3, 2006

Ya, Croatia thrashed a great Austria side with a great penalty and destroyed the Germans (who lost to "way past it czech rep" 0-3 in Munich and finished 2nd best in that qualifying group) and unbelievably beat the super power Poland, if they don't beat the Turkey by at least 3 then Bilic may lose his job...

11. fh 1

fh 1 New Member

Oct 14, 2001
    Croatia
    Croatia has achieved nothing so far. The tournament begins now. It's time to see who's who.

12. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Yes we have. We have reached quarterfinals and that's already a success. But yes, we are ready for more than that.

13. Lusankya

Lusankya Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 14, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am pretty sure you guys will make it to the semis. And then Germany will have revenge!!!! HAHAHAHAHA :p;)

(if they could somehow make it past portugal....:()

14. roxbury

roxbury Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Its gonna be huge match for both side sure.
    Turks get confidance for beat Czech, thats make huge morale motivation for upcoming game. Its always good to be as a underdog.

I believe Turkey will gonna get good result rom this game.

2:1 or 1:0 Turks or 1:2 for Croatian.

@drahnier,

Emre Belozoglu will be ready for this match.
    Aurelio is out. because of yellow card suspention.

15. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a good match. Surprise 3rd place teams of 98 & 02 WCs going head-to-head. Croatia are technically better but Turkey have a lot of passion and never give up.

My prediction ... 2-1 Croatia. May the best team win.... and go on to reach the final!

16. TariboWest33

TariboWest33 Member

Jul 8, 2007
    It'll be though match, chances are 50/50

17. maslow

maslow New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Croatia

Now I untherstand what are you talkling about.
    We must not won England, but we ware only because we could.
    We must not won Poland, but we ware only because we could. (with B team)
    Now we must win Turkey, so we will because we can beat anyone.

Czech have won Germans B-team 0-3 in Munich.

18. TechFootball85

TechFootball85 New Member

May 1, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    In knockout stage I think mentality more matters than technique does. Team Turkey showed that they have the heart to overcome difficulities. So I give them the edge.

The Turks win either 1-0 in extra time or in PK Shootout.

19. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The Turks are going to bring the do or die physical game play to Croatia, knowing they are weak on defense. If this frustrates Croatia enough, the counter will allow the Turks to start attacking more. This is going to be the most physical game IMO, cards will be flying. It's a pity Volkan is out. The battle between Tuncay and Modric will be determining factors.

20. maslow

maslow New Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Croatia
    Croatia score 4 : 1
    Turkey score 5 : 5

Which team have weak defense?

21. 4evermedi

4evermedi New Member

May 31, 2008
    I see quite a few Croatia fans thinking this is going to be a cake walk for them. In fact, in between the compliments paid to Turkiye, you could see the undermining attitude of the Croat players, also. And , I like that!
    We welcome them to the wolves' den...no way out. Fight to the end. And what a fight and a great match it will be. You will se the color the Turks (players and spectators) bring to European soccer.

And now, it is time for the Turks to play well from the start and not fall behind for a change and that is exactly what we are going to see. If they score the first goal early, watch out Croatia and the world cause you will see many more following.

Technically, I see the two teams even. The Turks have lost seven players between the injuries and the cards, but believe me there is more talent yet on the sideline. I expect Karadeniz to make an impact and we have not even used our left full back/wing Ugur, yet. Watch him play and dribble thru their right side with incredible speed and set up those balls. He is another talent close to Arda's level. Terim kept him as a secret weapon.

Heart and fightwise, the Turks have the upper hand. predict 3-1 Turkiye.;)

22. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Turkey.

23. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    I dont see any Croats acting as confident as You are.

24. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Quite the opposite, even the English weren't so underestimating of us as Turkish coach and players are. And I like that!

25. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Croatia are rather slow on the ground in defence and DM, the Kovac brothers turn like oil tankers, while Turkey have a lot of mobility up front with Nihat and Arda.

I think Croatia will win it, another 3-2 scoreline, but it will be entertaining and close all the way through.