Review: Croatia - Turkey - additional qualifications for EURO 2012.

Discussion in 'Croatia' started by carmelino, Oct 13, 2011.

1. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    What a weird destiny, Turkey won against us and every Croatian could feel the sorrow on that day. Thriller match, the match that we will all remember as a great disaster and lack of any fortune.

Quarterfinals of EURO 2008, after 90 minutes, 0-0.
    119 minute - Croatia scored for 1-0, Ivan Klasnic.
    Croatian players were so happy, eruption of joy, happiness, semifinals were just one minute away, difficult match, Croats dominated but nothing could pass in their goal.

122 minute - Turkey scored for 1-1, Semih Senturk.

Eruption of sadness, tears in players eyes, every Croat will remember this day, and now we meet again.:eek:

Extra time stayed 1-1.

Euro 2008. - quarterfinals: Croatia - Turkey, Vienna.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-be_aCSxXM&feature=player_embedded"]TURSKA HRVATSKA - YouTube[/ame]

Croatia lost completely their head, missed almost every penalty shot, Turkish players scored every penalty and after this match we can't combine like before, 3 years of poor matches, not qualifying for World Cup and now destiny connected us again.

I am not happy with this draw, we couldn't get heavier team than them.:( If we lose again, Croatia will have serious problems in the future.:( This was not ordinary defeat in Vienna, many things happened in players heads on mental level.:( Hoping to see the best edition of Croatian team.:)

[​IMG]

Croatia national team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Croatia_national_football_team

Turkey national team: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_national_football_team

Key players of Turkey in my opinion: Volkan Demirel, Servet Çetin, Emre Belözoğlu, Hamit Altıntop, Arda Turan, Brazilian Mehmet Aurélio, Kazım Kazım, Mevlüt Erdinç, Nuri Şahin.

2. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Photos of Croatian players after this thriller in Vienna::(

[​IMG]

Turkish recent match at home against Germany:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DVw2vqpi-rE

[​IMG]

http://sportski.net.hr/nogomet/reprezentacija/page/2011/10/13/0664006.html

Google Translator:

BILIC REVENGE

'For three years I had this dream, we are stronger than Turkey!'

Will this time in the match against the Turks Croatia will be happier?

"Turkey is a strong but not stronger than us. We waited three years, we need to revenge for what happened in Vienna. No matter how Turks are good, we're better and we must go," said Slaven Bilic after the draw.

Croatian national football team will play two matches in extra qualifications to qualify for the EURO against Turkey! The first match is on 11th or 12th November in Turkey, and return is on 15th November in Croatia, only to decide in which city?

Coach Slaven Bilic after the match with Latvia, said that any team that we get the additional qualifications, and when he heard the name 'Turkey', this is the reaction:

"Turkey is a strong but not stronger than us. We waited three years, we need to revenge for what happened in Vienna. No matter how Turks are good, we're better and we must go," said Slaven Bilic after the draw.

Now it will actually have a chance for revenge and 'rehabilitation' of the trauma from the 20th June 2008 in Vienna when the Croatian Ivan Klasnic took a goal in the 119th minute, but the Turks for two minutes and twenty seconds later, Semih Senturk equalized over the last penalty shootouts in the semifinals.

"It will be difficult with the Turks, very difficult. But we are better and we even play another game at home. If something goes wrong, we risk a little more in front of our audience," he said immediately after the draw striker Nikica Jelavic.

3. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    It should be in Zagreb, right? (Maksimir Stadium).

I watched the 2nd half of the game Turkey-Germany, and honestly I wasn't impressed at all by the Turkish NT. I think they're an ok squad, but in 180 minutes everything can happen.

4. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Yes, Zagreb 99%. President and members of Croaian Football Federation are Dinamo Zagreb fans. President of Dinamo Zagreb Zdravko Mamic is unofficial ruler of Croatian football. Slaven Bilic will stay Croatian coach if he wins against Turkey. Croatian headquarters believes in our victory, we always say: "We are better than they are", against every opponent.:rolleyes: It would be hard, very hard.

Turkey has an advantage because most of their players play in Turkish league: Galatasaray, Fenerbahce, Besiktas, Trabzonspor, but many of them play in good clubs, like: Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Werder Bremen, Valencia, HSV, PSG.

I think that they have better goalkeeper, their defense is bad I think.

Their coach is Guus Hiddink, coach who participated with different teams on almost every competition: Netherlands, Australia, Russia, South Korea, now Turkey.

They also have a nice number of players from Turkish diaspora, like Croatia:

Hamit Altıntop, born in Gelsenkirchen
    Mehmet Ekici, born in Munchen
    Gökhan Töre, born in Koln
    Colin Kazim-Richards, born in London. His mother is a Turkish Cypriot (which enabled him to join the Turkish national team), and his father is of Antiguan descent.:D
    Mevlüt Erdinç, born in Saint-Claude, France
    Nuri Kâzım Şahin, born in Lüdenscheid, West Germany
    Nadir Çiftçi, born in the Hague, Netherlands

It's interesting that Turkish born players mostly stay in Turkish league, but these who were born abroad they make Turkish international players. They probably have problems with adaptation after they leave home nostalgia I assume.

I heard that Turkey has problems, but these 180 minutes can do anything. Turkey has psychological advantage, because of this victory in Vienna 2008. Nobody predicted them on EURO 2008, they know how to come back from negative result. Maybe they weren't good because Germany played great. Croatia would win against Germany, we know them as a nation perfectly, we are very connected through history, it's easier to play against Germany than against Turkey. From Germany you know what are their qualities, bad spots, about Turkey nobody knows anything. They play in some moments "wild" football, very euphoric, temperament, they don't do fouls, but their style of game is unpredictable, at least they played like this before 3 years on this EURO, they didn't participated in South Africa.

This was Turkish group on EURO 2008:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008_Group_A

They are come back team, they received goal against Switzerland and they won 1-2. Same thing happened against Czech Republic, we expected them as our opponents in quarterfinals, but Turkey won against them 3-2.

They came back against Croatia also.

UEFA Euro 2008 knockout stage:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2008_knockout_stage

5. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Croatia - Turkey Lineups - EURO 2008.

[​IMG]

They played defensive against us, we can expect similar thing in upcoming matches.

6. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    This who I wanted to face. Motivation should not be a problem. We have a chance to avenge that tragic loss in euro 2008. Looking at there team they have good players but I think we have better. If we play like we can we will beat Turkey.

7. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Motivation will be there, I am sure in this. Also we passed two times this additional qualifications, against Ukraine for World Cup 1998 and Slovenia for EURO 2004. We haven't lost in these qualifications, for example Ireland lost 6,7 times in these add. qualifications.:eek:

Turkish national league is better than Croatian. It's obvious that they have similar problems in their style, like we do, but they lost against greater teams, like Germany, they didn't played against bunker teams.

Turkish matches in this EURO qualifications:

Group A

3-9-2010 Belgium 0 - 1 Germany
    3-9-2010 Kazakhstan 0 - 3 Turkey
    7-9-2010 Turkey 3 - 2 Belgium
    7-9-2010 Austria 2 - 0 Kazakhstan
    7-9-2010 Germany 6 - 1 Azerbaijan
    8-10-2010 Kazakhstan 0 - 2 Belgium
    8-10-2010 Austria 3 - 0 Azerbaijan
    8-10-2010 Germany 3 - 0 Turkey
    12-10-2010 Kazakhstan 0 - 3 Germany
    12-10-2010 Azerbaijan 1 - 0 Turkey:eek:
    12-10-2010 Belgium 4 - 4 Austria
    25-3-2011 Austria 0 - 2 Belgium
    26-3-2011 Germany 4 - 0 Kazakhstan
    29-3-2011 Belgium 4 - 1 Azerbaijan
    29-3-2011 Turkey 2 - 0 Austria
    3-6-2011 Kazakhstan 2 - 1 Azerbaijan
    3-6-2011 Belgium 1 - 1 Turkey
    3-6-2011 Austria 1 - 2 Germany
    7-6-2011 Azerbaijan 1 - 3 Germany
    2-9-2011 Azerbaijan 1 - 1 Belgium
    2-9-2011 Germany 6 - 2 Austria
    2-9-2011 Turkey 2 - 1 Kazakhstan
    6-9-2011 Azerbaijan 3 - 2 Kazakhstan
    6-9-2011 Austria 0 - 0 Turkey
    7-10-2011 Turkey 1 - 3 Germany
    7-10-2011 Belgium 4 - 1 Kazakhstan
    7-10-2011 Azerbaijan 1 - 4 Austria
    11-10-2011 Kazakhstan 0 - 0 Austria
    11-10-2011 Germany 3 - 1 Belgium
    11-10-2011 Turkey 1 - 0 Azerbaijan

Standings
    P W D L GF GA GD Pts
    1 Germany 10 10 0 0 34 7 27 30
    2 Turkey 10 5 2 3 13 11 2 17
    3 Belgium 10 4 3 3 21 15 6 15
    4 Austria 10 3 3 4 16 17 -1 12
    5 Azerbaijan 10 2 1 7 10 26 -16 7
    6 Kazakhstan 10 1 1 8 6 24 -18 4

I think that they have a lot of problems, bad attack, average defense. They also underrate their opponents, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, it's weird that Belgium and Austria had better attack, only three goals more than Azerbaijan.

Azerbaijan is a difficult team, they have unpleasant bunker. Austria is a weak team, Croatia won against Austria on EURO 2008, only 1-0, from 11 meters, we played very bad against Austria. Than we won against Germany 2-1 in one excellent style. Against Poland we played with B team and we we again 1-0.
    Belgium will be great team in the future, Eden Hazard is their best player, Belgian Messi.:)
    We can't compare Croatian and Turkish group, our group was much easier for us. We didn't used this.

Turkish road to World Cup 2010:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FIFA_World_Cup_qualification_–_UEFA_Group_5

They also scored 13 goals, constant shape. They also had problems with Belgium, Estonia, Bosnia, but against Spain they were motivated. They underrate weaker teams, that's obvious.

8. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Stupid Bilic better play 4-4-2. Eduardo is much more effective and can still score goals when he gets chances. Using edurado as a winger or midfielder is just stupid. Looks like Kranjcar won't play which is good as now Perisic will play instead.

9. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Croatia can't play defensive, this controlled football is insane. 4-4-2, or 3-5-2, old Croatian formation.:D

Perisic proved how is he greater level than Kranjcar, if someone keeps forcing Kranjcar instead of Perisic, he is being weak and he listens someone else. This Kranjcar is over protected like totem I believe. Even his father said, I would put two attackers and my son behind them.:confused:

Perisic reminds me on true contemporary player, strong, fast, good technical skills, clear head, motivated. With him and Rakitic even Strinic plays much better.:D

Corluka should play instead of Srna and Vida should play as RB player. So much energy in Vida.

Nikica Jelavic showed nothing, his strength is useless. Olic, Eduardo, Klasnic, Petric, Mandzukic are much better than him.

Mandzukic evolved very much under the dictator Falix Magath.:p

I don't know what will happen with Pranjic, I believe that he won't play anymore, even though Bilic "forgave" him, this was just show for viewers, there are much deeper problems. Simunic started to talk, he said: "I can't say what is on my soul, I could have problems".

I don't know can we pass against Turkey, they are some kind of mixture between Israel, Georgia and Greece. They are better than they are, but they can copy their style against us.

Croatia could have problems in defense, you have probably seen this error of Lovren, when Pletikosa saved us.

Sad moments in the last match against Turkey:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  11. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  12. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have never seen so much sadness in recent times of football.:(

13. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Photos of Croatian last training before the match against Latvia in city Rijeka:
    http://sportski.net.hr/nogomet/hnl/page/2011/10/12/0371006.html

Everybody just walked around, or stand on the field, lazy players.:D Or they just repaired their equipment.:D Old school.:rolleyes: With this approach they can't win against no one.

Photos - during the match against Latvia:

Nice walk in city Opatija, Croatian "Monte Carlo":

Photos - match against Greece, similar easy approach:

14. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I have compared four best teams of these additional qualifications: Croatia, Portugal, Republic of Ireland and Turkey.

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/ra...L&t4=POR&dRange=3&fm=10&fy=2007&tm=10&ty=2011

It seems that Croatia and Portugal have similar shape in recent months.
    In July 2010, Croatia had big problems.
    Turkey started to play very bad in June 2009.
    Croatian shape is going up, Turkish shape is going down I assume.

15. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    My Bigsoccer friend from Turkey has send me some music videos from Turkey.:) Breath of Orient.:) What do you think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My2LvqSKo_o"]kazim koyuncu gidiyorum - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C8OnTJrZSQ&feature=related"]SINAN YILMAZ HOPTEK KOLBASTI YENI KTÜ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX3iA-QEim0"]Duman- Herseyi Yak - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxedR7FKGM"]Sen Gelmeden Olamam Ki Taburcu - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KicHwAJ-VL8"]Diyar Pala PomPALAmasyon ( Yeni Album 2010 ) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrpqiIOuf88"]K?raç - Fenerbahçe 100. Y?l Mar?? - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6iT79pXL-E&feature=related[/ame]

16. carmelino

carmelino Red Card

Oct 23, 2010
    Europe
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Meanings of Turkish football surnames:

Volkan Demir-el : Volcano Iron-hand

Semih Şen-türk : Generous-one HappyTurk

Rüştü Reçber : Mature-one Farmer

Sabri Sarı-oğlu : Patient-one(?) Son-of-fair (-haired-one)

Servet Çetin : Fortune Challenging/Hard

Hakan Balta : King Axe

Mehmet Topal / Top-al : The-highly-praised-one Cripple / Grab-the-cannon (ball)

Arda Turan : A river in Eastern Thrace Fatherland-of-Turks

Emre Gün-gör : Friend see-day

Tunc-ay Şanlı : Bronze (color)-moon Famous

Gök-deniz Kara-deniz : Blue-sea Black-sea

Nihat Kahve-ci : Nature/Creation Coffee-seller/maker

Hakan Şükür : King Thanks

Fatih Terim : Conqueror Term

Yildir-ay Bas-turk : Shining-moon head/leader-turk

Halil Altin-top : The-beloved-one Golden-ball

Nuri Sahin : The-shining-one Falcon

Gök-han ün-al : sky-ruler be-famous

17. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Im sure most of the Bosinaks will be rooting hard for the Turks just like they did in Euro 2008..:eek: Nationalism is getting lower in our country as the Yugo politicians and media just rips anyone apart if they are..Its sad really as even when were not as talented they almost always played with nationalistic pride..Niko Kovac recently gave an interview about this issue..I wish he was our coach as he would make sure these players played hard for the sacred jersey..

18. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    For myself I will cheer for Croatia , turkish people are so wired and different that Bosnia does not relate to them at all other than religion, I would rather watch Croatia and Slovenia than turkey don't get me wrong they play good soccer but I just can't stand the Turkish people I meet and know rather cheer for some on who speaks the language that I speek

19. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    You are one of the rare few that will..You guys really got a bad break getting Portugal again..You guys can beat them but i still think Portugal are about 70-30 favorites to advance..Im just glad we are not facing B@H as there would have been all kind of incidents..As far as Turkey its 50-50 for me but i just have a feeling the Turks will pull it out again..

20. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina

i havent been fallowing turkey or croatia during this last campaign of qualifiers, but i know for the WC qualifiers both sides were fantastic, turkey has lost ozil to germany if they had him turkey would be a crazy dominate force, but i think both sides will have a challenge against each other. I actually wanted to face portugal i think we can beat them, they are the favorites on paper just matter on how we perform on the field if we play like we did the last 5 games we should not have a problem of drawing or winning the first game in zenica, the one in lisbon we can draw them for sure there, even if we lose we could score on them there

21. Mupy9391

Mupy9391 New Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Bijeljina, BiH
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Not true.. Im as Bosniak as it gets and I always rooted for Croatia.. I like Turkey too but when the 2 play I just feel the need to root for Croatia as always... I rooted for Croatia in Euro 2004 all the way until now. My father is the same way.. we always root for Bosnia.. Slovenia..Croatia.. Montenegro.. the only team I root againsts would have to be Serbia I was happy to see Slovenia destroy their chances of gettin through to the play offs. I guess Im a bad person.:cool:

22. JAIME CHILE

JAIME CHILE Member+

Apr 26, 2006
    V.Alemana y Stgo
    Club:
    Cobreloa Calama
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Good luck Croatia!:)

23. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    so far so good... watch me jinx it :D

24. Ozilll

Ozilll Member

Mar 12, 2011
    I am a Turc, i want to congrat Croatia, i just wished they scored more goals so the fenerbahce 'agents' are all kicked out of the team. We conceded amateur goals.

25. TheEuroStick

TheEuroStick Member+

Aug 8, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    wow today showed turkey is not what it was once