Cristiano Ronaldo

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by MrZedd, Sep 25, 2003.

1. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    not henry, not okacha, kewell or cole...... then who could it be besides ronaldo with such great footwork? :) ;)

2. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Re: It seems obvious

Errr? Not sure what this was in response to. My only argument was that SAF doesn't precisely deserve credit for "finding" ronaldo.

:confused:

3. jimone

jimone New Member

Sep 12, 2003
    hollywood
    I'm agreeing with you haven

"You think that if Arsenal, Newcastle, Inter, and any other # of clubs would not have bought Ronaldo had they the money?"

but pointing out that it was the interest from other clubs ironically, that brought him to OT.

4. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    Re: It seems obvious

Wow, that reminds me of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who also followed Liverpool all his life before coming to United.

5. kaberon10

kaberon10 New Member

Aug 10, 2002
    Evanston
    I think that Okocha still has better skills than Ronaldo...Okocha always has a trick up his sleeve that allows him to juke past a defender, and is under more pressure in the middle to keep posession. Ronaldo is fun to watch though!

6. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Always hard to tell with Okocha. He's great to watch, but gives the ball away more than most players dream of doing. He does some really clever tricks... but they don't work far more often than they do, it seems. I'm sure many players could attempt many of them just as well... but choose not to, because it's not worth the risk. Okocha tries things that players with greater skill than he won't attempt in games. It's one of the luxuries of playing for Bolton - and is also a reason why he's not playign somewhere else.

I think it's always interesting watching Giggs. He's skillful and fast, but you never see him even try most of the stuff those like Okocha do.

7. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    Stuttgart must've read this thread:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=166059